ER nurse illegally detained?

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Dad24GreatKids
Posts in topic: 4

Re: ER nurse illegally detained?

Post by Dad24GreatKids »

roadkill wrote:
Dad24GreatKids wrote:The detective has been fired.
From the EMT job and PD? I know he was let go of from the EMT position.
Just happened today.
http://www.sltrib.com/news/2017/10/10/s ... rest-case/
Dad24GreatKids
NRA Life member
TSRA

RHenriksen
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RHenriksen »

glad to hear it; I wonder what action has been taken against the officer back at HQ who told him to arrest the nurse?
I'll quit carrying a gun when they make murder and armed robbery illegal

Houston Technology Consulting
soup-to-nuts IT infrastructure design, deployment, and support for SMBs

Dad24GreatKids

Post by Dad24GreatKids »

RHenriksen wrote:
glad to hear it; I wonder what action has been taken against the officer back at HQ who told him to arrest the nurse?
I recall the article stating that he had been demoted.
Dad24GreatKids
NRA Life member
TSRA

E.Marquez

Post by E.Marquez »

In case no one else posted it someplace...
http://www.kcentv.com/news/utah-officer ... /482394570
Cop involved fired
"Salt Lake City Police Chief Mike Brown made the decision after an internal investigation found evidence Detective Jeff Payne violated department policies when he arrested nurse Alex Wubbels and dragged her out of the hospital as she screamed on July 26, said Sgt. Brandon Shearer, a spokesman for the department."
Companion animal Microchips, quality name brand chips, lifetime registration, Low cost just $10~12, not for profit, most locations we can come to you. We cover eight counties McLennan, Hill, Bell, Coryell, Falls, Bosque, Limestone, Lampasas
Contact we.chip.pets@gmail.com

Dad24GreatKids

Post by Dad24GreatKids »

E.Marquez wrote:In case no one else posted it someplace...
Cop involved fired
"Salt Lake City Police Chief Mike Brown made the decision after an internal investigation found evidence Detective Jeff Payne violated department policies when he arrested nurse Alex Wubbels and dragged her out of the hospital as she screamed on July 26, said Sgt. Brandon Shearer, a spokesman for the department."
The watch commander, a LT, was demoted to Patrol Office III. I'm assuming that is a couple of job grades down. Should he have been fired?
Dad24GreatKids
NRA Life member
TSRA

E.Marquez

Post by E.Marquez »

Dad24GreatKids wrote:
Cop involved fired
The watch commander, a LT, was demoted to Patrol Office III. I'm assuming that is a couple of job grades down. Should he have been fired?
Assuming the Chief knew something we do not,,,,perhaps no, firing was not appropriate .. Perhaps it was deemed a poor choice, one made without all the available facts...which brings in the question of lack of good reasoning and judgment and thus the reduction in rank, position and authority.
Companion animal Microchips, quality name brand chips, lifetime registration, Low cost just $10~12, not for profit, most locations we can come to you. We cover eight counties McLennan, Hill, Bell, Coryell, Falls, Bosque, Limestone, Lampasas
Contact we.chip.pets@gmail.com

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

http://www.sltrib.com/news/2017/10/31/u ... ettlement/
University Hospital nurse Alex Wubbels has agreed to a $500,000 payment to settle a dispute over her arrest by a Salt Lake City police officer after she barred him from drawing blood from an unconscious patient, her attorney said Tuesday.
Police Chief Mike Brown fired Payne on Oct. 10 and demoted Tracy to the rank of officer. Both men have appealed the punishment to the Salt Lake City Civil Service Commission.

Wubbels said Tuesday she hopes the disciplinary measures are upheld. “I will be very disappointed if they aren’t,” she said.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

parabelum
Posts in topic: 6

Post by parabelum »

Flightmare wrote:http://www.sltrib.com/news/2017/10/31/u ... ettlement/
University Hospital nurse Alex Wubbels has agreed to a $500,000 payment to settle a dispute over her arrest by a Salt Lake City police officer after she barred him from drawing blood from an unconscious patient, her attorney said Tuesday.
Police Chief Mike Brown fired Payne on Oct. 10 and demoted Tracy to the rank of officer. Both men have appealed the punishment to the Salt Lake City Civil Service Commission.

Wubbels said Tuesday she hopes the disciplinary measures are upheld. “I will be very disappointed if they aren’t,” she said.
Good. Watching that guy behave like a fascist and give other LEO’s bad rep. made me ill.

1911 10MM

Post by 1911 10MM »

She didn’t get near enough in my opinion.

flechero

Post by flechero »

1911 10MM wrote:She didn’t get near enough in my opinion.
Her treatment was terrible but that's a lot of money. That's somewhere between 5-10 years salary for her.

Maybe they should have the officers repay part of the debt personally to the city. Something along the lines of 10% seems like it would get the attention of anyone thinking they were above the law, next time.

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

E.Marquez wrote:
Dad24GreatKids wrote:
Cop involved fired
Assuming the Chief knew something we do not,,,,perhaps no, firing was not appropriate .. Perhaps it was deemed a poor choice, one made without all the available facts...which brings in the question of lack of good reasoning and judgment and thus the reduction in rank, position and authority.
If my employee asks me whether they should drag the police chief's wife out of a building, put her in handcuffs, and throw her in the back of a car for a bit all because she was trying to stop them from doing something illegal, and I say "yep, go right ahead", I'm sure the police chief will understand that it was just a poor choice made by me, and not one that deserves me being fired, or anything severe like that.

MechAg94

Post by MechAg94 »

I suspect to get more she would have to go through the time and effort of a trial. Not sure if the lawyer's percentage is the same.

pbwalker
Posts in topic: 1

Post by pbwalker »

flechero wrote:
Her treatment was terrible but that's a lot of money. That's somewhere between 5-10 years salary for her.

Maybe they should have the officers repay part of the debt personally to the city. Something along the lines of 10% seems like it would get the attention of anyone thinking they were above the law, next time.
Sure, it's a lot of $$ to her. To the PD, I'd imagine it's covered by insurance. Any LEO care to keep me honest here?

I'd be all for the officer paying for part of it. I'd also like to see a written and televised apology. None of this "SLCPD has apologized..." in an article.
*NRA Endowment Member* | Veteran
Vote Adam Kraut for the NRA Board of Directors - http://www.adamkraut.com/

Return to “The Crime Blotter”