UT Monuments

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 7

Re: UT Monuments

Post by Oldgringo »

RossA wrote:And by the way, if you are receiving information like that from your alma mater because you are a paying member of the alumni association, it might help to let them know that they have received the last dollar they will ever receive from you.
:clapping: Money talks, bull walks!

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RoyGBiv »

Oldgringo wrote:
RossA wrote:And by the way, if you are receiving information like that from your alma mater because you are a paying member of the alumni association, it might help to let them know that they have received the last dollar they will ever receive from you.
:clapping: Money talks, bull walks!
I thought it was a better strategy to accuse them of being stupid, rather than threaten them with withholding my meager funding.
Gotta save some powder for the next volley. :lol:
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

My opinion is that this "outrage" over the Confederate monuments, flags etc. is promulgated by the true neo nazis who hope that enough white citizenry will be fed up to a point of them actually joining them, expending their ranks. Blacks and other non white races are simply used as tools by the fascist leftists, democrat party conducting business as usual.

The thing is they are actually succeeding at this time. How many of you have observed ordinary whites that you know have no racist bone in their body begin to sympathetically gravitate towards "I'm fed up with this war against me being white nonsense"?

Even many of us here are getting to a point of being fed up. Many of you have family members who have given their lives fighting fascist Hitler's army. This is what you as descendants of those brave man and woman deserve to get now? Having to feel ashamed for what? Being white?

I'm from Eastern Europe, never had slaves anywhere in my blood line. I detest racism and fascist pigs. I have family members who were slaughtered in 40's as Hitler made his way across the Eastern front.

I came here with nothing. Not one handout was given. I earned everything with blood sweat and tears, as many of you. Again, just to now be called racist by some closet fascist pig who wants to stir up racial unrest simply because I say leave the dang monuments alone.

I had one of these jellyfish try to argue with me the other day. Thankfully, I do have restraint, but he did get a mouthful. I'm not letting these little pigs corner me with their accusatory nonsense.

By the way, most of these "outraged" pigs are Lilly white snowflakes. Interesting huh?

I'd get banned from here if I really expressed how I feel about this Marxist attack upon our Culture and society.

ninjabread
Posts in topic: 3

Post by ninjabread »

This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

JustSomeOldGuy
Posts in topic: 1

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

RossA wrote:
WTR wrote:
RossA wrote:I have also heard (haven't heard it verified yet) that in their rush to cleanse history from the campus, they erroneously removed a statue of former Governor Hogg, who was not a Confederate veteran as they believed him to be.
They say Hogg will be reinstalled but at a different location. They claim his removal was intentional as he will be relocated.
Funny they just happened to do it along with all of the other "offensive" monuments.
They probably thought he was 'fat-shaming'.....
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

1911 10MM

Post by 1911 10MM »

COWARDS!!!!!!!!!!!

n5wmk

Post by n5wmk »

A very good friend of mine, Jay from Crawford, is a 1974 University of Texas graduate. I had lunch with him on Tuesday, and he had just been on the air with Chris Salcedo on WBAP. Jay is outraged (a gross understatement) by the nighttime removal of the monuments.

Jay is a 6th generation Native Texas. His children went to UT, his mother and his grandmother went to UT. When the statutes were removed overnight, the next day Jay removed his diploma from the wall and shredded it. He mailed half of it to Paul Foster, Chairman of the Board of Regents and the other half to Admiral William McRaven, Chancellor of the University of Texas System. A letter accompanied the shredded diploma, demanding that the statutes be replaced immediately in broad daylight until a democratic transparent decision is made as to rewrite history.

There are more, stronger (but clean) statements from Jay while on the air.

If you'd like to listen to Jay's words, the Chris Salcedo archives are online at http://www.wbap.com/chrissalcedo/. Go to the 8/22/2017 , select the 9:30-10:00 segment. It's about 4:30 into it. It looks like about 5 days worth of archives are available, so it won't be up there too much longer.

I agree with Jay - this was a cowardly thing to do, overnight, without input from UT Alumni in particular or Texans in general. These statutes are public property located on a State funded campus, and are not the private property of UT President Gregory Fenves, who received his Bachelor in Science degree from Cornell and his Ph. D. from UC Berkeley.
EDC CZ 2075 RAMI
NRA Benefactor Life Member
USAF 1972-1980
Texas A&M -1980-1984

mloamiller

Post by mloamiller »

Just another reason I'm glad I went to Texas A&M and not ut.

"Texas A&M says it will not remove campus statue of Lawrence Sullivan Ross"
http://www.statesman.com/news/local/tex ... Dp7K0s1VK/
LTC/SSC Instructor
NRA Pistol Instructor, RSO

n5wmk

Post by n5wmk »

mloamiller wrote:Just another reason I'm glad I went to Texas A&M and not ut.
Same here. I put my share of pennies on the base of Sully's statue!
EDC CZ 2075 RAMI
NRA Benefactor Life Member
USAF 1972-1980
Texas A&M -1980-1984

Noggin

Post by Noggin »

It seems that here in College Station they see things differently, I found this on line:

President Michael K. Young insisted that the statue of former school president, Texas governor and Confederate Gen. Lawrence Sullivan “Sul” Ross — the oldest one on the flagship campus — will remain.

Dedicated in 1918, the Ross statue is considered a good luck charm. Students place money and other items at its feet.
“Without Sul Ross, neither Texas A&M University nor Prairie View A&M University would likely exist today.

But then of course it seems most people in TU think A&M is Nazi central.
"I command ye therefore, upon the peril of your lives, to depart immediately out of this place." - Oliver Cromwell 1653 :smilelol5:

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Topic author
Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Oldgringo »

Maryland 51, (23) Texas 41

Way to Go Terps! :clapping:

ninjabread

Post by ninjabread »

Oldgringo wrote:Maryland 51, (23) Texas 41

:hurry:

I'm rooting for OU next month.
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

ninjabread wrote:

While I can see your point, I'm not sure I can cheer for an Oklahoma team, least of all OU. That being said, I would be fine if both teams were given a loss for that game. It won't happen, but one can dream.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

loktite

Post by loktite »

Flightmare wrote:
ninjabread wrote:

While I can see your point, I'm not sure I can cheer for an Oklahoma team, least of all OU. That being said, I would be fine if both teams were given a loss for that game. It won't happen, but one can dream.
Well if they have some bench clearing brawl that would result in mass ejections, they could both have to forfeit :biggrinjester:
NRA Endowment Member

Return to “Off-Topic”