Winning the Civil War of Two Americas

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
bblhd672
Posts in topic: 2

Winning the Civil War of Two Americas

Post by bblhd672 »

The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

treadlightly

Re: Winning the Civil War of Two Americas

Post by treadlightly »

Fortunately this is a division of philosophy, not of hatred, the defense of America on this front best accomplished with illumination, not violence.

Excepting those times when anarchists and criminals want to devolve your neighborhood into a Fergusonian utopia. Times like that, one has to fill one's fist with more than good intentions.

Otherwise, though, I hope the war can be won by enlightenment and reason.

RossA
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Post by RossA »

treadlightly wrote:Fortunately this is a division of philosophy, not of hatred, the defense of America on this front best accomplished with illumination, not violence.

Excepting those times when anarchists and criminals want to devolve your neighborhood into a Fergusonian utopia. Times like that, one has to fill one's fist with more than good intentions.

Otherwise, though, I hope the war can be won by enlightenment and reason.
You are a greater optimist than I am.
God and the soldier we adore,
In times of danger, not before.
The danger gone, the trouble righted,
God's forgotten, the soldier slighted.

Abraham
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Abraham »

treadlightly,

"Otherwise, though, I hope the war can be won by enlightenment and reason."

You're either joking or being sarcastic...

Which one, please?

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

One of the many bogus slogans of the left is they want to save humanity...

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H.L. Mencken

...while I wait for tl's response...

treadlightly

Post by treadlightly »

Abraham wrote:treadlightly,

"Otherwise, though, I hope the war can be won by enlightenment and reason."

You're either joking or being sarcastic...

Which one, please?
Yeah, yeah, I know. Pretty slim odds it will happen.

We've got problems.

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

treadlightly,

I'm not even guardedly optimistic.

The leftist/commies are boiling out of the woodwork like evil little fire ants, but while they have hysterics on their side, we have hardware on ours...

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

Hopefully we have more than just fire power. We also have facts, reason, logic and common sense. There are some who claim we even have the numbers as in the silent majority.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

A very good blog post on the topic, actually written back in 2014: http://taxicabdepressions.com/?p=1193. Warning: it isn't FULL of profanity, but there are a few words sprinkled throughout what is a very long post. Excellent reading though, and I can't say that I disagree with the author too much.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

The Annoyed Man

Liberty wrote:Hopefully we have more than just fire power. We also have facts, reason, logic and common sense. There are some who claim we even have the numbers as in the silent majority.
We also have restraint.......which is why the other side is winning. In another blog post, this author wrote the following:
The War in the Vendée is interesting for a number of reasons, but one important lesson is the fervor of those protecting their way of life is no match for the zeal of the Utopian fanatic building his paradise. The romantic rustics of the countryside were beaten by the savvy fanatics of Paris. It was not just the numbers or the resources. The people of the Vendée were people defending the limits of human conduct, while the Committee For Public Safety was limited only by its imagination. They would do anything to reach the promised land.
That is the burden of our side........we are defending the limits of human conduct. The left is limited only by its imagination. In other words, I believe that we are stuck way up high on Bandini Mountain, without skis or rope.
Last edited by The Annoyed Man on Fri May 19, 2017 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

The Annoyed Man wrote:In other words, I believe that we are stuck way up high on Bandini Mountain, without skis or rope.
:iagree: although I had to look up "Bandini Mountain".
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

stroo

Post by stroo »

After Trump was elected, there were FB posts by what I thought were snowflakes, expressing concern the Trump's election would lead to violence. I didn't realize at that time that those were threats, not worries. But now we have organized gangs using bats, pepper spray and masks to attack conservatives. We are in a civil war and it is not just a war of philosophies.

The Annoyed Man

stroo wrote:After Trump was elected, there were FB posts by what I thought were snowflakes, expressing concern the Trump's election would lead to violence. I didn't realize at that time that those were threats, not worries. But now we have organized gangs using bats, pepper spray and masks to attack conservatives. We are in a civil war and it is not just a war of philosophies.
And the reason those mooks are still alive is because the rest of the country believes in personal restraint. When the rest of society gets pushed far enough, those bats and pepper spray aren't going to be much use against firearms. And the mooks aren't going to have the benefit of victim status when they get shot in self defense.

#TINVOWOOT

EastTexasRancher

Post by EastTexasRancher »

Tam, if this site had a "like" button, I'd "like" your response. I truly feel we are very close to the restraint busting plumb loose. And then.....it's going to be ugly. Very ugly.

Return to “Off-Topic”