About time fees reduced

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
remington79
Posts in topic: 1

About time fees reduced

Post by remington79 »

It looks like Texas is finally going to lower the high price to get a LTC. For me between the cost of the classes and then the $140 the money involved has served as a poll tax for me as I have been unable to afford it. When I lived here before I was able to get my CHL but since I moved back it has been too cost prohibitive. Hopefully with the lowering of the price more people will decide to get their LTC. Where I moved from a few years ago it was $55 for the initial and $25 for the renewals. The article did say the state will lose money but one needs to remember the state should not be earning a profit for a license to exercise your rights.
http://www.breitbart.com/texas/2017/05/ ... ense-fees/
Sent to you from Galt's Gulch.

Lambda Force

Re: About time fees reduced

Post by Lambda Force »

They will not lose money. They just won't make a profit.
Tyranny is identified by what is legal for government employees but illegal for the citizenry.

Mel
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Mel »

Looking at what I can find on the proposed renewal schedule, I don't see a special fee listed for Veterans. Am I correct that our renewal will go up from $25 to $40?
I hope I'm missing something.
Mel
Airworthiness Inspector specializing in Experimental and Light-Sport Aircraft since the last Century.

txpilot

Post by txpilot »

Mel wrote:Looking at what I can find on the proposed renewal schedule, I don't see a special fee listed for Veterans. Am I correct that our renewal will go up from $25 to $40?
The $25 veteran fee is spelled out in GC 411.1951, and SB16 does not change that, so the veteran fee will remain the same.

Mel
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Mel »

txpilot wrote:
Mel wrote:Looking at what I can find on the proposed renewal schedule, I don't see a special fee listed for Veterans. Am I correct that our renewal will go up from $25 to $40?
The $25 veteran fee is spelled out in GC 411.1951, and SB16 does not change that, so the veteran fee will remain the same.
Thanks. I missed that.
Mel
Airworthiness Inspector specializing in Experimental and Light-Sport Aircraft since the last Century.

striker55

Post by striker55 »

Governor signed the bill today!

Bodeneth

Post by Bodeneth »

striker55 wrote:Governor signed the bill today!
I wonder how long it will take for all of us who paid $140 to get that $100 refund check in the mail. :reddevil
My Springfield Armory XD 45 Mod 2 with a 3.3in barrel rides around in an Aliengear IWB 3.0, mounted on a Bigfoot / Aliengear gunbelt.

CoffeeNut

Post by CoffeeNut »

I'm curious if the website will actually be updated on September 1st for the new pricing. I chose to wait and I'm hoping they don't screw it up.
EDC: Sig Sauer P320SC / P238

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”