BREAKING: P320 Recall Issued By Dallas Police | Prohibited From Duty Till Repaired

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

artx
Posts in topic: 2

Re: BREAKING: P320 Recall Issued By Dallas Police | Prohibited From Duty Till Repaired

Post by artx »

Looks like DPD is right on this one, even if they lucked into it. Once it got the ball rolling, lots of folks are able to get the p320 to pop a primed case at a height of as low as 30"!

I love my p320, but I'll not use it until a fix is developed. I can't say for sure I'll never drop it.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2017/0 ... drop-safe/

See post #344 here also:

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php ... ues/page35

Liberty
Posts in topic: 1

Re: BREAKING: P320 Recall Issued By Dallas Police | Prohibited From Duty Till Repaired

Post by Liberty »

This problem wouldn't be likely to happen with the manual safety model 320.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

TexasJohnBoy
Banned
Posts in topic: 4

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

artx wrote:Looks like DPD is right on this one, even if they lucked into it. Once it got the ball rolling, lots of folks are able to get the p320 to pop a primed case at a height of as low as 30"!

I love my p320, but I'll not use it until a fix is developed. I can't say for sure I'll never drop it.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2017/0 ... drop-safe/

See post #344 here also:

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php ... ues/page35
Now that would be funny if there is a defect and it really wasn't uncovered in the testing that the Army put on for the modular sidearm platform. I figured they would have found this type of issue.....
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

TexasJohnBoy
Banned
Posts in topic: 4

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

...And the plot thickens...
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

Topic author
bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

AndyC wrote:SIG Sauer Offers Voluntary Trigger Upgrade for P320 Pistols: http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2017/0 ... 0-pistols/
Direct link to Sig Press Release:
https://www.sigsauer.com/press-releases ... 20-pistol/
Recent events indicate that dropping the P320 beyond U.S. standards for safety may cause an unintentional discharge.

As a result of input from law enforcement, government and military customers, SIG has developed a number of enhancements in function, reliability, and overall safety including drop performance. SIG SAUER is offering these enhancements to its customers. Details of this program will be available at sigsauer.com on Monday, August 14, 2017.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

artx

Post by artx »

Liberty wrote:This problem wouldn't be likely to happen with the manual safety model 320.
I have the manual safety model. I thought that at too at first... then I thought about when I might drop it. Around the house, or holstering? Safety will help. .... when firing or at a match? Both times when the safety would be off...

Scott B.
Posts in topic: 12

Re: P320 Voluntary Upgrade

Post by Scott B. »

This is the most detail I've seen to date:

http://soldiersystems.net/2017/08/08/si ... 0-upgrade/

The new LE 320s I've seen from March 2017 on have all had the new skeletonized striker. There have been incremental upgrades along the way. We'll know within a week what the full details are.
LTC / SSC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, CRSO, Life Member.
Sig pistol/rifle & Glock armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

I wish that Sig would have just stuck with the classics P series.

LTUME1978

Post by LTUME1978 »

I hope this does not turn into an event similar to the XDs. I bought two of those just prior to their trigger problem. They have both been back to the factory twice and are about to go back again (they did not get the rear sights in the correct location and they are so tight I can't move them). They seem to be reliable pistols and group well for their size but the triggers are terrible now. If I have waited and seen what a post upgrade trigger was like, I would have never bought them. Wish I could sell them without taking a bath on them.

Might be worth waiting to see what happens with the Sig before buying one.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 3

Post by The Annoyed Man »

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017 ... -failures/
In the wake of the news that the P320 has failed when drop tested by independent sources, Sig Sauer has offered to upgrade P320 pistol in the wake of the failures. Note that Sig Sauer is not issuing a recall of any kind, just that they are offering a program to upgrade the existing pistols with parts that Sig may have already developed.

Just 4 days ago, Sig reassured us that the P320 was safe and did not indicate that they were aware of a problem. They even stated, “All SIG SAUER pistols incorporate effective mechanical safeties to ensure they only fire when the trigger is pressed.” in the press release 4 days ago, recent independent testing indicates that this may not be the case after all. While I am not saying that Sig concealed anything from us, I do find it interesting that Sig seems to indicate in the most recent press release that the parts needed to upgrade the P320 have already been developed.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

Andy. I just get the word image.

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

Heres's what he tried to post;

Deplorable lunatic since 2016

WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

Thanks

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”