NRA Against Bump Fire Stocks?

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

carlson1
Posts in topic: 1

Re: NRA Against Bump Fire Stocks?

Post by carlson1 »

We need to ban evil! That stops all murders.

parabelum
Posts in topic: 4

Post by parabelum »

carlson1 wrote:We need to ban evil! That stops all murders.
:iagree:

Let's have legislation passed making murder illegal!

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

I understand the frustration expressed by many, but those who are attacking the NRA have no information about what is going on in Washington. To those who claim the NRA supports a ban on bump-fire stocks, please re-read the NRA's position. The NRA is not calling for a ban so stop the false allegations.

Chas.

tommyg
Posts in topic: 2

Post by tommyg »

If you think a ban on bump fire stocks will do any good just look
at some youtube.com bump fire videos. they will show you how easy it is to bump fire
without any add on stocks.

When the sick monster (paddock)who was my ex wife's employer back in the 80s
shot and killed 58 and possible more innocent music festival attendees
I gave the NRA a hundred dollars
my usual contribution is 50 every month :mad5
N.R.A. benefactor Member :tiphat: Please Support the N.R.A. :patriot:

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:I understand the frustration expressed by many, but those who are attacking the NRA have no information about what is going on in Washington. To those who claim the NRA supports a ban on bump-fire stocks, please re-read the NRA's position. The NRA is not calling for a ban so stop the false allegations.

Chas.
I think another (or multiple other) "gun rights" organization(s) are probably spinning this as a way to get new members. Just personal opinion, of course.

bigtek
Banned

Post by bigtek »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:I understand the frustration expressed by many, but those who are attacking the NRA have no information about what is going on in Washington. To those who claim the NRA supports a ban on bump-fire stocks, please re-read the NRA's position. The NRA is not calling for a ban so stop the false allegations.
I was confused by their statement so thank you for saying the NRA doesn't support banning them. Can you help me understand what they meant by this?
“The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semiautomatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations,” NRA leaders Wayne LaPierre and Chris Cox said in a statement.
They can't be talking about a lightning link or DIAS because those are already treated the same as a complete M16. Those are legally classified as machineguns and for the past 30 years the good guys can't register any new ones because of the Hughes Amendment. What additional regulations do they support and for what firearm accessories?
Deck the halls with nitroglycerin
Fa la la la la la la la la!
Strike a match and see who's missin'
Fa la la la la la la la la!

CZp10
Banned

Post by CZp10 »

I am new, so please don’t take this the wrong way because I mean no offense by it, I am just a bit confused. I completely understand the frustration in this thread, and with the concept of giving an inch and they will take a mile. However, I am confused at the disappointment with the NRA over this issue, but not the disappointment in the NRA failing to fight the fact that our state, and others, allow the extreme restriction of the 2A with certain no gun signs carrying the force of law. I might be missing something, so if someone could explain, I would appreciate it. I see a lot of NRA videos popping up that offend half the country while browsing the web, what I don’t see is a constant stream of litigation to stop 2A restrictions.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I’ll be that binary triggers come up for review too..... skip ahead to about 7:30 in the video:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

TexasJohnBoy
Banned
Posts in topic: 4

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

I thought I knew why they took this stance, but dang. Laid out that way, great decision.
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”