Road rager pointed gun at woman

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

RPBrown
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Road rager pointed gun at woman

Post by RPBrown »

First, let me say I am not saying what either party did was right or wrong. I wasn't there so I don't know and I do not condone what he did based on what little I do know about the incident.

Now, some of us have seen the incident where the man in the car ran a biker off of the road on purpose. I am sure all of us have had some idiot come close to running you off of the road whether on purpose or not. We have also seen that LEO's have shot at people for trying to run them over. Folks, these are 3000 pound weapons if they wanted to be. There are some that feel that if someone tries to run you over, intentionally or not, that they have the right to shoot. This is training I personally was not taught in my class way back when. When talking to my wife about it, it was not discussed in her class either and that was only 5 years ago. Perhaps it should be included in some shoot/don't shoot scenarios.

Personally, if someone is trying to run me over, my first instinct would be get out of the way and to a safer position. Then, and only if they turned around and came back to finish the job, would I pull my weapon and that would be after calling 911.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 8

Post by bblhd672 »

RPBrown wrote:First, let me say I am not saying what either party did was right or wrong. I wasn't there so I don't know and I do not condone what he did based on what little I do know about the incident.

Now, some of us have seen the incident where the man in the car ran a biker off of the road on purpose. I am sure all of us have had some idiot come close to running you off of the road whether on purpose or not. We have also seen that LEO's have shot at people for trying to run them over. Folks, these are 3000 pound weapons if they wanted to be. There are some that feel that if someone tries to run you over, intentionally or not, that they have the right to shoot. This is training I personally was not taught in my class way back when. When talking to my wife about it, it was not discussed in her class either and that was only 5 years ago. Perhaps it should be included in some shoot/don't shoot scenarios.

Personally, if someone is trying to run me over, my first instinct would be get out of the way and to a safer position. Then, and only if they turned around and came back to finish the job, would I pull my weapon and that would be after calling 911.
:iagree: In the incident last month in Arlington (still no one arrested) the truck the man killed was driving left the interstate, crossed a service road and hit a brick business sign. Others not involved could have been killed or injured.

I maintain there is a lot more to this story than has been reported, the woman driver probably contributed her part to the "rage" of the other party.
There is no doubt that the man pointing a gun at someone from his car was stupid, reckless and most likely will result in being charged with a crime. He's fortunate that the object of his anger was a woman on her way to work and not a carload of gang bangers looking for someone to demonstrate their manhood on.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

stroo
Posts in topic: 4

Post by stroo »

Whatever the woman driver was doing, this guy had all sorts options to deal with her driving besides pulling his gun and pointing it at her while both were moving at speed. I just can't see self defense here.

warnmar10

Post by warnmar10 »

stroo wrote:..., this guy had all sorts options to deal with her driving besides pulling his gun and pointing it at her while both were moving at speed. ...
Like step on the brake and let her go, speed up and pull away from that crazy woman or pull over/take an exit. To me, self defense means I didn't see another viable way out. Our brandish-er in this example seems to be standing his ground not defending himself.

SewTexas
Posts in topic: 5

Post by SewTexas »

bblhd672 wrote:
RPBrown wrote:First, let me say I am not saying what either party did was right or wrong. I wasn't there so I don't know and I do not condone what he did based on what little I do know about the incident.

:iagree: In the incident last month in Arlington (still no one arrested) the truck the man killed was driving left the interstate, crossed a service road and hit a brick business sign. Others not involved could have been killed or injured.

I maintain there is a lot more to this story than has been reported, the woman driver probably contributed her part to the "rage" of the other party.
There is no doubt that the man pointing a gun at someone from his car was stupid, reckless and most likely will result in being charged with a crime. He's fortunate that the object of his anger was a woman on her way to work and not a carload of gang bangers looking for someone to demonstrate their manhood on.

yep, you drive on most any highway in Texas you're going to either make someone else mad or be "made mad". There are just that many people on the roads.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Oldgringo wrote:
C-dub wrote:Bad bad bad!!!

At least dingleberry kept his finger off the trigger.

I've debated whether or not I would OC while riding my bike and am leaning toward the NOT direction for a couple of reasons, but mostly just one main one. First and not the big one, the wife has expressed her dislike for OC. Second, this is the big one, I don't want someone like this or anyone getting upset with me for whatever dumb reason and calling 911 saying that I pointed my gun at them since they know I have one if it is out there for all to see.

I hope they catch this nut and I hope he's not licensed.
And then, there is that....
Per FOX4 just a minute ago, police say that the man DOES have a carry license. He was charged with a Class A misdemeanor, and given a $1,000 bond.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Jusme
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Jusme »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Oldgringo wrote:
C-dub wrote:Bad bad bad!!!

At least dingleberry kept his finger off the trigger.

I've debated whether or not I would OC while riding my bike and am leaning toward the NOT direction for a couple of reasons, but mostly just one main one. First and not the big one, the wife has expressed her dislike for OC. Second, this is the big one, I don't want someone like this or anyone getting upset with me for whatever dumb reason and calling 911 saying that I pointed my gun at them since they know I have one if it is out there for all to see.

I hope they catch this nut and I hope he's not licensed.
And then, there is that....
Per FOX4 just a minute ago, police say that the man DOES have a carry license. He was charged with a Class A misdemeanor, and given a $1,000 bond.

Guess he didn't pay attention in class. He had plenty of time to extricate himself from any issue, even if it meant pulling off to the shoulder and allowing a tailgater to move on. If he was then threatened, his action may have been justified, but, drawing a gun, while still moving, and able to maneuver away, tends to take away, any self defense, testimony.
Not to mention, the damage his actions, cause to legitimate self defense actions by LTC holders. If a person can't figure out how to deescalate a situation, he/she should never get their LTC. JMHO
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

The Annoyed Man

Yep. Words fail me at this kind of moronic behavior.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

#TINVOWOOT

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Bitter Clinger »

The Annoyed Man wrote:Yep. Words fail me at this kind of moronic behavior.
And that's saying something!! :biggrinjester:
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 8

Post by bblhd672 »

Bitter Clinger wrote:
:iagree:
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Liberty
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Liberty »

bblhd672 wrote:
Bitter Clinger wrote:
Me 2
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 10

Post by Oldgringo »

Liberty wrote:
bblhd672 wrote:
Bitter Clinger wrote:
Me 2
This is an historic occasion. :txflag:

The Annoyed Man

Oldgringo wrote:
Liberty wrote:
bblhd672 wrote:
Bitter Clinger wrote:
Me 2
Me 3. :lol:

#TINVOWOOT

Maxwell

Post by Maxwell »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Oldgringo wrote:
Liberty wrote:
bblhd672 wrote:
Bitter Clinger wrote:
Me 2
Me 3. :lol:
"rlol"
I never let schooling interfere with my education. Mark Twain

rotor

Post by rotor »

Return to “The Crime Blotter”