THIN gun belt suggestions

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
cmgee67
Posts in topic: 2

THIN gun belt suggestions

Post by cmgee67 »

I am looking for a nice thin gun belt. Preferably web style. Right now I wear a big foot gun belts steel core belt everyday and I really only need that strong of a belt when carrying my Ruger vaquero or Glock 19. My typical carry (45 shield) choice doesn't need that big belt. I have checked out the 5.11's at academy and liked them of but I don't want a buckel unless it lies very flat. I was thinkin a Velcro system of some sort. In my job I do a lot of lifting, carrying, crawling under houses, and working on and under equipment, and on my Bigfoot, the belt sticks out on the buckle almost 2 inches and I hit it on everything. It's not a problem when I'm off work and I can carry my larger guns but at work I try and go as light and comfortable as possible. I realized in a couple years the velcorm may be worn out but in my experinace if you keep it clean it lasts a long time. Then I'd replace it

flechero
Posts in topic: 1

Re: THIN gun belt suggestions

Post by flechero »

In your case, a wilderness instructor's belt might be a great choice. Velcro, small buckle, washable, inexpensive, etc. Not the best with a full sized, all steel gun but with what you are talking about, should be way more than adequate.

I wear one on weekends and out at the ranch... works fine. I prefer reinforced leather belt when carrying a steel framed 1911 but the wilderness belt with insert does carry it.

ETA there are several better options out there but they are pricey- Ares belts are one of the best but $$$.

SigM4

Post by SigM4 »

Check us this thread for a good recent discussion on gun belts. I picked up a Klik belt to go with my Armour Belts as a result of that thread.
Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Topic author
cmgee67
Posts in topic: 2

Post by cmgee67 »

Thanks guys

relocker

Post by relocker »

For well over a year I have had two different colors of the 1.5" Trainer Belts from 5.11. One is worn almost daily and the other sparingly. Neither is worse for wear and the Velcro is holding up just fine.

My daily carry is a shield 9mm, usually in an Alien Gear iwb, but sometimes in a basic belt slide owb. Occasionally, I'll change it up with a full size G22 or 1911, iwb or owb. None have proven problematic with these belts.

While I don't think the buckle has a high profile, I can't give an honest answer on whether it will hang up on things. My gut's protruding further, so the buckle is protected from the elements, so to speak. However, I can tell you that I plan on buying another when needed.

Kevin

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”