According to reports: Samaritan Helps Stop Chase

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
mojo84
Posts in topic: 2

According to reports: Samaritan Helps Stop Chase

Post by mojo84 »

Here's an interesting scenario. Ongoing police chase of a stolen pickup and a good Samaritan steps in and shoots out one of the truck's tires. I wonder what the cops' thoughts are regarding the assistance.

http://www.kwch.com/content/news/WATCH- ... 77933.html
Last edited by mojo84 on Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

SewTexas
Posts in topic: 3

Re: According to reports: Samaritan Helps Stop Chase

Post by SewTexas »

I was actually watching this when the guy did it. He was an idiot, he'd apparently been watching the chase on tv. The BG had pulled into a dead end drive and had pulled a toolbox out of the bed of the truck....the was after OKC police had dropped back and before Moore City police picked up the chase.....back to the story....so, BG is on a dead end street, strange guy no one knows pulls up, points a gun at BG, helicopter dude is freaking out trying to figure out who this is, BG runs back into his truck where NO ONE knows if there is a weapon!, shooter shoots out tires....BG keeps driving for another HOUR! the poor owner will never get the alignment right. (I got a lot of jewelry made during the chase)
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Topic author
mojo84
Posts in topic: 2

Post by mojo84 »

I didn't know the chase continued for another hour after the guy shot the tires.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

TreyHouston
Posts in topic: 1

Post by TreyHouston »

Open season on bad guys? I take it cops arrested the shooter?
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

mojo84 wrote:I didn't know the chase continued for another hour after the guy shot the tires.
I watched it for a little while and decided the shooter had missed....went, showered my MIL and myself, ate, and they still hadn't caught the guy when I was finished and had to leave the house....I caught the "catch" on a replay later. OK apparently has a "we'll catch them eventually" policy. :lol: The guy was tearing up fields....it was crazy.....wouldn't have happened in Texas.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

TreyHouston wrote:Open season on bad guys? I take it cops arrested the shooter?

it would be interesting to see what happens about him. I think there probably ought to be something....I'm not sure what, but something. A CHL isn't a badge.
~Tracy

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

:shock:

We need a facepalm emoticon.

Make that a double facepalm.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

He isn't a Samaritan.

He's a dangerous wannabee...

JustSomeOldGuy

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

If no firearms were used in stealing the truck, and the entire rampage took place in areas where only crops and livestock were at risk, are you really justified in using deadly force to terminate what is solely a property crime? I'd have to vote 'no' on that one. And you don't even need to make the effort to be a good witness if it's already being livestreamed on facebook. Crooks really should study the fifth amendment. Providing exhibit A for your own conviction is like that Ron White shtick about "I had the right to remain silent....but I didn't have the ability".

Cop's thoughts were probably along the lines of
- deadly conduct
- firing across a public road
- disturbing the peace
- (fill in the blank)
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

Return to “The Crime Blotter”