"Waiting Room"

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

cr4shover1de
Posts in topic: 3

Re: "Waiting Room"

Post by cr4shover1de »

Well, got all my documents turned in and the only thing left on my wait has been the fingerprints and background check. I'm at day 61 now with no word whatsoever. How long should I wait before calling? I live in Montgomery County.

striker55
Posts in topic: 1

Post by striker55 »

Renewal applied 4/29 received 5/13. FYI I can see what is being delivered by USPS using their "informed delivery" which you can sign up for on the USPS website site. :patriot:

ClintHTx

Post by ClintHTx »

Ok guys I don't have all the specifics but....
Submitted 2/4/17
Mailed in hand today 5/13/17

Seemed to take long for me. But who knows. I had 2 juvi misdemeanors.

cr4shover1de

Post by cr4shover1de »

ClintHTx wrote:Ok guys I don't have all the specifics but....
Submitted 2/4/17

Did you turn in all your documentation for your records for those? I have a differed adjudication misdemeanor from over 10 years ago that I didn't upload documentation for and now I can't even get a reply from the DPS and am passed the 60 day mark.

007Glock
Posts in topic: 4

Post by 007Glock »

Woke up this morning, checked my status, shows fingerprints and background check are complete, and my license in PRINT PENDING!!!
:thewave

Unbelievable, as I was just about to call this morning because I wanted to get some definitive answers because everybody always said something different when I had called prior and to also make sure everything was received correctly. I am very surprised with the fast turnaround, and this is with having one misdemeanor on my record. However, I provided a certified disposition upfront and submitted it with my supporting documents along with my application. I submitted everything together on the front end hoping that it would expedite the process and not have to deal with any postponing of time or letters being sent out for disposition documentation, etc. Frankly, it seemed to work and definitely paid off. I consider myself one of the very lucky ones who went through the process quickly, especially with the situation at hand, but correct preparation is the key. I have read stories of people going all the way to 60 days, 90 days, 120 days, and sometimes close to 180 days. Mine went into print pending in just over 30 days. My timeline is as follows:

Submitted completed LTC Application: 4/10/2017
Fingerprints taken and supporting documentation uploaded and submitted (including certified court disposition): 4/11/2017
RSD verification email stating they received my supporting documents: 4/12/2017
Status progress screen finally shows (everything green except for fingerprints and background check, which both say 'under review'): 4/19/2017
Fingerprints and background check complete, LTC goes into print pending: 5/16/2017

DPS states the 60 days begins once a complete application is received, which includes the application AND all supporting documents. So I am going by the 4/12/2017 date. My application went from processing to print pending in 34 days.

Now for the wait to say MAILED and actually get plastic in hand!!!

GOD BLESS THE STATE OF TEXAS!!! :txflag:
Attachments
LTC Status .jpg

TXPANDABEAR

Post by TXPANDABEAR »

March 20th everything submitted
April 3rd waiting on fingerprints and BG check
April 18 print pending
April 25th mailed
It's on its way, I check the box 3 times a day!!
:txflag: :biggrinjester:

Update: May 3rd still nothing in mail box. Afraid it got lost in mail!

Update: May 8th still no license, so I called the State. She told me the address it was sent to and I figured out why it hasn't shown up. They didn't put my Apt. Number. She waived the replacement fee and has sent for a new license to be printed! And also made sure the correct apt number was on there! Maybe another 2 weeks and it will be here?!

Update: May 16th Plastic finally safely in my hand!!!

ClintHTx

Post by ClintHTx »

cr4shover1de wrote:
ClintHTx wrote:Ok guys I don't have all the specifics but....
Submitted 2/4/17

Did you turn in all your documentation for your records for those? I have a differed adjudication misdemeanor from over 10 years ago that I didn't upload documentation for and now I can't even get a reply from the DPS and am passed the 60 day mark.
One was a minor in possession that I submitted disposition literally 2 weeks before I got it mailed. Not sure if that was what made it go through. The other was a criminal treaspasing that I fought and got dropped had no record on any file. I called every where I could think of and no one could find it. I put both on my application and was worried about the trespassing cause I had no documentation. But I called dps got through and they acted like it wasn't a big deal I didn't have the documents they would investigate it and it would all be good.

Skulls615

Post by Skulls615 »

New to the forum and lots of good info here. Thanks all!

I submitted my application, fingerprints, etc on 4/11. So far, it's been stuck on Fingerprints and Background review. I called yesterday and after a 30 minute wait, I finally reached someone who said they received everything and just to wait longer. I have a Texas license and all that, but maybe it's because I just moved here from CA?

Justanotherguy

Post by Justanotherguy »

New to the forum, but I have been reading this since before I even applied. My story is quite different from so many here. I took the class on Thursday, March 16th. I was lazy and have a life so I didn't go for fingerprints until Saturday, April 8th. I took all of my paperwork to the post office that day and mailed it with a tracking number. The guy told me it would probably be there Monday or Tuesday. I checked the tracking number on Tuesday and it had been delivered that day, the 11th. I didn't check the status again until the following Tuesday, the 18th. It showed that the process had been started and pretty much everything was green, except I believe the last 2 lines. Checked the status again on Thursday the 20th, print pending. On Monday the 24th, it showed mailed. I think I received it on that Thursday. To be upfront, I have NO criminal record and have lived in Texas my entire life. I see people here that are talking about calling their representatives, calling the licensing department everyday, etc. GET A GRIP!!! I carry due to the fact that I work nights and am out at night frequently. It is for self protection. I still don't knowingly put myself in places or situations that are potentially unsafe, armed or not. I have no hero complex and it doesn't make me feel more powerful, importantalizing, or truthfully, any different. The way some of the posters here express themselves leads me to believe they can't say the same. Some have criminal records, regardless of how long ago they were, the fact remains that they have criminal records or have moved around, or they're backgrounds have to be more thoroughly screened. What's wrong with that? You are asking the state, and other innocent individuals, to trust you to carry a deadly weapon. Some here can't even control their temper long enough to wait, though sometimes extended periods of time, for that process to occur. I say to those people, if you've made it this long without legally carrying a gun, what's the big rush? It's not going to make you any different than what you are today. Have patience, if the process is slow for you, so be it.

ClintHTx

Post by ClintHTx »

Justanotherguy wrote:New to the forum, but I have been reading this since before I even applied. My story is quite different from so many here. I took the class on Thursday, March 16th. I was lazy and have a life so I didn't go for fingerprints until Saturday, April 8th. I took all of my paperwork to the post office that day and mailed it with a tracking number. The guy told me it would probably be there Monday or Tuesday. I checked the tracking number on Tuesday and it had been delivered that day, the 11th. I didn't check the status again until the following Tuesday, the 18th. It showed that the process had been started and pretty much everything was green, except I believe the last 2 lines. Checked the status again on Thursday the 20th, print pending. On Monday the 24th, it showed mailed. I think I received it on that Thursday. To be upfront, I have NO criminal record and have lived in Texas my entire life. I see people here that are talking about calling their representatives, calling the licensing department everyday, etc. GET A GRIP!!! I carry due to the fact that I work nights and am out at night frequently. It is for self protection. I still don't knowingly put myself in places or situations that are potentially unsafe, armed or not. I have no hero complex and it doesn't make me feel more powerful, importantalizing, or truthfully, any different. The way some of the posters here express themselves leads me to believe they can't say the same. Some have criminal records, regardless of how long ago they were, the fact remains that they have criminal records or have moved around, or they're backgrounds have to be more thoroughly screened. What's wrong with that? You are asking the state, and other innocent individuals, to trust you to carry a deadly weapon. Some here can't even control their temper long enough to wait, though sometimes extended periods of time, for that process to occur. I say to those people, if you've made it this long without legally carrying a gun, what's the big rush? It's not going to make you any different than what you are today. Have patience, if the process is slow for you, so be it.
Lol ok.

marcotanquinobjj
Posts in topic: 1

Post by marcotanquinobjj »

Justanotherguy wrote:New to the forum, but I have been reading this since before I even applied. My story is quite different from so many here. I took the class on Thursday, March 16th. I was lazy and have a life so I didn't go for fingerprints until Saturday, April 8th. I took all of my paperwork to the post office that day and mailed it with a tracking number. The guy told me it would probably be there Monday or Tuesday. I checked the tracking number on Tuesday and it had been delivered that day, the 11th. I didn't check the status again until the following Tuesday, the 18th. It showed that the process had been started and pretty much everything was green, except I believe the last 2 lines. Checked the status again on Thursday the 20th, print pending. On Monday the 24th, it showed mailed. I think I received it on that Thursday. To be upfront, I have NO criminal record and have lived in Texas my entire life. I see people here that are talking about calling their representatives, calling the licensing department everyday, etc. GET A GRIP!!! I carry due to the fact that I work nights and am out at night frequently. It is for self protection. I still don't knowingly put myself in places or situations that are potentially unsafe, armed or not. I have no hero complex and it doesn't make me feel more powerful, importantalizing, or truthfully, any different. The way some of the posters here express themselves leads me to believe they can't say the same. Some have criminal records, regardless of how long ago they were, the fact remains that they have criminal records or have moved around, or they're backgrounds have to be more thoroughly screened. What's wrong with that? You are asking the state, and other innocent individuals, to trust you to carry a deadly weapon. Some here can't even control their temper long enough to wait, though sometimes extended periods of time, for that process to occur. I say to those people, if you've made it this long without legally carrying a gun, what's the big rush? It's not going to make you any different than what you are today. Have patience, if the process is slow for you, so be it.

I am quite surprised you had enough time to write such a lengthy post, you know....since you are lazy and have a life.

Look at the title of the topic. What do you honestly expect from a poster in "the waiting room" if it isn't to document status and vent a little bit to like-minded people who are also waiting- regardless if the waiting period is justified or not? Just as you have a right for your comment, so does everyone else. Not everyone can be such an arbiter of Patience such as yourself. Perhaps you should reflect on the irony of criticizing people's character that you do not know while having the audacity to self-proclaim such moral rectitude. Was any of that really necessary?

if you do not agree, or dislike reading comments in this section of the forum- you simply do not have to. It is that simple.

007Glock

Post by 007Glock »

Checked my status today, and it says MAILED!!! The 60 day statute begins when DPS receives a complete LTC application, which they define as the application AND supporting documents. So, I am going by the date they sent the confirmation email stating they received my supporting documentation. It only took 37 days from the start of my application to being mailed!

It only took 3 days to go from print pending to mailed. I would guess that I am going to receive it on Monday after the weekend. Here is my current up-to-date timeline so far:

Completed LTC application: 04/10/2017
Got fingerprinted, and submitted all supporting documentation: 4/11/2017
RSD verification email stating supporting documents were received: 4/12/2017
Status screen appears, everything is green, except for fingerprints and background check which are yellow and say 'under review': 4/19/2017
Background check complete and goes into print pending: 05/16/2017
License is mailed: 05/19/2017

I'll keep you guys posted and finally complete my timeline once I receive it. Good luck to everyone on here, especially those who chose to engage and talk with me and help through this waiting process with your advice. I'm still going to stick around and help others and offer any advice I have to get your application moving through the process like I did.

Skulls615

Post by Skulls615 »

007Glock wrote:Checked my status today, and it says MAILED!!! The 60 day statute begins when DPS receives a complete LTC application, which they define as the application AND supporting documents. So, I am going by the date they sent the confirmation email stating they received my supporting documentation. It only took 37 days from the start of my application to being mailed!

It only took 3 days to go from print pending to mailed. I would guess that I am going to receive it on Monday after the weekend. Here is my current up-to-date timeline so far:

Completed LTC application: 04/10/2017
Got fingerprinted, and submitted all supporting documentation: 4/11/2017
RSD verification email stating supporting documents were received: 4/12/2017
Status screen appears, everything is green, except for fingerprints and background check which are yellow and say 'under review': 4/19/2017
Background check complete and goes into print pending: 05/16/2017
License is mailed: 05/19/2017

I'll keep you guys posted and finally complete my timeline once I receive it. Good luck to everyone on here, especially those who chose to engage and talk with me and help through this waiting process with your advice. I'm still going to stick around and help others and offer any advice I have to get your application moving through the process like I did.
Congrats! Strange, I needed no supporting documentation and am one day after from your submission date. Yet, still stuck on background check and fingerprints.

Justanotherguy

Post by Justanotherguy »

marcotanquinobjj wrote:

I am quite surprised you had enough time to write such a lengthy post, you know....since you are lazy and have a life.

Look at the title of the topic. What do you honestly expect from a poster in "the waiting room" if it isn't to document status and vent a little bit to like-minded people who are also waiting- regardless if the waiting period is justified or not? Just as you have a right for your comment, so does everyone else. Not everyone can be such an arbiter of Patience such as yourself. Perhaps you should reflect on the irony of criticizing people's character that you do not know while having the audacity to self-proclaim such moral rectitude. Was any of that really necessary?

if you do not agree, or dislike reading comments in this section of the forum- you simply do not have to. It is that simple.
I agree that I may have come across crass, but I did not intend to criticize anyone's character. If anyone was offended, or felt I was painting with much too broad of a brush, I apologize. I merely stated facts. If you have ANY criminal record, the process will take much longer and you will need to exercise patience. Calling will do no good. They can drag the process out to 180 days and beyond, if they feel it's necessary. I understand that this is where "like minded" people come to share frustrations and vent, but I stand by my statements.

007Glock

Post by 007Glock »

Plastic in my mailbox and in hand today!!!

:txflag: :patriot:

I was very impressed with the fast turnaround from DPS for my LTC. I have a class B misdemeanor conviction on my record, so I thought it would be going all the way until the 60 day statute, and even into the 90, 120, or 180 day realm from all the different stories and experiences I have read on here. Instead, the time my application was submitted and processed to being mailed in my hand today is 42 days!!! That is an exceptional job! Here is my full timeline below:

LTC application submitted: 4/10/2017
Fingerprints taken and supporting documentation submitted: 4/11/2017
Email from RSD verifying they received all my supporting documentation: 4/12/2017
Status screen appears, everything is green except for fingerprints and background check which both say 'under review': 4/19/2017
Background check completed, license goes into print pending: 5/16/2017
License mailed: 5/19/2017
LTC license received and plastic in hand: 5/22/2017

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”