Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
WTR
Banned
Posts in topic: 4

Walter PPS

Post by WTR »

I'm not familiar with the platform. Are they prone to "limp" wristing, or do they need a prolonged break in period? Thanks

TexAg08
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Walter PPS

Post by TexAg08 »

All semi-autos are gonna be prone to limp wristing. Ive had my PPS for about 4 years now and love it's size. Wish I had the most recent model that has the button mag release vs trigger guard. No break in was needed since it's not a super tight custom gun. Has never failed and eats everything.

jason812
Posts in topic: 3

Post by jason812 »

I haven't tried to limp wrist mine but it (Gen1 .40cal) has gobbled everything I have fed it. It is my EDC and conceals very easy. Also, I find it easy to shoot as well.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

Topic author
WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

A friend of mine bought one in 9mm and has had some malfunctions with ball ammo. She is taking lessons from an ex seal and frankly is shooting lights out. However, he has her grip the weapon in her right hand and place her left hand on her "table" ( cup of her left Palm). I was wondering if that could be the cause of her malfunctions . She also has poor finger disapline. Now she had only one lesson and her shot placement is nothing short of amazing. As I am not her instructor, I did not offer her any potential suggestions other than correct her finger disapline. Her instructor is also trying to convince her to buy a Sig. She chose the PPS on her own and likes it's feel. Therefore, I told her to stay with what she is comfortable with

jason812

Post by jason812 »

Do you know what kind of ball ammo? If Wolf or TULA I wot suggest different ammo. Not understanding how she is gripping the pistol.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

Topic author
WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

She grips the pistol in her right hand and rests the butt in her left Palm. Not sure of the ammo. I know it was purchase off the web in bulk by her son .

jason812

Post by jason812 »

I haven't tried that but I wonder if they upward pressure on the mag is causing the problem.

Topic author
WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

jason812 wrote:I haven't tried that but I wonder if they upward pressure on the mag is causing the problem.
He thinks it may be a break in issue.

goose

Post by goose »

WTR wrote:
jason812 wrote:I haven't tried that but I wonder if they upward pressure on the mag is causing the problem.
He thinks it may be a break in issue.
I'd get the grip right first. Doesn't require any dollars; ought to be done anyway; would fix the upward pressure issue if there.
NRA Endowment - NRA RSO - Μολὼν λάβε

maverick2076

Post by maverick2076 »

Your friend needs a new instructor. Cup and saucer grip is 40 years out of date. I'd questions both the credentials and capabilities of any instructor who was teaching such an outdated and inferior technique.

TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

Yeah, you want this kind of grip almost certainly:
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”