Walked out of Academy Last Night

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
rtschl
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Walked out of Academy Last Night

Post by rtschl »

Not trying to start a boycott. As I said, I respect their right to have whatever policy they want. I was surprised because this is apparently new and I don't give out my personal identifying information when it is not really needed/required.

The worse part - the rain (which I'm very grateful for it and the cooler weather) postponed our team's range training session. :cryin

Thanks everyone.
Ron
NRA Member

Ruark
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Ruark »

You might try decaf.....
-Ruark

E.Marquez

Post by E.Marquez »

Liberty wrote:
rtschl wrote: That's why I leave this number:
(713) 541-5372

Planned Parenthood. I suppose one could use Mad Mommy's or a favorite Democratic Legislator.

When an address as requested I use
9800 Savage Rd., Suite 6272
Ft. George G. Meade, MD 20755-6000

If a phone number as requested I use
301-688-6524

Go ahead Google it see what it gets you
Companion animal Microchips, quality name brand chips, lifetime registration, Low cost just $10~12, not for profit, most locations we can come to you. We cover eight counties McLennan, Hill, Bell, Coryell, Falls, Bosque, Limestone, Lampasas
Contact we.chip.pets@gmail.com

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Liberty wrote:Only Brick and mortar store around that sells ammo cheap. I suppose there id Wallyworld but I can never find anyone with a key. Cabellas is expencive except for strange brands that I don't know. I will stick with Acadamy even though they can be a little quirky.
This is why I haven't bought ammo in a B&M store in over a year. Online is so much easier, and cheaper.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 7

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:
Liberty wrote:Only Brick and mortar store around that sells ammo cheap. I suppose there id Wallyworld but I can never find anyone with a key. Cabellas is expencive except for strange brands that I don't know. I will stick with Acadamy even though they can be a little quirky.
This is why I haven't bought ammo in a B&M store in over a year. Online is so much easier, and cheaper.
This ^^ .....with exceptions. I buy small quantities at brick and mortar stores, where I just need a couple of boxes - like when I was testing different .30-30 loads, or buying a couple of boxes of self defense pistol ammo. But if it is .45 ACP or 9mm ball, or .223/5.56, .308/.762, I buy in bulk from online distributors. Even with freight figured in, it is WAY cheaper than any of the big box stores, and certainly cheaper than the local gun stores.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

steveincowtown
Banned

Post by steveincowtown »

I am not above lying to any store clerk.

Phone Number-I always go up one digit on the last number for memberships. I feel sorry for the guy who has that phone number.

DOB- brothers month and day, my year.

Address- I add a one to my home address, which doesn't exists.

etc. etc.....
The Time is Now...
NRA Lifetime Member

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Soccerdad1995 wrote:
This ^^ .....with exceptions. I buy small quantities at brick and mortar stores, where I just need a couple of boxes - like when I was testing different .30-30 loads, or buying a couple of boxes of self defense pistol ammo. But if it is .45 ACP or 9mm ball, or .223/5.56, .308/.762, I buy in bulk from online distributors. Even with freight figured in, it is WAY cheaper than any of the big box stores, and certainly cheaper than the local gun stores.
:iagree:

I also find it mildly amusing that in Texas I can get ammunition delivered and dropped off to my front door when nobody is even home, but for alcohol I need to be there to sign for it.
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

TexasTornado

Post by TexasTornado »

I wonder what would happen if you gave them 7/4/1776. We could have some fun with this! Next box of ammo, Academy here I come!
"I can see it's dangerous for you, but if the government trusts me, maybe you could."

NRA Lifetime Member

OlBill

Post by OlBill »

E.Marquez wrote:
Liberty wrote:
(713) 541-5372

Planned Parenthood. I suppose one could use Mad Mommy's or a favorite Democratic Legislator.

301-688-6524

"rlol"

treadlightly

Post by treadlightly »

OlBill wrote:
E.Marquez wrote:
Liberty wrote:
(713) 541-5372

301-688-6524

"rlol"
IT'S NOT FUNNY!

I Googled it. Now my NAME is on a LIST!!!

Oh, wait, it probably already was.

On a non-conspiratorial note, the art of writing respectful letters is a good thing to pursue. I once heard a scandalous quote attributed to Robert Litt, then chief counsel to the Director of National Intelligence. Being a concerned fellow, I fired off a query about his reasoning and my citizen's perspective on why the question was pretty much settled in the armed discourse of the 1700's. No combination of three letters on an office door, even combinations that don't exist, should be frightening to a citizen.

I got a nice reply, agreeing with my concerns, and the full quote which was taken quite out of context. Litt also included the 20 page transcript of a speech he'd given on the idea.

Nice guy, and he had been unfairly and deliberately misinterpreted. I don't agree with everything national intelligence does, but it was calming to be able to have a respectful dialog with a highly placed individual.

And then he probably made sure my name was on that list. :biggrinjester:

TreyHouston
Posts in topic: 3

Post by TreyHouston »

"rlol" y'll are wacky! This forum always makes me lol
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

stever1950

Post by stever1950 »

Since my wife and I like to say we are 26 and holding(+40), I will work up a date and start using that...lol.
"Resistance to sudden violence, for the preservation not only of my person, my limbs, and life, but of my property, is an indisputable right of nature which I have never surrendered to the public by the compact of society, and which perhaps, I could not surrender if I would." John Adams

F350-6

Post by F350-6 »

Zip code I don't mind. That's generic and widespread enough . Phone number doesn't bother me either. I still have a landline that I never answer, but use the phone number for warranties at places and so they can figure out who I am and send me coupons in the mail.

Birthday has always been a no go for me. I just make up a date. When I started looking at internet forums I decided to use the same fake birthdate on all of them. A few years later I found my incorrect age on one of those web people search places, so innocent forms like this aren't always innocent with your data.

Then again, I always hated Radio Shack for their intrusive approach to my personal data, but I don't actually recall ever being bombarded by them with phone calls or junk mail.

puma guy
Posts in topic: 8

Post by puma guy »

Many of you are too young to know that the Gun Control Act of 1968 required ALL pistol ammunition purchasers provide an ID (DL) and recording the information in a log book. Pistol ammo included .22 rimfire. I got out of the retail sporting goods business in the early 70's, so I 'm not sure when the law changed. It was quite irksome when we ran .22 LR on sale for 33¢ a box; I had to have one clerk do nothing but record ammo sales. There was a two box limit, but guys would keep returning, so I'd let them buy a brick if they weren't jerks.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

WinoVeritas

Post by WinoVeritas »

Picked up four boxes ea. of .22WMR and .40S&W 180gr. JHP at Wally World. They asked for my birth date, gave it to them, inserted my CC in reader, signed and then went on about my shopping. End of story.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”