Ft. Worth Gun Buyback

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Syntyr
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Ft. Worth Gun Buyback

Post by Syntyr »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:
G.A. Heath wrote:
maverick2076 wrote:
G.A. Heath wrote:They do list the buyback on facebook .... for now. I reported it for 'buying or selling drugs, guns..."
:reddevil :smilelol5: "rlol"
That's awesome!
Facebook decided it did not violate their guidelines. In feedback I explained why I thought it did.
Cool. So I am free to post an ad offering to buy guns?
Sounds like a plan to me. Call it the soccerdad gun buyback and crime prevention program. Its 100% not tax payer funded...
Syntyr
"Wherever you go... There you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
"Inconceivable!" - Fizzinni

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Syntyr wrote:
Soccerdad1995 wrote:
G.A. Heath wrote:
maverick2076 wrote:
G.A. Heath wrote:They do list the buyback on facebook .... for now. I reported it for 'buying or selling drugs, guns..."
That's awesome!
Facebook decided it did not violate their guidelines. In feedback I explained why I thought it did.
Sounds like a plan to me. Call it the soccerdad gun buyback and crime prevention program. Its 100% not tax payer funded...
I'll make sure to set up the program just like the one that FWPD is doing so as to avoid any issues with Facebook. Something along the lines of "Hey there, if anyone has guns they want to sell, I'm buying. I will pay a flat rate of $50 per gun, no questions asked, no need for ID, and don't worry, I won't check to see whether they are stolen. I will be at the corner of X and Y from 9 AM to Noon on Saturday."

Mxrdad
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Mxrdad »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:
Syntyr wrote:
Soccerdad1995 wrote:
G.A. Heath wrote:
maverick2076 wrote:
That's awesome!
I'll make sure to set up the program just like the one that FWPD is doing so as to avoid any issues with Facebook. Something along the lines of "Hey there, if anyone has guns they want to sell, I'm buying. I will pay a flat rate of $50 per gun, no questions asked, no need for ID, and don't worry, I won't check to see whether they are stolen. I will be at the corner of X and Y from 9 AM to Noon on Saturday."
And we will bring ya some reading material and maybe some cookies if they allow those things where that will land ya. :lol::
Just some guy's opinion.

OlBill

Post by OlBill »

What's going on up there?

snorri
Posts in topic: 1

Post by snorri »

OlBill wrote:What's going on up there?
It sounds like a gun show with unlicensed dealers. Maybe somebody should tip the BATFE.
minatur innocentibus qui parcit nocentibus

RED FLAG LAWS ARE HATE CRIMES

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Mxrdad wrote:
Soccerdad1995 wrote:
Syntyr wrote:
Soccerdad1995 wrote:
G.A. Heath wrote:
maverick2076 wrote:
That's awesome!
And we will bring ya some reading material and maybe some cookies if they allow those things where that will land ya. :lol::
Will it land me the same place that it lands the FW police chief?

These buy-backs are clear invitations to purchase stolen and other illegally owned guns with their clear advertising of "no questions asked". Buying stolen property is either legal or it's illegal. For both the police and a private citizen.

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

As far as I know it is not illegal to own or buy stolen goods as long ads you don't know if they are stolen. If they are proven stolen you can be required to forfeit the goods.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

OlBill

Post by OlBill »

snorri wrote:
OlBill wrote:What's going on up there?
It sounds like a gun show with unlicensed dealers. Maybe somebody should tip the BATFE.
Is Ft Worth turning lib?

Mxrdad

Post by Mxrdad »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:
Mxrdad wrote:
Soccerdad1995 wrote:
Syntyr wrote:
Soccerdad1995 wrote:
G.A. Heath wrote:
maverick2076 wrote:
That's awesome!
Will it land me the same place that it lands the FW police chief?

These buy-backs are clear invitations to purchase stolen and other illegally owned guns with their clear advertising of "no questions asked". Buying stolen property is either legal or it's illegal. For both the police and a private citizen.
I hear ya and agree; Just throwing some fun in there. They admit they don't expect law abiding citizens to turn their guns in, yet don't expect lifelong criminals to turn any in either. Not sure what they are expecting. Muskets? I agree it's a "Feel Good Program".
Just some guy's opinion.

treadlightly
Posts in topic: 3

Post by treadlightly »

Liberty wrote:As far as I know it is not illegal to own or buy stolen goods as long ads you don't know if they are stolen. If they are proven stolen you can be required to forfeit the goods.
I"m not a lawyer - I was raised better than that* - but I think if you buy property intending to not check its status because a reasonable person would suspect theft, you are over the line.

Buy a burger at McDuck's, no need to check the brand on the cow it came from. A reasonable person would assume the beef was both fake and lawfully sold.

Buy a yearling off a McDuck's cattle truck on the side of a back road, that's maybe something a reasonable person would suspect. It seems like deliberately avoiding the question would almost prove intent, and I'm sure I'd have trouble 'splaining myself in court.

Or so it seems to me.

* Present company, the esteemed jurists in this fine venue, excepted, of course. :biggrinjester:

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

treadlightly wrote:
Liberty wrote:As far as I know it is not illegal to own or buy stolen goods as long ads you don't know if they are stolen. If they are proven stolen you can be required to forfeit the goods.
I"m not a lawyer - I was raised better than that* - but I think if you buy property intending to not check its status because a reasonable person would suspect theft, you are over the line.

Buy a burger at McDuck's, no need to check the brand on the cow it came from. A reasonable person would assume the beef was both fake and lawfully sold.

Buy a yearling off a McDuck's cattle truck on the side of a back road, that's maybe something a reasonable person would suspect. It seems like deliberately avoiding the question would almost prove intent, and I'm sure I'd have trouble 'splaining myself in court.

Or so it seems to me.

* Present company, the esteemed jurists in this fine venue, excepted, of course. :biggrinjester:
or buying a gun FF at a gun show from a stranger?
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

Well Soccerdad should have patented his idea with a business method patent. I went to the FWPD gun buyback today and in the lot next to the church where it was held there were guys holding up signs saying they'd buy guns for cash. I sold 'em my rusty old Savage .22 for $50 cash. As I drove away the FWPD looked mildly annoyed. :evil2:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”