15+ months so far

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
kevlar
Posts in topic: 1

15+ months so far

Post by kevlar »

Hello everyone,

There has been a bit of a delay in my application due to a Medical Advisory Board requirement. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions about how to expedite the process or if I just have to wait it out.

Timeline:

January 2016 - Took my LTC class.
February 2016 - Submitted my initial LTC application.
March 2016 - Submitted my fingerprints and all other requirements.
May 2016 - Submitted additional supplemental documents indicating a change of address between apartments.
September 2016 - Received a letter that stated my application needed to go to Medical Advisory Board and that I would need a sound judgement from a doctor.
January 2017 - Had the earliest possible doctor's appointment I could find with a doctor that was willing to do the evaluation. During the evaluation he found that I was capable of making sound judgement and filled out the paperwork and faxed the same day.
February 2017 - Application was terminated with DPS due to inactivity at the Medical Advisory Board. After many phone calls, the application was reinstated.
May 2017 - Still waiting on Medical Advisory Board. Called today and the application will be going to the board next Thursday (Well, I've been calling since January and it's been "next Thursday" every single week...)

The reason the application needs to go through Medical Advisory Board is because I have had 3 public intoxication charges from 10, 6 and 5 years ago that I listed on my application. Does anyone have any advice on how to proceed or do I simply continue the wait?

infoman

Re: 15+ months so far

Post by infoman »

You have to wait. You should call medical advisory board directly

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

In the meantime get a Arizona non-res and of course avoid additional PI's.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Welcome to the Forum. I have never seen anyone follow through with the Medical Board (I am sure there is I just don't know about them), but I am glad you did. It will be interesting to see how this turns out. I have heard of people having a hard time finding a doctor to do the paper work. I will pray this works out for you the right way. Thanks for posting and please keep us updated.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”