Texan now has IL CCL

Discussion of other state's CHL's & reciprocity

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
oohrah
Posts in topic: 4

Texan now has IL CCL

Post by oohrah »

Just got my Illinois Concealed Carry License in the mail today. Now I can carry in every state I normally visit. According to Il State Police data, I think I am only the 10th Texas LTC to get an IL license.

I'm going to do a Wally Walk in Cook County, just because I can.

If anyone is interested in the process, I'd be happy to walk you through it.
USMC, Retired
Treating one variety of person as better or worse than others by accident of birth is morally indefensible.

Keith B
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Texan now has IL CCL

Post by Keith B »

oohrah wrote:Just got my Illinois Concealed Carry License in the mail today. Now I can carry in every state I normally visit. According to Il State Police data, I think I am only the 10th Texas LTC to get an IL license.

I'm going to do a Wally Walk in Cook County, just because I can.

If anyone is interested in the process, I'd be happy to walk you through it.
Please let me know. I assume you have to get trained in IL?
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

oohrah wrote:If anyone is interested in the process, I'd be happy to walk you through it.
Thanks, but no thanks! There's something in the water up there that makes them stupid on Election Day. Plus, the cooties...... I. just. can't.......

"rlol"
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
oohrah

Post by oohrah »

Keith, actually no. You must take the IL class from a certified IL instructor, but it doesn't have to be in IL. I took my class in. Plano. The wrinkle is that you cannot submit prints, unless you are actually in IL, so if you don't it takes up to 120 days, versus 90. If you're interested , I'll PM you the email of my instructor. You can also just look them up on the ISP web site.
USMC, Retired
Treating one variety of person as better or worse than others by accident of birth is morally indefensible.

Topic author
oohrah

Post by oohrah »

TAM, I hear you, but I have family there. It's my way of pushing back against the water. :)
USMC, Retired

roadkill

Post by roadkill »

What does it cost and how long was the class?

cmgee67

Post by cmgee67 »

Cost?

Topic author
oohrah

Post by oohrah »

Yeah, it's not cheap. $300 for a non-resident vs. $150 for IL resident. Plus whatever the class costs, which can vary from $100-150 depending on how many hours you need. You can read my response to TAM above.

The basic class requirement is 16 hours. If you have a DD214, or other recognized credit, 8 hours are waived. The range test is 30 rounds, and easier than TX. You must be a TX resident, and have a TX LTC to apply. Only three other states are currently recognized by IL.
USMC, Retired

Return to “Other States”