Called out in church on my CC

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

montgomery
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Called out in church on my CC

Post by montgomery »

Pritchical wrote:Thanks for the welcomes, guys. I do have a belt holster. I wear it around my home mainly to break it in. It's tough leather. With winter coming up, I plan to start using it to conceal under a coat. You're right, I shouldn't worry about comfort, but if it is something I can attain, I should try to dress appropriately. :cheers2:
May I suggest placing your firearm inside a heavy duty freezer zip lock bag, then put that bag inside another heavy duty freezer zip lock bag, then place into your leather holster for a week. At the end of that week, your holster will have adequate "break in" to be snug yet not have a vacuum lock effect.

Also, make sure you have a quality gun belt - and cinch that belt tight or you will have just enough play to not have a clean fast draw stroke. My belt is cinched TWO holes TIGHTER when i carry versus a "normal" feel.

Hope this helps.

Lynyrd
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Lynyrd »

MaduroBU wrote:My church (PC-USA) is posted with giant 30.06 and 30.07 signs in the atrium. I think that I feel more strongly about that today than yesterday.
Luke 22:36 And he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.
Do what you say you're gonna do.

flechero
Posts in topic: 5

Post by flechero »

montgomery wrote: Also, make sure you have a quality gun belt - and cinch that belt tight or you will have just enough play to not have a clean fast draw stroke. My belt is cinched TWO holes TIGHTER when i carry versus a "normal" feel.
Just one man's opinion here... one of the many benefits of a good gunbelt is that you won't have to cinch it down super tight. I think it's way more comfortable, not to mention better for your back and hips not to have that much pressure on them.

oljames3
Posts in topic: 4

Post by oljames3 »

I carry openly in my church except during worship in the sanctuary, where I conceal. My Kore Essentials gun belt easily carries my S&W M&P Mod 2.0, 9mm, 5inch, in it's Safariland ALS with two extra mags on the other side. And phone. And tourniquet. All without tightening anymore than without the gear. Works for me.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

Topic author
allisji
Posts in topic: 9

Post by allisji »

I have not gone unarmed in church since I got my LTC two years ago. Now I might start thinking about carrying spare magazines though.
LTC since 2015
I have contacted my state legislators urging support of Constitutional Carry Legislation HB 1927

Pritchical

Post by Pritchical »

montgomery wrote:
Pritchical wrote:Thanks for the welcomes, guys. I do have a belt holster. I wear it around my home mainly to break it in. It's tough leather. With winter coming up, I plan to start using it to conceal under a coat. You're right, I shouldn't worry about comfort, but if it is something I can attain, I should try to dress appropriately. :cheers2:
May I suggest placing your firearm inside a heavy duty freezer zip lock bag, then put that bag inside another heavy duty freezer zip lock bag, then place into your leather holster for a week. At the end of that week, your holster will have adequate "break in" to be snug yet not have a vacuum lock effect.

Also, make sure you have a quality gun belt - and cinch that belt tight or you will have just enough play to not have a clean fast draw stroke. My belt is cinched TWO holes TIGHTER when i carry versus a "normal" feel.

Hope this helps.
Good info. I do have a good belt. It's a 511 tactical. That's a good idea about the freezer bags. At the moment I don't have another carry option though.

Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

Our church had a board meeting tonight and our last order of business was church security. Right now we have 3 confirmed CC persons and maybe more. We are a small congregation and still meeting in a hotel conference room. We are in the process of securing our first property. As such we have already begun the process of looking into all of our options. I have already confirmed a seat at the Prestonwood Baptist Church Security seminar on Dec. 5th.

flechero
Posts in topic: 5

Post by flechero »

Pritchical wrote:
Good info. I do have a good belt. It's a 511 tactical. That's a good idea about the freezer bags. At the moment I don't have another carry option though.
One thickness and just leave it in overnight, to start. Then reassess... I've rarely had to repeat a 2nd or 3rd night, and only once needed 2 bags thick. Your holster should be snug and well fitted, not too small so that it needs significant stretching.

Pritchical

Post by Pritchical »

Tex1961 wrote:I have already confirmed a seat at the Prestonwood Baptist Church Security seminar on Dec. 5th.
I will see you there then.
flechero wrote:One thickness and just leave it in overnight, to start. Then reassess... I've rarely had to repeat a 2nd or 3rd night, and only once needed 2 bags thick. Your holster should be snug and well fitted, not too small so that it needs significant stretching.
Thanks for the suggestion. I should have clarified though... it's not really too tight on my gun. It's just so rigid it doesn't want to curve around the contour of my waist. I've started leaving a belt in it, overtight, overnight to see if that will soften it up.

Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

Pritchical wrote:
Tex1961 wrote:I have already confirmed a seat at the Prestonwood Baptist Church Security seminar on Dec. 5th.
I will see you there then.
flechero wrote:One thickness and just leave it in overnight, to start. Then reassess... I've rarely had to repeat a 2nd or 3rd night, and only once needed 2 bags thick. Your holster should be snug and well fitted, not too small so that it needs significant stretching.
Thanks for the suggestion. I should have clarified though... it's not really too tight on my gun. It's just so rigid it doesn't want to curve around the contour of my waist. I've started leaving a belt in it, overtight, overnight to see if that will soften it up.
Looking forward to it.

Does anyone know if PBC has any 30.06 or 30.07 signs up? That would be a bit ironic if they do....

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”