Mossberg Shockwave

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

puma guy
Posts in topic: 17

Re: Mossberg Shockwave

Post by puma guy »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
puma guy wrote:Picked up my Shockwave yesterday and learned the box got wet on one end during the hurricane. The SG didn't get wet. My LGS had several Shockwaves held until Sept 1 that had boxes damaged as well so Mossberg is sending them new boxes. :thumbs2: Gonna try to get to the range to try it with the Federal #1 Buckshot Flite control shells if PSC dries out before I have some surgery that will put me out of commission for a while. :fire

Ordered one of these in black. I've got to figure a way to attach it for easy reach access from the rear of my truck. Voodoo Tactical 20-8916 Breacher's Shotgun Scabbard
VooDoo Breachers Scabbard.jpg
I have essentially that same scabbard, purchased at a Fort Worth mil-surp store, for my 20" 590A1. It is a VERY handy way to transport a shotgun.
It was that or a see through back pack. :lol:
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

My Shockwave in the Voodoo Tactical Scabbard. Need a short sling. I'll have to figure a way to attach the scabbard to the back of my front passenger seat in the truck. I have a case of Federal Flite Control #1 Buckshot shells to feed it.

JRG
Posts in topic: 11

Post by JRG »

puma guy wrote:My Shockwave in the Voodoo Tactical Scabbard. Need a short sling. I'll have to figure a way to attach the scabbard to the back of my front passenger seat in the truck. I have a case of Federal Flite Control #1 Buckshot shells to feed it.

I am LIKING your whole setup!

Where did you find the Federal Flite Control #1 Buckshot shells?

Joe

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

JRG wrote:
puma guy wrote:My Shockwave in the Voodoo Tactical Scabbard. Need a short sling. I'll have to figure a way to attach the scabbard to the back of my front passenger seat in the truck. I have a case of Federal Flite Control #1 Buckshot shells to feed it.

I am LIKING your whole setup!

Where did you find the Federal Flite Control #1 Buckshot shells?

Joe
I posted in another link that I found it at the Ammunition Store. They still have it in stock.
https://ammunitionstore.com/search.php? ... y=LE132+1B

Topic author
carlson1
Posts in topic: 21

Post by carlson1 »

Are you going to carry this in plain sight? I am just asking for knowledge not that I have any reason to be against it.

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

carlson1 wrote:

Are you going to carry this in plain sight? I am just asking for knowledge not that I have any reason to be against it.
No. I will probably cover it with a loose bucket seat cover with a vertical opening to access it. I use a towel to cover my current truck shotgun in the back seat.

Topic author
carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

puma guy wrote:
carlson1 wrote:

No. I will probably cover it with a loose bucket seat cover with a vertical opening to access it. I use a towel to cover my current truck shotgun in the back seat.
Makes sense to me. I like the scabbard and I hope you lost pictures when you get it all set up.

Topic author
carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

A late birthday present from a church member, but my Shockwave will be at the FFL on Thursday. I hope the scabbard will arrive soon also. Plenty of Federal Law Enforcement (LE132-1B) and Federal Law Enforcement Hydra-Shoc Rifled Slugs. Thanks to Pawpaw for the information on the ammo.

:anamatedbanana

JRG

Post by JRG »

carlson1 wrote:A late birthday present from a church member, but my Shockwave will be at the FFL on Thursday. I hope the scabbard will arrive soon also. Plenty of Federal Law Enforcement (LE132-1B) and Federal Law Enforcement Hydra-Shoc Rifled Slugs. Thanks to Pawpaw for the information on the ammo.

I got an email from Grab A Gun that they have them in stock once again!

Are you getting the same scabbard as Puma Guy?

Joe

Topic author
carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

JRG wrote:
carlson1 wrote:A late birthday present from a church member, but my Shockwave will be at the FFL on Thursday. I hope the scabbard will arrive soon also. Plenty of Federal Law Enforcement (LE132-1B) and Federal Law Enforcement Hydra-Shoc Rifled Slugs. Thanks to Pawpaw for the information on the ammo.

Joe
Yes sir. I found the same scabbard in Ebay for 17.99 and free shipping. I first ordered from Amazon and found it on Ebay so I immediately canceled the order on Amazon. The Shockwave was won on Gunbroker for $310.00 no CC fees and $10.00 flat shipping.

Edit: After thought I wished the scabbard would cover the trigger though.

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

carlson1 wrote:
JRG wrote:

Joe
Yes sir. I found the same scabbard in Ebay for 17.99 and free shipping. I first ordered from Amazon and found it on Ebay so I immediately canceled the order on Amazon. The Shockwave was won on Gunbroker for $310.00 no CC fees and $10.00 flat shipping.
That's an all around bargain on both the scabbard and Shockwave.

JRG

Post by JRG »

carlson1 wrote:

Great buys on both the scabbard and the Shockwave!

I, too, wish the scabbard covered the trigger.

Joe

Topic author
carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

JRG wrote:
carlson1 wrote:

Great buys on both the scabbard and the Shockwave!

I, too, wish the scabbard covered the trigger.

Joe
I guess I ordered a different one. It is a Voodoo Scabbard, but long enough to cover the trigger. I am very happy with it.
IMG_7237.JPG

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 27

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

How wide is the mouth of that scabbard? I have a side saddle shell holder on the Shockwave that I am keeping, and I think it will extend a few inches into the scabbard.

Topic author
carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:

How wide is the mouth of that scabbard? I have a side saddle shell holder on the Shockwave that I am keeping, and I think it will extend a few inches into the scabbard.
I have a shell card on the side of mine and it goes all the way in without a problem. I am not sure about the one Puma has.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”