canvasbck
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Walked out of Academy Last Night

Post by canvasbck »

E.Marquez wrote:
Liberty wrote:
rtschl wrote: That's why I leave this number:
(713) 541-5372

Planned Parenthood. I suppose one could use Mad Mommy's or a favorite Democratic Legislator.

When an address as requested I use
9800 Savage Rd., Suite 6272
Ft. George G. Meade, MD 20755-6000

If a phone number as requested I use
301-688-6524

Go ahead Google it see what it gets you
Using this phone number makes me feel good too

404-580-3500
"All bleeding eventually stops.......quit whining!"

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 7

Post by The Annoyed Man »

puma guy wrote:Many of you are too young to know that the Gun Control Act of 1968 required ALL pistol ammunition purchasers provide an ID (DL) and recording the information in a log book. Pistol ammo included .22 rimfire. I got out of the retail sporting goods business in the early 70's, so I 'm not sure when the law changed. It was quite irksome when we ran .22 LR on sale for 33¢ a box; I had to have one clerk do nothing but record ammo sales. There was a two box limit, but guys would keep returning, so I'd let them buy a brick if they weren't jerks.
I'm not too young to remember that......but I wasn't involved in the gun world back then, so I had no idea. This is the first I've ever heard of it! :shock:

So I googled for the original text (the law was modified in 1993): https://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/STATUTE-8 ... 1213-2.pdf. I am certainly no lawyer, and I didn't read every line of the godforsaken thing, but I did find this:
§ 922 Unlawful Acts

(a) It shall be unlawful -
  • *'(6) for any person in connection with the acquisition or attempted acquisition of any firearm or ammunition from a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector, knowingly to make any false or fictitious oral or written statement or to furnish or exhibit any false, fictitious, or misrepresented identification, intended or likely to deceive such importer, manufacturer, dealer, or collector with respect to any fact material to the lawfulness of the sale or other disposition of such firearm or ammunition under the provisions of this chapter.
What I haven't seen is where the dealer was required to log the sale of ammunition.....but like I said, I didn't read the whole thing. I was breaking out in hives......
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

puma guy
Posts in topic: 8

Post by puma guy »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
puma guy wrote:Many of you are too young to know that the Gun Control Act of 1968 required ALL pistol ammunition purchasers provide an ID (DL) and recording the information in a log book. Pistol ammo included .22 rimfire. I got out of the retail sporting goods business in the early 70's, so I 'm not sure when the law changed. It was quite irksome when we ran .22 LR on sale for 33¢ a box; I had to have one clerk do nothing but record ammo sales. There was a two box limit, but guys would keep returning, so I'd let them buy a brick if they weren't jerks.
I'm not too young to remember that......but I wasn't involved in the gun world back then, so I had no idea. This is the first I've ever heard of it! :shock:

So I googled for the original text (the law was modified in 1993): https://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/STATUTE-8 ... 1213-2.pdf. I am certainly no lawyer, and I didn't read every line of the godforsaken thing, but I did find this:
§ 922 Unlawful Acts

• *'(6) for any person in connection with the acquisition or attempted acquisition of any firearm or ammunition from a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector, knowingly to make any false or fictitious oral or written statement or to furnish or exhibit any false, fictitious, or misrepresented identification, intended or likely to deceive such importer, manufacturer, dealer, or collector with respect to any fact material to the lawfulness of the sale or other disposition of such firearm or ammunition under the provisions of this chapter.
What I haven't seen is where the dealer was required to log the sale of ammunition.....but like I said, I didn't read the whole thing. I was breaking out in hives......
You know, we just accepted that from the company's directive (SOP). The law itself was a magazine bound volume about an 1½' thick, on very thin paper I might add, I did read much of the bill. I don't remember now if keeping logs was officially stated or not. I definitely know we had to do it and I always presented the log to any ATF agents when they came to audit us, along with our 4473 forms and firearms receipt and inventory records. The ammo log book may have been our way based on counsel's opinion to assure we were in compliance with the age requirements for ammunition sales. from Wiki " Under the Gun Control Act, a federally licensed importer, manufacturer, dealer or collector shall not sell or deliver any rifle or shotgun or ammunition for rifle or shotgun to any individual less than 18 years of age, nor any handgun or ammunition for a handgun to any individual less than 21 years of age. " I concentrated on the requirements for firearm sales and record keeping to stay in compliance with the laws and to prove to the many naysayers who would balk or refuse to believe they had to provide ID, fill out and sign a form to buy a firearm. I could turn to the sections to prove it to the customers who politely questioned or were just unfamiliar with the new laws, but for the real jerks I'd just toss the big book on the counter and tell them "it's all in there, bud"! :rules: :evil2:
I also remember the part about caliber limitations and the language regarding .50 caliber and larger ammo. I think every one of those rounds had to be accounted for in some manner, but I don't recall the details.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

C-dub
Posts in topic: 2

Post by C-dub »

I have not read this entire thread yet because I'm about to clock in at work.

I don't think I've been asked for my zip code yet. I think I'll loo up one in Los Angeles and start giving that to see if anyone starts freaking out over all my ammo purchases since they recently enacted that ridiculous law.

As for a phone number I think I'll start giving them 876-5309.

Now for a DOB, maybe I'll look up Feinstien's or Pelosi's to given out.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

C-dub wrote:I have not read this entire thread yet because I'm about to clock in at work.

I don't think I've been asked for my zip code yet. I think I'll loo up one in Los Angeles and start giving that to see if anyone starts freaking out over all my ammo purchases since they recently enacted that ridiculous law.

Better yet, give them a ZIP code and phone number from Nome, Alaska.

I wonder what they do with customers who are visiting the U.S. from other countries where there are no Zone Improvement Plan (aka ZIP) codes.

The Annoyed Man

C-dub wrote:I have not read this entire thread yet because I'm about to clock in at work.

You transposed the 7 and 6. The song lyric says "8 - 6 - 7 - 5 - 3 - 0 - nyee-i-ine"

"rlol"
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

#TINVOWOOT

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

The Annoyed Man wrote:

You transposed the 7 and 6. The song lyric says "8 - 6 - 7 - 5 - 3 - 0 - nyee-i-ine"

"rlol"
:lol: There's another round of lyrics I've gotten wrong. Not the first time.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

apostate

Post by apostate »

The Annoyed Man wrote: You transposed the 7 and 6. The song lyric says "8 - 6 - 7 - 5 - 3 - 0 - nyee-i-ine"
You reckon Pennsylvania 6-5000 would just confuse them?

Maybe I'll try 281-330-8004 instead. :mrgreen:

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

Picked up a couple of boxes of ammo at Academy in Burleson, Saturday morning. When asked for a date of birth, with this thread very much on my mind, I said "7/4/76" They didn't ask which century. :patriot: :mrgreen:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

apostate wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote: You transposed the 7 and 6. The song lyric says "8 - 6 - 7 - 5 - 3 - 0 - nyee-i-ine"
You reckon Pennsylvania 6-5000 would just confuse them?

Maybe I'll try 281-330-8004 instead. :mrgreen:
"rlol" Maybe we should return to using the alpha numeric designations. Mine would be Greenwood x-xxxx.

The Annoyed Man

Jusme wrote:Picked up a couple of boxes of ammo at Academy in Burleson, Saturday morning. When asked for a date of birth, with this thread very much on my mind, I said "7/4/76" They didn't ask which century. :patriot: :mrgreen:
Perfect!

#TINVOWOOT

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

Jusme wrote:Picked up a couple of boxes of ammo at Academy in Burleson, Saturday morning. When asked for a date of birth, with this thread very much on my mind, I said "7/4/76" They didn't ask which century. :patriot: :mrgreen:
I think I'm going to start using that one from now on.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

TreyHouston
Posts in topic: 3

Post by TreyHouston »

Flightmare wrote:
I think I'm going to start using that one from now on.

I really like that too!

(I still can't believe this thread is still alive!) :biggrinjester:
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

Chaparral

Post by Chaparral »

A clerk at Dick's Sporting Goods insisted on getting my birthdate before selling me a Swiss Army knife today. I'll turn 60 in a few months - maybe the think I'm too old to handle a pocket knife?

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

puma guy wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:

§ 922 Unlawful Acts

You know, we just accepted that from the company's directive (SOP). The law itself was a magazine bound volume about an 1½' thick, on very thin paper I might add, I did read much of the bill. I don't remember now if keeping logs was officially stated or not. I definitely know we had to do it and I always presented the log to any ATF agents when they came to audit us, along with our 4473 forms and firearms receipt and inventory records. The ammo log book may have been our way based on counsel's opinion to assure we were in compliance with the age requirements for ammunition sales. from Wiki " Under the Gun Control Act, a federally licensed importer, manufacturer, dealer or collector shall not sell or deliver any rifle or shotgun or ammunition for rifle or shotgun to any individual less than 18 years of age, nor any handgun or ammunition for a handgun to any individual less than 21 years of age. " I concentrated on the requirements for firearm sales and record keeping to stay in compliance with the laws and to prove to the many naysayers who would balk or refuse to believe they had to provide ID, fill out and sign a form to buy a firearm. I could turn to the sections to prove it to the customers who politely questioned or were just unfamiliar with the new laws, but for the real jerks I'd just toss the big book on the counter and tell them "it's all in there, bud"! :rules: :evil2:
I also remember the part about caliber limitations and the language regarding .50 caliber and larger ammo. I think every one of those rounds had to be accounted for in some manner, but I don't recall the details.

Regarding recording ammo sales as a result of the Gun Control Act of (GCA) 1968. I ran across this when on wikipedia when I was checking the Firearms Protection Act (FOPA) of 1986. My memory is not as bad as I thought.

The Firearm Owners Protection Act of 1986 (FOPA) addressed the abuses noted in the 1982 Senate Judiciary Subcommittee report. Among the reforms intended to loosen restrictions on gun sales were the reopening of interstate sales of long guns on a limited basis, legalization of ammunition shipments through the U.S. Postal Service (a partial repeal of the Gun Control Act), removal of the requirement for record keeping on sales of non-armor-piercing ammunition, and federal protection of transportation of firearms through states where possession of those firearms would otherwise be illegal.[2] However, the Act also contained a provision that banned the sale of machine guns manufactured after the date of enactment to civilians, restricting sales of these weapons to the military and law enforcement. Thus, in the ensuing years, the limited supply of these arms available to civilians has caused an enormous increase in their price, with most costing in excess of $10,000. Regarding these fully automatic firearms owned by private citizens in the U.S., political scientist Earl Kruschke said "approximately 175,000 automatic firearms have been licensed by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms (the federal agency responsible for administration of the law) and evidence suggests that none of these weapons has ever been used to commit a violent crime."[3]:85

The gun rights movement lobbied Congress to pass the FOPA to prevent the abuse of regulatory power — in particular, to address claims that the ATF was repeatedly inspecting FFL holders for the apparent purpose of harassment intended to drive the FFL holders out of business (as the FFL holders would constantly be having to tend to ATF inspections instead of to customers).

The Act mandated that ATF compliance inspections can be done only once per year. An exception to the "once per year" rule exists if multiple record-keeping violations are recorded in an inspection, in which case the ATF may do a follow-up inspection. The main reason for a follow-up inspection would be if guns could not be accounted for.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firearm_O ... ection_Act

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”