Moderator: carlson1

SewTexas
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Gun Law Question

Post by SewTexas »

C-dub wrote:
treadlightly wrote:
SewTexas wrote:
C-dub wrote:Didn't you sell that rifle and buy another one for yourself or trade it for something with someone?
I thought it was lost in a boating accident.....
Funny and tempting, but the most defensible course is the truth. Document the transfer through an ffl, hopefully without being there at the same time she is.
My question was more of a suggestion of something that should be done rather than a lie that could be told.
oh, absolutely. I was just having fun with it. :lol: I would hope that no one would take anything like that seriously
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

To those who asked if the 4473 was marked "gift" -- When did you ever seen that on a 4473?
4473 Instructions wrote:Actual TRANSFEREE/buyer examples: Mr. Smith asks Mr. Jones to purchase a firearm for Mr. Smith (who may or may not be prohibited). Mr. Smith gives Mr. Jones the money for the firearm. Mr. Jones is NOT THE ACTUAL TRANSFEREE/BUYER of the firearm and must answer "NO" to question 11.a. The licensee may not transfer the firearm to Mr. Jones. However, if Mr. Brown buys the firearm with his own money to give to Mr. Black as a gift (with no service or tangible thing of value provided by Mr. Black), Mr. Brown is the actual transferee/buyer of the firearm and should answer "YES" to question 11.a. However, the transferor/seller may not transfer a firearm to any person he/she knows or has reasonable cause to believe is prohibited under 18 U.S.C. 922(g), (n) or (x)
BTW, I got that quote from here: https://www.atf.gov/file/61446/download
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

treadlightly

Post by treadlightly »

C-dub wrote: My question was more of a suggestion of something that should be done rather than a lie that could be told.
Oh, please let me be clear - your integrity is not the least bit in doubt. I was just making a quip.

C-dub
Posts in topic: 4

Post by C-dub »

treadlightly wrote:
C-dub wrote: My question was more of a suggestion of something that should be done rather than a lie that could be told.
Oh, please let me be clear - your integrity is not the least bit in doubt. I was just making a quip.
No worries, I wasn't clear. I should have worded my suggestions better.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

oohrah
Posts in topic: 1

Post by oohrah »

I'm curious why no one has wondered where the OP is in all this discussion?
USMC, Retired
Treating one variety of person as better or worse than others by accident of birth is morally indefensible.

C-dub
Posts in topic: 4

Post by C-dub »

oohrah wrote:I'm curious why no one has wondered where the OP is in all this discussion?
I didn't notice. Maybe he's out on a boating trip.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

SIGFan43
Posts in topic: 1

Post by SIGFan43 »

A close friend of mine recently gave me a .22 rifle that belonged to her husband, who died in 2005. I made out a Bill of Sale, with both our names and addresses on it, and we both signed both copies, and I actually insisted on buying it for $100.00, which was on the Bill of Sale. If it's actually a gift, in the old days, my dad used to put "For $1.00 and other considerations" on a Bill of Sale when he gave someone a lawnmower or anything with intrinsic value.
SIGFan43
Where am I going, and why am I in this handbasket?

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”