a day of many first and a few questions

Issues important to the ladies, with men and women welcome.

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
swilkes
Posts in topic: 2

a day of many first and a few questions

Post by swilkes »

I recently bought my self a KIMBER 1911 and after that my wife started seeming interested in guns. Her curiosity grew awful fast (it didn't help I was pouring gasoline all over her fire). With in a week of my purchase she was looking at guns, and wanting her LTC. We looked at a few stores, everything from KIMBERs to GLOCKS. We found one she liked, and felt good in her hands. The only thing we couldn't agree on was color. She won of course and her purple LC9s came in Thursday.

While she was out couponing yesterday, I was cleaning her gun. She sent me a text showing me all this stuff she bought for .49 cents, and says imagine all the bullets we can buy with the money I saved!!!

After she got back, we headed to ACADEMY and bought us some bullets. Took her to the range yesterday for the first time shooting her gun, and first at shooting any gun. I shot the first 7 rounds making sure it worked and was flawless. I really like the gun. The recoil was pretty tame compared to my SIG 2022. After the first 7 rds it was my wife's turn. We started out loading one bullet at a time. I didn't want her to have a loaded mag, fire and freak out and have a accident. It was also to help her get familiar with the gun, loading, ejecting empty mag, cocking. first few shots down range was pretty good. the something happened. we couldn't tell where she was hitting. I explained that this trip is more about shooting and getting comfortable shooting, we will worry about accuracy after a few more trips. After a few more rounds, we figured out she was left eye dominant and right handed. NOW she was shooting ALOT better. She was hitting paper. She gain a bunch of confidence and asked why we are only shooting one round at a time, why cant we load it all the way? after the first full mag she turned and said "now that was fun!" Then she got really brave and wanted to shoot my 1911. Of course she really liked it but it is to big and heavy for her ,WHEW, that was close.

Anyway here we are in another 1st world problem, how to carry? She has been looking at purses. I know, I know not the best way, but I like to fight my battles one battle at a time. I just want her carrying. Eventually we will get her carrying on her person but for now it will be her purse.

Is there a store in the DFW area that we can go to look at purses? Apparently buying a purse for carry isn't the same as buying an IW holster for my self. she like to feel and wear it before she buys it. how does your wife carry?

aaangel
Posts in topic: 1

Re: a day of many first and a few questions

Post by aaangel »

fort worth has a gun show today. i was there yesterday and they have 3 or 4 vendors that sells CC purses.
'got to Texas ASAIC.

troglodyte

Post by troglodyte »

Undertech Undercover has several options of shirts, shorts, and tights
Lethal lace
Dene Adams
Flashbang
any number of bellybands and variations - Kangaroo Carry, Spec Gear, etc.

Check out the Corner Cat and The Well Armed Woman websites. They have a lot of good info geared towards ladies.
Talon Firearms Training
Instructor - License To Carry, School Safety, First Responder: Texas DPS, Certified Instructor: Rangemasters/Tom Givens
NRA Instructor - Basic Pistol, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Range Safety Officer
Stop The Bleed Instructor

skeathley

Post by skeathley »

Cabela's has CC purses. Many women don't want to dress the way required to wear a holster, but it depends on their work situation.
Texas LTC Instructor / RSO / SSC
Viet Nam Veteran: 25th Infantry, Cu Chi
https://mckinneyfirearmstraining.com

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

She has been looking at purses
My suggestion, if she's going to carry it in her purse then buy the gun purse that has a stainless steel cable inside the shoulder strap, this keeps some punk from running up and snatching the purse off her shoulder by breaking the strap!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

cmgee67

Post by cmgee67 »

Awesome news to hear! I'm hoping my wife will one day want to carry a gun. She likes shooting but doesn't want to dress around the gun and she doesn't like having her purse on her all the time. One battle at a time like OP said.

flowrie

Post by flowrie »

My wife just recently purchased a CC purse at Cabelas.
It was a nice one and she uses it.
Also.....
For our anniversary in September, she wanted a shotgun for skeet. Told her I would need to buy a reloaded press for 28ga shells, she said go ahead.

What a great wife God sent to me!
Former NRA Life Member
1911 fan

Greybeard

Post by Greybeard »

A highly recommended web site for her (and men too): www.corneredcat.com
CHL Instructor since 1995
http://www.dentoncountysports.com "A Private Palace for Pistol Proficiency"

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

Congrats on her becoming interested.
My wife has a couple of CC purses that she uses when she is dressing up. They have cross body straps which means it can go over left shoulder and be on her right side. She feels more comfortable this way when she has to purse carry.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Topic author
swilkes
Posts in topic: 2

Post by swilkes »

Thanks for all the replies. I will let her know her options. I am excited for her to be interested in her Ltc also. Hopefully that means we can buy more ammo and guns.

We are getting ready to head out to the range for another round.

flechero

Post by flechero »

Greybeard wrote:A highly recommended web site for her (and men too): http://www.corneredcat.com
Agreed- a great resource. My wife and M-i-l got lots of good (woman to woman) info there that I couldn't give them.

Also have her look at Mitch Rosen CC purses.

Sidro

Post by Sidro »

Sam Moon for purse and jeltecholsters.com for a trigger guard.

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

Montana West makes good affordable CC purses. I love them for when I can't figure a way to carry on body, or it's just too hot to wear the undergarments I've made to carry.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Return to “Ladies”