Ankle injury

Whether the need is great or small, there is power in prayer, especially when God's people raise their voices together.

Moderator: carlson1

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Ankle injury

Post by Excaliber »

I learned the hard way that there's nothing easy about an ankle tendon injury.

Continued prayers coming your way.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

mojo84
Posts in topic: 4

Post by mojo84 »

Glad you've been able to avoid surgery do far. Will pray your able heals on its own.

Broke my able and tore the ligament that hold the fibula and tibia in place. Did it on May 13 and here are my x-rays that were taken yesterday. Be as compliant as you can so you don't have to join the hardware club.

Due to the remaining gap in the fibula, it will be at least another 2 weeks before I can start putting any weight on it.

Hang in there and best wishes for a full and complete recovery.
Attachments
0710171226-1.jpg
0710171245b-1.jpg
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Topic author
The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 8

Post by The Annoyed Man »

mojo84 wrote:Glad you've been able to avoid surgery do far. Will pray your able heals on its own.

Broke my able and tore the ligament that hold the fibula and tibia in place. Did it on May 13 and here are my x-rays that were taken yesterday. Be as compliant as you can so you don't have to join the hardware club.

Due to the remaining gap in the fibula, it will be at least another 2 weeks before I can start putting any weight on it.

Holy cow! Did they actually fuse the ankle? :shock:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
mojo84 wrote:Glad you've been able to avoid surgery do far. Will pray your able heals on its own.

Holy cow! Did they actually fuse the ankle? :shock:
Thankfully, no. Just lots of screws, a plate and some heavy duty thread to secure the two bones in place until the ligaments heal. If you zoom in and look close at the bottom of my tibia and fibula, you will see two light grey horizontal lines. Those are the tunnels drilled and ran the sutures through to tie the two bones together. This technique is supposed to allow for more natural range of motion down the road.

I shared the xrays just to encourage you to be compliant with the doc's instructions. If you do, your chances of avoiding surgery will increase. I had no choice about surgery. Hopefully you will be able to avoid the surgery.

Physically, his has been one of, if not the most painful things I've had to deal with. It has been a cakewalk emotionally and mentally either.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Topic author
The Annoyed Man

Not my feet in this image, but this is what has happened to me, and on the same side too:

To the extent that I could understand my doctor's description, the surgery results would look something like this:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

#TINVOWOOT

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Wow, very sorry about that. Looks mighty painful. Will pray hard that surgery won't be necessary.

chuck j
Posts in topic: 1

Post by chuck j »

As usual I am late in responding . Praying for pain relief and that our Lord will guide your treatment to a full recovery .
chuck j

SA-TX

Post by SA-TX »

My prayers have been sent for you and your family.

SA-TX

Crossfire

Post by Crossfire »

Well, that just looks excessively unpleasant!
Texas LTC Instructor, FFL, IdentoGO Fingerprinting Partner
http://www.Crossfire-Training.com

Topic author
The Annoyed Man

Re: Ankle injury UPDATE

UPDATE: 1 day shy of 7 weeks, and I am out of the boot!! Praise Jesus!

I had a follow up appointment with my doctor today. My orthotics came in. Although it is hard for me to tell any big difference, my doctor is pleased with my progress. She told me that if my foot gets too sore, I can put the boot back on for a while to calm it down, but she wants me to try and concentrate on getting used to the orthotics and wearing them in both shoes from now on. She says I have probably dodged surgery, but now I have a period of PT to get my strength back, and to learn how to walk normally all over again. I've had the boot on for so long now that (A) my back is way past screwed up at the SI joint; (B) the muscles of both legs, but particularly my left leg, have atrophied somewhat so that my legs are weak....particularly my left leg; and (C) like I mentioned above, I have to relearn the mechanics of walking. For instance, I have to make myself bend my knees when I take a stride because I was so used to a stiff-kneed gate that bending no longer comes naturally. My ankles are both stiffer. I've lost a LOT of range of motion in the left ankle and I have to work to get that back. I've been so used to everything in my body being kind of out of alignment for weeks now, that now it all hurts because it is trying to realign itself properly.

I see some visits to the chiropopper and massage therapist in my near future.

But all of that said, now I feel for the first time like I have made some progress, and I feel like I can help myself actually make a difference in how fast I continue to heal, and THAT is a great feeling. My doctor wants me to continue PT for a while longer. She said that I can start walking again for exercise, but to only start with short distances at first, like not more than a mile. She also said that I can ride a bike now if I want, which is great news.

So, finally some progress. I still have a ways to go, but I don't feel trapped anymore. Thank you all for your prayers.

#TINVOWOOT

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

:anamatedbanana Great News TAM! Keep up the good work. Prayers for continued healing.
NRA Endowment Member

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

Great News TAM!! PT is a wonderful thing, but you have to be dedicated to it!! Follow instructions, let them know about any pains, or stiffness, and they will customize exercises specifically for you. Don't try to do too much too soon. Continued Prayers.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 3

Post by bblhd672 »

Good news! :woohoo
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

rtschl
Posts in topic: 2

Post by rtschl »

Wonderful news!
Ron
NRA Member

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

That is great! We will keep you in our prayers.

Return to “Prayer Requests & Updates”