Road rager points knife that looks like gun

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
stever1950
Posts in topic: 1

Road rager points knife that looks like gun

Post by stever1950 »

Well, we have another idiot that is lucky to be alive. She is sooo lucky someone did not take her out.

http://www.khou.com/news/crime/woman-ch ... /463084661
"Resistance to sudden violence, for the preservation not only of my person, my limbs, and life, but of my property, is an indisputable right of nature which I have never surrendered to the public by the compact of society, and which perhaps, I could not surrender if I would." John Adams

Pariah3j

Re: Road rager points knife that looks like gun

Post by Pariah3j »

So had someone shot her in self-defense, they would have been justified because it looks like a gun. But how is it assault with a deadly weapon for pointing a knife at someone? :headscratch
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny" - Thomas Jefferson

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

Pariah3j wrote:So had someone shot her in self-defense, they would have been justified because it looks like a gun. But how is it assault with a deadly weapon for pointing a knife at someone? :headscratch
Probably the same way it's armed robbery if you stick up the local convenience store with only a "finger gun" in your hoodie pocket.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

apostate

Post by apostate »

Pariah3j wrote:So had someone shot her in self-defense, they would have been justified because it looks like a gun. But how is it assault with a deadly weapon for pointing a knife at someone? :headscratch
It says the knife was designed to look like a handgun, so it would fall in the same category as pointing a realistic airsoft gun at someone in traffic or while making an "undocumented withdrawal" at a bank.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”