Today in Trump's 1st term as President

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 106

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

Post by Pawpaw »

Jusme wrote:
philip964 wrote:‘Unelected, unqualified’: The Internet’s reaction to Ivanka Trump taking her dad’s seat at G-20 - The Washington Post - http://www.washingtonpost.com
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the ... 70f6c085ae

But if it was Chelsea Clinton it would have been celebrated.

I don't recall any outrage when Bill sat in on high level meetings instead of his wife, who was really in charge. :biggrinjester:
Since I retired from the Air Force in 1994, I've been telling people it was because I couldn't stand our president or her husband. Most people get it.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

dale blanker
Banned
Posts in topic: 156

Post by dale blanker »

Drip, drip, drip... The loser Dems and fake MSM just won't quit with the distractions:
http://www.breitbart.com/video/2017/07/ ... al-intent/

And then there's the nasty CNN / Kellyanne exchange: http://www.breitbart.com/video/2017/07/ ... barrassed/
"Fellowship, Leadership, Scholarship, Service." Anyone?

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 1534

Post by philip964 »

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/russi ... ve-n781631

Trump is back from what appeared to be a great trip to Europe (depends on whose news you listened to) and immediately the Russian thing pops up again this time with Donald Trump Jr. Near as I can tell Donald Trump Jr. met with a Russian lawyer who said she had some bad stuff on Hillary. Apparently there is an email from Donald Trump Jr. about the meeting. Donald Trump Jr. has hired a defense attorney.

Not sure if anything that has been mentioned is illegal, but of course it does not look good now that a Trump was looking for bad stuff on Hillary from the potential Russian government. It might show the Russians wanted Trump to win.

Some have thought the whole thing was a dirty trick played by the Dems to trap Donald Trump Jr.

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

WTR
Banned
Posts in topic: 10

Post by WTR »

I would expect nothing less from the criminal. I was hoping for better from Trump. He needs to give his kids and SIL a quick exit from DC.

G26ster
Posts in topic: 42

Post by G26ster »

On several occasions recently I've put RUSSIAN dressing on my salad, and had a deli sandwich with the same and I never reported it to anyone! All of my grandparents are from RUSSIA, and I spoke to them on many occasions! Also not reported. One time, while flying in Alaska, I flew to Little Diomede Island in the Bering Strait only 2miles from RUSSIA! No flight plan except for company flight following! We also had RUSSIAN pilots who flew with us as an exchange! They gave me a RUSSIAN slide rule (flight computer) and a small RUSSIAN red star pin when they left as gifts and I never reported them! I have purchased 2 RUSSIAN pistols and one RUSSIAN rifle, using my CHL, so no 4473, so nobody knew! Is this considered collusion with the RUSSIANS? I'm scared!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

(sarcasm off)

dale blanker
Banned

Post by dale blanker »

G26ster wrote:On several occasions recently I've put RUSSIAN dressing on my salad, and had a deli sandwich with the same and I never reported it to anyone! All of my grandparents are from RUSSIA, and I spoke to them on many occasions! Also not reported. One time, while flying in Alaska, I flew to Little Diomede Island in the Bering Strait only 2miles from RUSSIA! No flight plan except for company flight following! We also had RUSSIAN pilots who flew with us as an exchange! They gave me a RUSSIAN slide rule (flight computer) and a small RUSSIAN red star pin when they left as gifts and I never reported them! I have purchased 2 RUSSIAN pistols and one RUSSIAN rifle, using my CHL, so no 4473, so nobody knew! Is this considered collusion with the RUSSIANS? I'm scared!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

(sarcasm off)
:nono: Lock him up!

(kidding)

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 1534

Post by philip964 »

dale blanker wrote:
G26ster wrote:On several occasions recently I've put RUSSIAN dressing on my salad, and had a deli sandwich with the same and I never reported it to anyone! All of my grandparents are from RUSSIA, and I spoke to them on many occasions! Also not reported. One time, while flying in Alaska, I flew to Little Diomede Island in the Bering Strait only 2miles from RUSSIA! No flight plan except for company flight following! We also had RUSSIAN pilots who flew with us as an exchange! They gave me a RUSSIAN slide rule (flight computer) and a small RUSSIAN red star pin when they left as gifts and I never reported them! I have purchased 2 RUSSIAN pistols and one RUSSIAN rifle, using my CHL, so no 4473, so nobody knew! Is this considered collusion with the RUSSIANS? I'm scared!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

(sarcasm off)
:nono: Lock him up!

(kidding)
I visited the actual country of Russia 3 months before the election, and I liked the place.....I even bought a wooden Putin doll.

oljames3
Posts in topic: 20

Post by oljames3 »

Back in the 70s and 80s I was part of a United States federal exchange program, in the Federal Republic of Germany, through which we offered the Russians the opportunity to exchange certain US products for theirs. We also offered to demonstrate the use of classified nuclear devices for which we offered express shipping at no charge. Despite our expressions of willingness to deliver large quantities in a timely manner free of charge, no one ever showed up to accept our offers. Does that make me a bad person?

We would regularly display samples of our wares in well established open-air markets. Transporting our wares from our distribution facilities to these open-air markets brought them closer to the Russians and we fully expected that we would have interested customers. None ever showed up. Maybe our cover charge was too high or they did not like our pay-to-play arrangements.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 89

Post by Flightmare »

oljames3 wrote:Back in the 70s and 80s I was part of a United States federal exchange program, in the Federal Republic of Germany, through which we offered the Russians the opportunity to exchange certain US products for theirs. We also offered to demonstrate the use of classified nuclear devices for which we offered express shipping at no charge. Despite our expressions of willingness to deliver large quantities in a timely manner free of charge, no one ever showed up to accept our offers. Does that make me a bad person?

We would regularly display samples of our wares in well established open-air markets. Transporting our wares from our distribution facilities to these open-air markets brought them closer to the Russians and we fully expected that we would have interested customers. None ever showed up. Maybe our cover charge was too high or they did not like our pay-to-play arrangements.
"rlol"
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

TexasJohnBoy
Banned
Posts in topic: 53

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

Obamacare repeal (in any form) is dead
http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/34 ... hcare-bill

It's going to be an interesting mid-term election.
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

dale blanker
Banned

Post by dale blanker »

TexasJohnBoy wrote:Obamacare repeal (in any form) is dead

Well, one would think there would be consequences for broken promises and/or poor performance but nothing seems to matter anymore.

jason812
Posts in topic: 37

Post by jason812 »

TexasJohnBoy wrote:Obamacare repeal (in any form) is dead

Hopefully it's taken care of in the primaries.

How many repeal votes did the Republicans have knowing the previous president would not sign or veto the bill? Now that there is a president that will sign a repeal, they are afraid of being labelled as cold hearted or they really do not want it repealed. I'm thinking the latter.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

TexasJohnBoy
Banned
Posts in topic: 53

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

Return to “Off-Topic”