Advice/Input on Making a Supply Run to Houston

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
PUCKER
Posts in topic: 5

Re: Advice/Input on Making a Supply Run to Houston

Post by PUCKER »

I'm in the air now heading home and I just got word that the local (Grapevine) fuel stations are out. My coach has an almost full tank. It it's going to be tight by the time I head out to get the trailer, load up etc. I'm think it might be wiser to wait a few days to do the DFW run.

Vol Texan
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Vol Texan »

I have to echo some of the previous posts. Yes, we need help in Houston, but we also get the most press coverage. There are countless people south toward Rockport that need help desperately.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

bmwrdr
Posts in topic: 3

Post by bmwrdr »

PUCKER wrote:I'm in the air now heading home and I just got word that the local (Grapevine) fuel stations are out. My coach has an almost full tank. It it's going to be tight by the time I head out to get the trailer, load up etc. I'm think it might be wiser to wait a few days to do the DFW run.
I packed a large box with canned food and a bag of clean shirts I shrunk out of.
Tam already got a note to supply a schedule for pickup.
I hope there will be more fellow forum members in the area to contribute and to ensure your truck is loaded.
When you come to pick the items up I'll contribute $20 for gasoline as well.
Toogether we can make the difference.

:patriot:
I scarified political correctness to preserve honesty ︻╦̵̵͇̿̿̿̿══╤─

crazy2medic
Posts in topic: 1

Post by crazy2medic »

Guys,if you drive down that way make provisions for fuel! Gas stations on the west side of Fort Worth are running out of gas! FYI
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

bmwrdr

Post by bmwrdr »

Update from Lewisville PD: There is plenty fuel supply in the area and no reason to panic!
I scarified political correctness to preserve honesty ︻╦̵̵͇̿̿̿̿══╤─

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

SRO1911 wrote:loaded and ready to leave in the morning.
100lbs of cal-hypo (pool chlorine, add water - instant bleach), fuel, other cleaning supplies, hygiene products etc.
Now just trying to plot best route into Pearland from the west - of anyone has any Intel it would be greatly appreciated.
Pm sent
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

SRO1911 wrote:
Vol Texan wrote: Pm sent
I appreciate it, but apparently the interwebz ate it. :headscratch
Resent. I must have messed up.

Outnumbered
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Outnumbered »

I just saw that Rockport is asking for a temporary halt to supply donations. They have more material goods than they can handle at the moment.

http://www.kristv.com/story/36268043/ro ... emporarily

"Once the city has a handle on exactly what supplies are needed, where, and when, they will release more information.

For now, the city asks for monetary donations, which they're still accepting." More details in the article.

troglodyte

Post by troglodyte »

Outnumbered wrote:I just saw that Rockport is asking for a temporary halt to supply donations. They have more material goods than they can handle at the moment.

http://www.kristv.com/story/36268043/ro ... emporarily

"Once the city has a handle on exactly what supplies are needed, where, and when, they will release more information.

For now, the city asks for monetary donations, which they're still accepting." More details in the article.
Anyone heading that way with supplies, please make sure you have made contact with the receiving organization to make sure they are able to handle it. I've heard similar things from several agencies. Too much, too soon, and no place to store it. It's great to help but make sure the infrastructure will handle what you are bringing.
Talon Firearms Training
Instructor - License To Carry, School Safety, First Responder: Texas DPS, Certified Instructor: Rangemasters/Tom Givens
NRA Instructor - Basic Pistol, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Range Safety Officer
Stop The Bleed Instructor

Topic author
PUCKER
Posts in topic: 5

Post by PUCKER »

I appreciate everyone's help/input - after communicating with TAM's fine son last night we decided it might be best to regroup on this a little later. The last thing I want to do is become stranded somewhere and then take additional resources because of it. I know the misery will continue for awhile (and I hate that!!) - meaning that whether we make a run today or next week - the supplies will still be needed - I will try to get an updated list once the fuel situation stabilizes.

Alf

Post by Alf »

Bless y'all. Thousands in the Houston area lost their homes and everything they couldn't carry when they escaped to family, friends, shelters. Many will still need assistance next week and next month, when what's already here has been distributed. Many businesses suffered damage and that will hurt their employees, especially the small businesses that are the lifeblood of America.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

PUCKER wrote:I appreciate everyone's help/input - after communicating with TAM's fine son last night we decided it might be best to regroup on this a little later. The last thing I want to do is become stranded somewhere and then take additional resources because of it. I know the misery will continue for awhile (and I hate that!!) - meaning that whether we make a run today or next week - the supplies will still be needed - I will try to get an updated list once the fuel situation stabilizes.
My son was very grateful to be able to work with you on this. He had the heart and the will, but just didn't know how to get a relief mission started. He's really looking forward to the trip.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Outnumbered
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Outnumbered »

Update to the story posted above about Rockport. This report says they still need supplies and volunteers, and that they do have a warehouse to store the supplies in.

http://kxan.com/2017/09/12/donation-org ... forgotten/

Return to “Off-Topic”