stiff belts

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

jkurtz
Posts in topic: 1

Re: stiff belts

Post by jkurtz »

For stiff gun belts I use either the Ares Gear Aegis Belt (http://www.aresgear.com/index.php?main_ ... 98e8af2729) or the RDR Buckle-less Belt (https://www.rdrholsters.com/store/custo ... -less-belt). Both belts provide infinite adjustment so there is no awkward sizing with being either too loose or too tight.

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

Is this a bad time to recommend simple diet :mrgreen: ?

Your belt is fixed then, along with your health. :thumbs2:

I got to be bit fat few years ago. Had similar situation and I just chiseled another notch into my belt, after that I decided to just diet. Got tired of being pudgy. :biggrinjester:

WTR
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by WTR »

parabelum wrote:Is this a bad time to recommend simple diet :mrgreen: ?

Your belt is fixed then, along with your health. :thumbs2:

I got to be bit fat few years ago. Had similar situation and I just chiseled another notch into my belt, after that I decided to just diet. Got tired of being pudgy. :biggrinjester:
:iagree: I have gone from the 1st notch on my Beltman to the 5th. Thanks to the Keto diet. One notch left.

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

The Wilderness Tactical type belts will not be as stiff as your Comptac, but they are plenty stiff when you wear them.

The MidwayUSA Instructor Belt is as good as the Wilderness or 5.11 belts for a lot less money.
The MidwayUSA Instructor's Belt is made with durable polyester webbing and reinforced with a 1mm thick polymer sheet. This combination ensures that the holster is rigid enough not to roll over or sag with even the heaviest holster and gun. The MidwayUSA Instructor's Belt works equally well with inside the waistband or belt holsters. It is rigid enough to support other accessories you carry on your belt, such as magazine carries or cell phone pouches. Also, this belt works well for security work where duty holsters and numerous other items may be attached to the belt. The V-Ring buckle is made of A6 steel and finished in a durable black electrophoresis coating to provide years of service while still looking good. The polyester webbing is smoother than traditional nylon so the belt will slide in and out of your belt loops with ease. A hook-&-Loop system keeps the tail of the belt close to the body to reduce snagging and eliminate any chance of the belt working itself loose. Standard pant belt loops allow the extra material to be run back under, after belt closure, and avoids covering exposed belt loops.
You can have it in any color you want, as long as it's black. ;-)
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

I vote for thebeltman.net I've had it for a year and could not be happier.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I like a stiff belt myself once in a while. I'm partial to single malt scotch.

Oooohhhhh...... you were talking about GUN belts! :mrgreen:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

mloamiller

Post by mloamiller »

I bought my belt at Wal-Mart a few years ago - combination Cordura (I think) and leather. I believe the inner core is a stiff leather wrapped in Cordura with a leather band visible on the outside. Not sure of the brand, but it was less than $20. It's been a great belt; stiff enough to hold my pistol and mag carrier without sagging, but still comfortable. It even came in a great collection of colors, as long as you wanted either black or brown.
LTC/SSC Instructor
NRA Pistol Instructor, RSO

aaangel

Post by aaangel »

check this one out! no more holes for me!
'got to Texas ASAIC.

maverick2076

Post by maverick2076 »

You can get the wilderness Tactical belt with an insert as well. Personally, I've found the 5 stitch to be sufficient, even when carrying a steel frame 1911 and 2 spare mags.

lh1

Post by lh1 »

I have a gun belt from Tucker and Bird. They are in Porter but I saw them at a gun show. It's thick leather and pretty stiff.
http://www.tuckerandbyrd.com/

RogueUSMC

Post by RogueUSMC »

I saw the thread title and thought, "Johnny Walker and coke...hold the coke..."...lol
A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights.
- Napoleon Bonaparte
PFC Paul E. Ison USMC 1916-2001

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

glock27 wrote:is there just such a belt out there that is reinforced with the infinite adjustment factor?
Yes. The belt I posted above is one.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”