Good information in my Journey. Read Below...

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
agsalaza30
Posts in topic: 1

Good information in my Journey. Read Below...

Post by agsalaza30 »

agsalaza30 wrote:
agsalaza30 wrote:
agsalaza30 wrote:New guy here! Very excited about the process to get my LTC. Anxiously waiting...

Julyish - Bought my first hand gun :patriot: :txflag:
Sept 9th - Certification course taken and PASSED!
Sept 9th - Submitted my application online
Sept 13th - Online website status updated; All greens except for fingerprints, Background Review, and Print Pending...
Sept 13th - Submitted fingerprints via Identogo
Next...
Wait... :waiting: :yawn

*****Update!

Sept 18th - I submitted all my disposition paperwork for my small criminal history of (4) offenses ***(BTW, none of the paperwork for my dispositions was official/notarized. I pulled all of it off the county district clerk's websites. One disposition was simply a print out from Cameron county district clerk's computer system with highlighter and writing showing that my case had been dismissed and there is no record.
Sept 19th - I received an email stating that one of my disposition documents was SECURED and could not be opened so I needed to submit another copy that wasn't password protected. Since that copy was pulled off the Harris county district clerk's website and I didn't have a password to unlock it, I simply downloaded a PDF app on my phone, snapped a picture of the PDF on my computer screen, converted that picture to a PDF, and emailed it to myself so that I could submit it online again.
Sept 19th - I submitted the new PDF copy of my disposition from Harris county
Sept 21st - Online status has updated to all greens except for the "Print Pending". Backgrounds and fingerprints are all green; Print Pending is yellow.
So I guess the timeline from start to the point of "Print Pending" for me would be "13 days". And that is a brand new application after September 1, 2017, NOT a renewal. Just mentioning that because everyone has expected a huge wait time due to new applications and back logs because of the reduced price in applications, etc.

SUPER EXCITED! So ready to get my plastic in hand. I'll update once the status changes to "Mailed"... :woohoo

Update!!!!
9-26-17... As of this morning... Online status is ALL GREEN and showing "MAILED". Should have it in hand by end of the week. I'm in Houston area...
***18 days to get to the "Mailed" staus for my journey***
:patriot: :txflag: :thewave

UPDATE!!!
9-27-17... Plastic in hand!!! 19 Days Total
:anamatedbanana :woohoo :txflag: :patriot:
:thewave

AF-Odin

Re: Good information in my Journey. Read Below...

Post by AF-Odin »

Congrats and welcome to the community. Carry often (always if possible) and carry responsibly. :tiphat:
AF-Odin
Texas LTC, SSC & FRC Instructor
NRA Pistol, Home Firearms Safety, Personal Protection in the Home Instructor & RSO
NRA & TSRA Life Member

cmgee67

Post by cmgee67 »

Welcome!!! Carry on!! If you hang around this forum long enough you will end up with ten guns by next September!

swilkes

Post by swilkes »

cmgee67 wrote:Welcome!!! Carry on!! If you hang around this forum long enough you will end up with ten guns by next September!
That's no lie. I haven't even been a member here for a year and already bought 3 guns. 1911, Ruger LC9s, and another shot gun.

I have had my lic for a year now this month.

Welcome!!

Lynyrd

Post by Lynyrd »

swilkes wrote:
cmgee67 wrote:Welcome!!! Carry on!! If you hang around this forum long enough you will end up with ten guns by next September!
That's no lie. I haven't even been a member here for a year and already bought 3 guns. 1911, Ruger LC9s, and another shot gun.

I have had my lic for a year now this month.

Welcome!!
It's a disease. It's contagious. And it's expensive. :biggrinjester:
Do what you say you're gonna do.

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

And to think I've been a member since 05. Just sayin :thumbs2:
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Gunner4640

Post by Gunner4640 »

I've been a member since 11 and now have 17 guns. :fire
Dave & Wife NRA Members
Too many guns to list> :lol::

amichener

Post by amichener »

LTC Status

September 1st – Submitted My Application
September 10th – Submitted My Fingerprints With Identigo
October 7th – Completed the LTC Class and Qualifications
October 7th – Submitted the LTC100 Electronically To TXDPS
October 10th – DPS Website Updated To Everything Green, Except Fingerprints, Background Check, and Print Pending are Yellow

Will update Once Everything is Green

:patriot:

UPDATE:

October 19th - Fingerprints and Background Check are now GREEN, PRINT PENDING :anamatedbanana

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”