Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
MechAg94
Posts in topic: 1

Knife Rights - 2017 Ultimate Steel

Post by MechAg94 »

http://us.kniferights.org/index.php?opt ... 9&Itemid=1

I just wanted to mention that kniferights.org is doing their 2017 Ultimate Steel drawing. It raises money for kniferights.org which I believe has worked to benefit knife carry rights in Texas as well as elsewhere. At the very least, you can browse through all the prizes they have at the link which is worth a few minutes of your time. They have a lot of guns and suppressor packages in the prize list this year in addition to knives. Also, they have an early bird drawing that ends May 15th so there is still time to get in on that.

I don't have any connection to kniferights.org other than I entered the drawing last year and won a very nice knife (way down the prize list) so I was happy to learn they were doing it again this year.

Good luck.

Chemist45

Re: Knife Rights - 2017 Ultimate Steel

Post by Chemist45 »

Looks interesting.
They have a bill working through Texas legislature right now.
https://kniferights.org/legislative-upd ... ntroduced/

I bought a ticket.

ScottDLS

Re: Knife Rights - 2017 Ultimate Steel

Post by ScottDLS »

I heard that the knife rights bill got watered down by some amendments. That's a shame. I am all for expanded liberty for citizens and (legal) residents of Texas. The funny thing is, even though I'm a "gun guy", I'm kind of "scared" of knives. I just wasn't around them much, especially the utility, fishing, and hunting kind. Even though I'm sure it is generally much worse to get shot than cut, I'm just nervous about the thought of a knife fight. I'd bring a gun if I could... :shock:

But that nervousness and inexperience doesn't make me say "no one needs to carry a Bowie knife, or a 7" blade, or a poniard (whatever that is... :smilelol5: ). Lot's of "knife enthusiasts" probably feel the same way about handguns, but I'll bet they support gun carry rights too. The Second Amendment says "arms" which I'm quire sure was meant to include guns, swords, knives, arrows, spears, clubs, hatchets, etc.... :rules:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”