Today in Trump's 1st term as President

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 1534

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

Post by philip964 »

http://freebeacon.com/politics/clinton- ... d-killing/

Hillary hopes like Putin that Trump hasn't ordered the killing of journalists.

Hilliary has had a habit of accusing her enemies of doing things she has already done.

Trump was a little slow out of the gate with the hurricane in Puerto Rica. News media is desperate to find something to criticize him on other than the disrespecting the NFL, as that's already a losing issue.

NFL is scrambling as rating are down another 11. % over last year which was also down. A store is being boycotted for selling Steelers gear. It's now just a misunderstanding fans don't understand that the players aren't disrespecting the USA, it a freedom of speech issue.

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 106

Post by Pawpaw »

philip964 wrote:NFL is scrambling as rating are down another 11. % over last year which was also down. A store is being boycotted for selling Steelers gear. It's now just a misunderstanding fans don't understand that the players aren't disrespecting the USA, it a freedom of speech issue.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

My favorite CNN quote from the disrespect the United States affair

" Goodell said Trump's criticism of NFL players kneeling in protest during the National Anthem showed a "lack of respect" for the league and its player"

After the NFL and its players did this why would they need to be shown respect?

pbwalker
Posts in topic: 18

Post by pbwalker »

I just happen to notice this thread...should be some good reading tonight!

I didn't vote for him...I just couldn't bring myself to do it. All I'm hoping for is while everyone is distracted with North Korea, Russia, Racism, Sexism, every other -ism, and our country continues to be a circus act, we can ram through as much pro 2A legislation as humanly possible.
*NRA Endowment Member* | Veteran
Vote Adam Kraut for the NRA Board of Directors - http://www.adamkraut.com/

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 89

Post by Flightmare »

pbwalker wrote:I just happen to notice this thread...should be some good reading tonight!

I didn't vote for him...I just couldn't bring myself to do it. All I'm hoping for is while everyone is distracted with North Korea, Russia, Racism, Sexism, every other -ism, and our country continues to be a circus act, we can ram through as much pro 2A legislation as humanly possible.
That would require Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell to quit sitting on their hands and actually do something.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

pbwalker

Post by pbwalker »

Flightmare wrote:
pbwalker wrote:I just happen to notice this thread...should be some good reading tonight!

That would require Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell to quit sitting on their hands and actually do something.
Exactly, and we know that won't happen. All we can hope for is that our reality tv president doesn't start a war with North Korea, and that the folks organizing these local terrorist groups (Antifa, BLM, KKK, AFP, etc.) don't escalate much more than they have already.

Keep your powder dry boys! :fire

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 58

Post by anygunanywhere »

pbwalker wrote:
Flightmare wrote:

Exactly, and we know that won't happen. All we can hope for is that our reality tv president doesn't start a war with North Korea, and that the folks organizing these local terrorist groups (Antifa, BLM, KKK, AFP, etc.) don't escalate much more than they have already.

If the war starts with the Norks it will be fat boy that starts it
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

pbwalker

Post by pbwalker »

anygunanywhere wrote:
pbwalker wrote:
Flightmare wrote:

If the war starts with the Norks it will be fat boy that starts it
What does Michael Moore have to do with it? "rlol"

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-t ... story.html

Yesterday Trump gave a speech about his new federal tax overhaul, to make the tax code simpler, more fair, to stimulate the economy, make America great again and to give everyone a reduction in taxes. Sounds great.

With every change in the tax code, there will be winners and losers. Someone will pay more taxes. Someone will pay less taxes.

He proposed eliminating the death tax. So if you have an estate greater than 5 million dollars you would be a winner. I would assume if you earn income you would be a loser as someone has to make up the difference. That is unless the government just plans to borrow more.

He proposed eliminating the property tax deduction. So if you own a home, you will be a loser.

In the illustration in the news article above, if you pay State income tax or pay sales taxes like in Texas, you will be a loser.

Supposedly the middle class per his speech will pay less. I'm in the middle class, but it looks like, since I itemize my deductions, I will be a loser.

As it normally is, when someone talks about reforming the tax code, it means my taxes will go up.

BBYC
Posts in topic: 28

Post by BBYC »

Eliminating refundable tax credits would be a huge step forward in making income taxes more fair for the middle class.
God, grant me serenity to accept the things I can't change
Courage to change the things I can
And the firepower to make a difference.

montgomery
Posts in topic: 3

Post by montgomery »

philip964 wrote:http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-t ... story.html

Yesterday Trump gave a speech about his new federal tax overhaul, to make the tax code simpler, more fair, to stimulate the economy, make America great again and to give everyone a reduction in taxes. Sounds great.

With every change in the tax code, there will be winners and losers. Someone will pay more taxes. Someone will pay less taxes.

He proposed eliminating the death tax. So if you have an estate greater than 5 million dollars you would be a winner. I would assume if you earn income you would be a loser as someone has to make up the difference. That is unless the government just plans to borrow more.

He proposed eliminating the property tax deduction. So if you own a home, you will be a loser.

In the illustration in the news article above, if you pay State income tax or pay sales taxes like in Texas, you will be a loser.

Supposedly the middle class per his speech will pay less. I'm in the middle class, but it looks like, since I itemize my deductions, I will be a loser.

As it normally is, when someone talks about reforming the tax code, it means my taxes will go up.
Y'all get to keep your doctor and plan and put $5,000 in your pocket with Affordable Healthcare Act. I'll bet that $5,000 to a bucket of piss that taxes go up for household incomes less than $250,000. DISCLOSURE: it is a 5 gallon bucket from a home improvement store, no lid.

Redneck_Buddha
Posts in topic: 35

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

philip964 wrote:http://freebeacon.com/politics/clinton- ... d-killing/

Hillary hopes like Putin that Trump hasn't ordered the killing of journalists.

Hilliary has had a habit of accusing her enemies of doing things she has already done.

Trump was a little slow out of the gate with the hurricane in Puerto Rica. News media is desperate to find something to criticize him on other than the disrespecting the NFL, as that's already a losing issue.

NFL is scrambling as rating are down another 11. % over last year which was also down. A store is being boycotted for selling Steelers gear. It's now just a misunderstanding fans don't understand that the players aren't disrespecting the USA,it a freedom of speech issue.
Which includes the freedom to boycott.

Redneck_Buddha
Posts in topic: 35

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

So I take it you wouldn't benefit from the doubling of the standard deduction? Or are you just leaving out pieces of the picture "because Trump"?

rotor
Posts in topic: 68

Post by rotor »

My local paper gave a rundown on this today and yes there will be winners and losers, always are. I think some of your comments are wrong though.

Yes he wants to eliminate the death tax. I hope he does. Families, especially farmers, are paper rich and when one dies the tax on their farm usually causes the family to sell it to pay the tax. Income earned during a lifetime has been taxed once and shouldn't be taxed twice. Just my opinion as it won't affect me.

Property tax deductions. If you own a $200,000 house in Texas it's a $2 million dollar house in San Francisco. I believe California has a 1% property tax so the SF owner pays $20,000 a year in tax right now which they can deduct from their fed tax. They also can deduct their Ca state income tax from their federal tax. You on the other hand maybe pay $5,000 property tax and no state income tax. This change in law will hurt those that live in very expensive states with high income tax.Should I just say democratic voting states? Look at NYC, they pay state, and city income tax and can deduct it from their federal tax. We have been supporting them for years with our current system and sure they can raise their income tax as they feel and deduct it from their federal tax. I don't believe paying sales tax on items purchased for personal use has been something we can deduct from federal tax so I don't know where that came from. If I am wrong I need to know.

You would have a choice of standardized deduction or itemized deduction for home mortgage.

Look, I have paid more in taxes every time there has been a change in tax law so I don't hold my breath on this but if it gets the country moving again I am for it. I may make less money for my accountant though but so be it. This was all in my local paper today as a summary as I certainly am no tax expert. If I were Chuck Schummer I sure wouldn't vote for this as it will definitely raise the taxes on those New Yorkers.

Liberty
Posts in topic: 25

Post by Liberty »

What they really need to do is come up with a Tax Plan so simple that Turbo Tax and Tax preparers will be put out of business.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Return to “Off-Topic”