Online Veteran Exchange looking for beta testers

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

RogueUSMC
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Online Veteran Exchange looking for beta testers

Post by RogueUSMC »

Go get a replacement driver's license and take you 214 with you. 'Veteran' will be in you DL and that works for Lowe's and such...
A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights.
- Napoleon Bonaparte
PFC Paul E. Ison USMC 1916-2001

Vol Texan
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Vol Texan »

I received this email about an hour after sending in the info: Thank you for applying to participate in the Veterans online shopping benefit. Congratulations! You have been verified and can begin shopping on November 11, 2017. The exchanges will keep you updated with important developments.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

JakeTheSnake
Posts in topic: 3

Post by JakeTheSnake »

Received this email today.
IMG_0430.JPG

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

ARe there any bargains out there?
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Topic author
dale blanker
Banned
Posts in topic: 8

Post by dale blanker »

JakeTheSnake wrote:Received this email today.
Nice! And I'm jealous...

1) At VetVerify I got the error message that my record could not be found in DEERS database (discharge in 1961 might be the problem)
2) and so I submitted a formal "inquiry" to update DEERS.
3) A week later I received the email that I had been added to DEERS and should proceed with obtaining a "DS LOGIN" so I can access eBenefits website. I did that and even upgraded to a "premium" account (whatever than means).
4) At VetVerify I STILL get the error message about no record in DEERS.
5) I've re-opened the inquiry that supposedly got me into DEERS and requested further advice.

Is anyone else having this problem?
"Fellowship, Leadership, Scholarship, Service." Anyone?

txglock21
Posts in topic: 2

Post by txglock21 »

IMG_0430.JPG
So did I. I figured it would be a select few, but it seems almost everyone that signed up is getting selected to beta test. :smilelol5:
After looking through the website, I don't see much of a discount (except maybe sales tax?) I will probably just wait until November to shop on there if even then, but I do appreciate them making it available to ALL vets! :tiphat:
"Laugh about everything or cry about nothing."
NRA Life Member & TSRA Member/ Former USAF

Topic author
dale blanker
Banned
Posts in topic: 8

Post by dale blanker »

dale blanker wrote:
1) At VetVerify I got the error message that my record could not be found in DEERS database (discharge in 1961 might be the problem)
2) and so I submitted a formal "inquiry" to update DEERS.
3) A week later I received the email that I had been added to DEERS and should proceed with obtaining a "DS LOGIN" so I can access eBenefits website. I did that and even upgraded to a "premium" account (whatever than means).
4) At VetVerify I STILL get the error message about no record in DEERS.
5) I've re-opened the inquiry that supposedly got me into DEERS and requested further advice.

Is anyone else having this problem?
Update: I received a reply to #5 above: "If your request is related to the online shopping exchange, please revisit the VetVerify.org website after September 30, 2017 when your record will be made available to verify eligibility. If you need additional information or assistance please visit http://www.vetverify.org or call 1-844-868-8672 (toll-free)."

Apparently VetVerify does not get updates from DEERS until September when the Online Exchange for all vets goes into effect.
"Fellowship, Leadership, Scholarship, Service." Anyone?

romeofox

Post by romeofox »

Almost instant reply
Thank You!
You can begin shopping on November 11, 2017.
Thank you for applying to participate in the Veterans online shopping benefit. Congratulations! You have been verified and can begin shopping when this benefit launches on November 11, 2017. The exchanges will keep you updated with important developments.

Strangely enough/luckily I remembered that the Marine Corp "changed" my name
When I 6 month "delayed" enlistment in the Corp in '77 (still in HS) I signed all the paperwork Full First Name, Middle Initial & Full Last Name. (just like my SS Card)
Later when I reported to be sworn in I had never signed so much paper before in my life soooo, decided on the spot to change my signature and pretty much got to the end....when suddenly the S1 Corporal FREAKED!!! and started cussing me (outta the chair and round the table) like I'd never seen before because my signature was different. I ended up signing a bunch more paper to notify the Social Security office I changed my name from Christopher to Chris. They sent me a new SS card and everything. I've never thought much of it since

I wonder if I would have been approved if I used Christopher??

romeofox

Post by romeofox »

BTW Thanks for the heads up & Link

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Perhaps, because I'm a natural skeptic, something about this program gives me a weird vibe...hope my vibe is just me being pessimistic...

jmorris

Post by jmorris »

txglock21 wrote:
IMG_0430.JPG
So did I. I figured it would be a select few, but it seems almost everyone that signed up is getting selected to beta test. :smilelol5:
After looking through the website, I don't see much of a discount (except maybe sales tax?) I will probably just wait until November to shop on there if even then, but I do appreciate them making it available to ALL vets! :tiphat:
And I just got my beta notice today. Signed up same time as everyone else. Maye not enough participating or expanded the beta.
Jay E Morris,
Guardian Firearm Training, NRA Pistol, LTC < retired from all
NRA Lifetime, TSRA Lifetime
NRA Recruiter (link)

1911 10MM
Posts in topic: 3

Post by 1911 10MM »

Still none for me.

mrvmax

Post by mrvmax »

txglock21 wrote:
IMG_0430.JPG
Yep, it let me in to set up an account and buy but the prices are not impressive. Just checking random items thw prices are no better than Amazon.

Return to “Off-Topic”