Dallas: NRA Annual Meetings/Exhibits, May 4-6, 2018.

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

jmorris
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Dallas: NRA Annual Meetings/Exhibits, May 4-6, 2018.

Post by jmorris »

No, the meeting in Houston was not posted.
Jay E Morris,
Guardian Firearm Training, NRA Pistol, LTC < retired from all
NRA Lifetime, TSRA Lifetime
NRA Recruiter (link)

Liberty
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Liberty »

TexAg08 wrote:Any idea if carry will be allowed? I went the gen one in Houston, but don't recall if it was posted or not.
Carry was allowed at the Houston convention.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

AJSully421

Post by AJSully421 »

I bet carry is allowed, unless Trump is speaking.
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan, 1964

30.06 signs only make criminals and terrorists safer.

NRA, LTC, School Safety, Armed Security, & Body Guard Instructor

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

TexAg08 wrote:Any idea if carry will be allowed? I went the gen one in Houston, but don't recall if it was posted or not.
You will be able to carry at any NRA convention. That's a contractual requirement that only a last minute change in the law could obviate. That's not happening in Texas.

Chas.

TexasJohnBoy
Banned
Posts in topic: 4

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
You will be able to carry at any NRA convention. That's a contractual requirement that only a last minute change in the law could obviate. That's not happening in Texas.

Chas.
:anamatedbanana
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

I plan on parking at the TRE station in Ft. Worth, and riding the train to Dallas, and then getting on the DART rail to the convention center. It really helps avoid Dallas traffic on weekdays. Plus LTC carry is legal on all of the trains. I believe it is $10 a day, and there may be two day, passes that are cheaper. They have no service on Sunday, but I only plan to go Friday and Saturday. I have never been able to get off, to travel to an NRA convention, so I am really looking forward to next year. :anamatedbanana
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

AJSully421

Post by AJSully421 »

george wrote:I do not know if they still do this, but I volunteered to work when they were in Houston, and they appointed me as one of the firearms inspectors. Consequently, I had access to the show outside of regular hours. That is, no one was there except the people setting up their booths. It was a fantastic opportunity to speak with people from all the vendors, and handle some amazing firearms. There are other volunteer positions (working in the store, signing in members, etc.), but I don't know anything about them.
How does one apply to be a volunteer at the convention? I'm in Fort Worth, but I could put in 2-3 days for them.
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan, 1964

jmorris

Post by jmorris »

AJSully421 wrote:
george wrote:I do not know if they still do this, but I volunteered to work when they were in Houston, and they appointed me as one of the firearms inspectors. Consequently, I had access to the show outside of regular hours. That is, no one was there except the people setting up their booths. It was a fantastic opportunity to speak with people from all the vendors, and handle some amazing firearms. There are other volunteer positions (working in the store, signing in members, etc.), but I don't know anything about them.
How does one apply to be a volunteer at the convention? I'm in Fort Worth, but I could put in 2-3 days for them.
For this year there was an option on the web site menu. I imagine next year will be the same.
Jay E Morris,
Guardian Firearm Training, NRA Pistol, LTC < retired from all
NRA Lifetime, TSRA Lifetime
NRA Recruiter (link)

Topic author
surprise_i'm_armed
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

I'm planning on ordering a custom T-shirt with our forum name on it, "SIA", and my full screen name.
If any of y'all see me there, please stop me and say hi.
SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

AJSully421 wrote:

We have a Forum Administrator, who may be able to provide you with information. I would just PM Charles, and see if he can point you in the right direction.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

KLB
Posts in topic: 1

Post by KLB »

I don't know, but it would be extremely foolish politically to ban concealed or open carry. Gun controllers would have a heck of a field day with that.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Jusme wrote:
AJSully421 wrote:

We have a Forum Administrator, who may be able to provide you with information. I would just PM Charles, and see if he can point you in the right direction.
Sorry, I have no idea how we recruit and/or organize volunteers.

Chas.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Here you go.

I'm sure they will have a similar signup page for Dallas. https://www.nraam.org/volunteer/

https://volunteer.nra.org/volunteer.aspx
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

AJSully421

Post by AJSully421 »

Thanks Mojo, but the first link is for Atlanta with no mention of Dallas, and the second link has no mention of the annual meeting listed. I guess I will have to look around a few months before.

Return to “Off-Topic”