Interesting going out in public as a LTC

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Scott in Houston
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Interesting going out in public as a LTC

Post by Scott in Houston »

You'll be shocked to realize just how clueless Joe Public is.

Like you and most all new to carrying, you feel like the 'bulge' is showing to the whole world and you're only minutes from being "ousted".

After 10+ years of carrying, I've come to learn that I could literally wear a shirt with an arrow pointing to the area of which I may "print" and nobody would ever notice. They're too busy in their own lives, usually buried in their phones, to notice anything significant, much less... insignificant like "printing".

Topic author
Tex1961
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Tex1961 »

Scott in Houston wrote:You'll be shocked to realize just how clueless Joe Public is.

Like you and most all new to carrying, you feel like the 'bulge' is showing to the whole world and you're only minutes from being "ousted".

After 10+ years of carrying, I've come to learn that I could literally wear a shirt with an arrow pointing to the area of which I may "print" and nobody would ever notice. They're too busy in their own lives, usually buried in their phones, to notice anything significant, much less... insignificant like "printing".
Ok.. I have a whopping 8 days carrying and are you guys ever correct. Nobody has even noticed, and if they did never said a word. I just picked up a Ruger LC9 this morning from Grab A Gun www.grabagun.com for $285.00. Cleaned it took it to the range and was super impressed. It is replacing my Bersa Thunder 380 as my new CC... Smaller and of course 9mm VS 380. I have my Bersa sold, so pretty much no extra money out except for a new holster but that's ok...

I am getting more comfortable with it in my wasteband, I can still feel it especially driving, but even in my short tenure I've already noticed that I am getting more used to it.. By next week I'll probably only notice when I DON'T have it with me....

E10

Post by E10 »

Ed4032 wrote:One day you will forget your wallet but you remembered to bring your gun. Done that a couple of times.
Yep, that's me.

TexasJohnBoy
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

Tex1961 wrote:
Scott in Houston wrote:You'll be shocked to realize just how clueless Joe Public is.

Ok.. I have a whopping 8 days carrying and are you guys ever correct. Nobody has even noticed, and if they did never said a word. I just picked up a Ruger LC9 this morning from Grab A Gun http://www.grabagun.com for $285.00. Cleaned it took it to the range and was super impressed. It is replacing my Bersa Thunder 380 as my new CC... Smaller and of course 9mm VS 380. I have my Bersa sold, so pretty much no extra money out except for a new holster but that's ok...

I am getting more comfortable with it in my wasteband, I can still feel it especially driving, but even in my short tenure I've already noticed that I am getting more used to it.. By next week I'll probably only notice when I DON'T have it with me....
You'll feel buck naked without it. It's as bad as forgetting a watch.
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

ninjabread

Post by ninjabread »

TexasJohnBoy wrote:You'll feel buck naked without it. It's as bad as forgetting a watch.
:headscratch
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

TexasJohnBoy
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

ninjabread wrote:
TexasJohnBoy wrote:You'll feel buck naked without it. It's as bad as forgetting a watch.
:headscratch
Not my photo, but one of these: :cool:
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”