ACLU Issues Texas ‘Travel Advisory’

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

TreyHouston
Posts in topic: 1

Re: ACLU Issues Texas ‘Travel Advisory’

Post by TreyHouston »

If I open an unlocked door and walk into you house, Am I your guest? If "you" believe in open borders, why do you have locks on your doors and a fence in your yard? Are you discriminating against others?
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

TreyHouston wrote:If I open an unlocked door and walk into you house, Am I your guest?
Oh, I like that analogy, I like it a lot.

Chas.

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
TreyHouston wrote:If I open an unlocked door and walk into you house, Am I your guest?

Chas.
A better analogy would be not just a guest, but a resident who has just as much right to be there as you. A guest can be asked to leave. Those who would support open borders would advocate that it is not right for us to ask them to leave.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 6

Post by bblhd672 »

Flightmare wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:

Chas.
A better analogy would be not just a guest, but a resident who has just as much right to be there as you. A guest can be asked to leave. Those who would support open borders would advocate that it is not right for us to ask them to leave.
One better- not a guest or a resident but a family member.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

flowrie
Posts in topic: 1

Post by flowrie »

I believe AG Sessions already issued a travel advisory, " Border is not open, do not come ".
Former NRA Life Member
1911 fan

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Pawpaw »

Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Dadtodabone

Post by Dadtodabone »

Scott Farkus wrote:
oohrah wrote:I can't believe what I'm reading! The ACLU exists solely to protect the Bill of Rights (yes, that includes the 2nd Amendment), you know, those amendments that protect the individual from the majority. This is the same group that is defending your right to keep and bear arms.

The "sanctuary city" bill went too far IMO ,because it gives the police near "papers please" powers. This bill will legitimize the profiling of honest citizens.

I support the basic intent of the bill that if you are illegal, you are a criminal, and should be handed over to the Feds, but the state is trying to tell local jurisdictions how to do their jobs.
I'd be interested in seeing a link to a single time the ACLU defended the 2nd Amendment, at least in a way that the members of this forum view it. As I recall, the ACLU doesn't believe that the right to keep and bear applies to inviduals.
The Nevada state level organization. https://www.aclunv.org/en/issues/second-amendment
"Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris!"

Jusme
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Jusme »

Dadtodabone wrote:
Scott Farkus wrote:
oohrah wrote:I can't believe what I'm reading! The ACLU exists solely to protect the Bill of Rights (yes, that includes the 2nd Amendment), you know, those amendments that protect the individual from the majority. This is the same group that is defending your right to keep and bear arms.

The "sanctuary city" bill went too far IMO ,because it gives the police near "papers please" powers. This bill will legitimize the profiling of honest citizens.

I support the basic intent of the bill that if you are illegal, you are a criminal, and should be handed over to the Feds, but the state is trying to tell local jurisdictions how to do their jobs.
I'd be interested in seeing a link to a single time the ACLU defended the 2nd Amendment, at least in a way that the members of this forum view it. As I recall, the ACLU doesn't believe that the right to keep and bear applies to inviduals.
The Nevada state level organization. https://www.aclunv.org/en/issues/second-amendment
Read their statement closely. It says with Constitutionally allowed restrictions. This is their same stance everywhere. They don't belive the statement, "The right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed" refers to an individual right.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Dadtodabone

Post by Dadtodabone »

Jusme wrote:
Dadtodabone wrote:
Scott Farkus wrote:

Read their statement closely. It says with Constitutionally allowed restrictions. This is their same stance everywhere. They don't belive the statement, "The right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed" refers to an individual right.
Not at all the same, the others all state their disagreement with SCOTUS rulings like Heller.
https://www.aclunv.org/en/news/aclu-nev ... gun-owners
"Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris!"

Return to “Off-Topic”