Shooting at Twin Peaks in Waco

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

talltex
Posts in topic: 17

Re: Shooting at Twin Peaks in Waco

Post by talltex »

Yep... and the blanket arrest with everyone there being charged with criminal conspiracy/racketeering. A lot of the people there were not Bandidos or Cossacks and were not there to get into a brawl or shootout and still wound up sitting in jail for weeks unable to get bail set. I think there will wind up being a bunch of lawsuits filed against McLennan County and Waco PD by the time it's all sorted out.
"I looked out under the sun and saw that the race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong" Ecclesiastes 9:11

"The race may not always go to the swift or the battle to the strong, but that's the way the smart money bets" Damon Runyon

Rpenn57
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Rpenn57 »

There was a one hour special on CNN Monday night about all this. Things are still very confusing. Plenty of blame to go all around.

JustSomeOldGuy
Posts in topic: 2

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

The legal fiasco is still dragging on....

http://www.wacotrib.com/news/courts_and ... 71a4c.html
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

Liberty
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Liberty »

All this stems from a group of biker badguys insisting that they have the right to tell others whether they can where the name "Texas" on their clothing.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

OldCurlyWolf

Post by OldCurlyWolf »

Liberty wrote:All this stems from a group of biker badguys insisting that they have the right to tell others whether they can where(wear) the name "Texas" on their clothing.
Just being a SA, but don't you just love spell check without grammar check?
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.

mojohn

Post by mojohn »

McLennan County District Attorney Abel Reyna asked Thursday to be recused from the second trial scheduled in the Twin Peaks biker shootout
http://www.wacotrib.com/news/twin-peaks ... d9efc.html

bmwrdr
Posts in topic: 1

Post by bmwrdr »

JustSomeOldGuy wrote:The legal fiasco is still dragging on....

... burning our tax dollar at a fast rate!
I scarified political correctness to preserve honesty ︻╦̵̵͇̿̿̿̿══╤─

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Beiruty »

Liberty wrote:All this stems from a group of biker badguys insisting that they have the right to tell others whether they can where the name "Texas" on their clothing.
No it about paying, $10,000 per month per Chapter (Bikers safe house), where Kazaks refused to pay.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

MechAg94
Posts in topic: 8

Post by MechAg94 »

Wow. What a mess. I realize some of these guys aren't angels, but justice should move better than that. And these are just the first couple of trials.

So are any of the bikers accused of murder?

dlh
Posts in topic: 9

Post by dlh »

MechAg94 wrote:

Wow. What a mess. I realize some of these guys aren't angels, but justice should move better than that. And these are just the first couple of trials.

Appears to be "scorched earth" defense tactics. The article is dated September 1st...anybody know the current status of this case?
Please know and follow the rules of firearms safety.

mojohn

Post by mojohn »

dlh wrote:
MechAg94 wrote:

Appears to be "scorched earth" defense tactics. The article is dated September 1st...anybody know the current status of this case?

http://www.wacotrib.com/news/courts_and ... 81f59.html

maverick2076
Posts in topic: 6

Post by maverick2076 »

Beiruty wrote:
Liberty wrote:All this stems from a group of biker badguys insisting that they have the right to tell others whether they can where the name "Texas" on their clothing.
No it about paying, $10,000 per month per Chapter (Bikers safe house), where Kazaks refused to pay.

LOL. You need to stop watching bad TV. There is not a shred of fact in your statement about the MC community.

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Beiruty »

maverick2076 wrote:
Beiruty wrote:

LOL. You need to stop watching bad TV. There is not a shred of fact in your statement about the MC community.
Both Bandidos and Kazaks are 1% bikers.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

MechAg94
Posts in topic: 8

Post by MechAg94 »

I find it a little odd, but I guess the forensic evidence would rule out the idea of the police shooting some of the victims. I am curious what evidence they have that specific people did the shooting. Supposedly there was a lot of video so we will see when that goes public.

Can they show which people fired weapons and then prosecute them as accessories to murder even if they can't prove it was them that killed the victim?

maverick2076
Posts in topic: 6

Post by maverick2076 »

Beiruty wrote:
maverick2076 wrote:
Beiruty wrote:

Both Bandidos and Kazaks are 1% bikers.
Which makes nothing about what you said true. I am a member of a Veterans MA. My wife is a member of an MC. I know and associate with members of a lot of MC's, RC's and MA's, including 1% Clubs. There is zero fact in anything you posed above. If you have an actual source for your information, feel free to post it.

BTW, is spelled Cossacks, not Kazaks.

Return to “Off-Topic”