DFW West/Southwest Quadrant Breakfast

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 16

Re: DFW West/Southwest Quadrant Breakfast

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Bitter Clinger wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:
Flightmare wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:I won't be making this one. I'm currently on a pretty restricted diet right now, and although I'd love the fellowship, it would be too tempting to sit around smelling those smells and watching you guys eat those breakfast tacos, while I sip my little coffee.
Nothing wrong with fellowship and coffee my friend. :tiphat:
No, there isn't. It's just that I'm on a (doctor supervised) 500 calorie a day diet for the next 6 weeks, and until I get into the maintenance phase, I just don't need the temptation.
OMG! That is brutal. Concentration camp levels. Training for when we get rounded up and sent to FEMA internment camps? Good luck, stay strong, God bless!
Thank you sir! I will. The last time I did this regimen over a period of a year or so, I lost 90 pounds. It consists of 12 week cycles: 6 weeks on at 500 calories/day, with daily HCG injections; and 6 weeks off at 1000 calories/day without the injections. Rinse and repeat until goal is reached. I kept those 90 lbs off for a long time, but I got derailed and gained back a fair amount of that lost weight over the past year due to a cascading series of illnesses and injuries, with forced inactivity. I'm on day 3 of 500/day, and other than a little fatigue, I'm feeling OK. I'll miss the fellowship, but right now, the best thing I can do for my own discipline is to stay away from where food is served and watching a bunch of other people eating it.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
bblhd672
Posts in topic: 65

Post by bblhd672 »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Flightmare wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:I won't be making this one. I'm currently on a pretty restricted diet right now, and although I'd love the fellowship, it would be too tempting to sit around smelling those smells and watching you guys eat those breakfast tacos, while I sip my little coffee.
Nothing wrong with fellowship and coffee my friend. :tiphat:
No, there isn't. It's just that I'm on a (doctor supervised) 500 calorie a day diet for the next 6 weeks, and until I get into the maintenance phase, I just don't need the temptation.
I'll eat an extra breakfast taco for you. Hope the diet works as needed.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Topic author
bblhd672
Posts in topic: 65

Post by bblhd672 »

Bump and reminder - tomorrow Saturday August 19th at 8:00AM. Rudy's BBQ Arlington.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

rtschl
Posts in topic: 10

Post by rtschl »

I'm going to miss this one tomorrow. Have to be home for work being done at the house. But I bet they show up at the end of their 3 hour window and I could have made it. :grumble
Ron
NRA Member

TVGuy
Posts in topic: 5

Post by TVGuy »

Well, my wife scheduled me to take the dog for her checkup tomorrow at 8am, so I'll likely miss the breakfast. How long do you all usually meet, in case I can make the tail end?

Jusme
Posts in topic: 69

Post by Jusme »

TVGuy wrote:Well, my wife scheduled me to take the dog for her checkup tomorrow at 8am, so I'll likely miss the breakfast. How long do you all usually meet, in case I can make the tail end?

We are usually there until about 10.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

Headed to Rudy's, hoping to see lots of folks this morning!

ktfiend
Posts in topic: 2

Post by ktfiend »

Can you send some down here? I'm talking with myself for some reason.

ktfiend
Posts in topic: 2

Post by ktfiend »

y'all enjoy yourselves... ours was apparently a bust today in West Houston

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

ktfiend wrote:y'all enjoy yourselves... ours was apparently a bust today in West Houston

Much smaller crowd today only 5 members were able to make it. Still had good food and conversation.

SigM4
Posts in topic: 34

Post by SigM4 »

So can I go ahead and throw out September 16th as a proposal for the next breakfast? That'd be the Saturday before the training class for any going to that.
Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

SigM4 wrote:So can I go ahead and throw out September 16th as a proposal for the next breakfast? That'd be the Saturday before the training class for any going to that.

Works for me. :thumbs2:

crazy2medic
Posts in topic: 27

Post by crazy2medic »

Works for me!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

Nano
Posts in topic: 17

Post by Nano »

Fine for me!
NRA Member

C-dub
Posts in topic: 57

Post by C-dub »

You folks are killin' me. ;-)

I'm nothing special to look at, but FYI, I work every other weekend and this past 19th and the 16th of next month are my weekends to work. I can't promise, but if it wouldn't be too much trouble to switch to the "other" weekend sometime I would do my darndest to make at least one of these breakfasts.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Return to “Off-Topic”