Former Texas official arrested in probe of prosecutors' slay

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
JALLEN
Posts in topic: 8

Re: Former Texas official arrested in probe of prosecutors'

Post by JALLEN »

Keith B wrote:They now have a confession from the wife that they committed the murder of all three individuals and that the husband was the one that pulled the trigger. All over being fired for stealing computer monitors. :mad5
and convicted, and disbarred, his life ruined!

Some people have a hard time connecting their troubles with their own acts or omissions.
Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

baldeagle
Posts in topic: 5

Post by baldeagle »

Keith B wrote:They now have a confession from the wife that they committed the murder of all three individuals and that the husband was the one that pulled the trigger. All over being fired for stealing computer monitors. :mad5
Wow! Just wow! I'm stunned.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

JALLEN wrote:

Some people have a hard time connecting their troubles with their own acts or omissions.
He may not be a lawyer. You don't have to be a lawyer to be a Justice of the Peace in Texas. It's an elected position and has original jurisdiction for criminal cases that can result in a fine only and exclusive jurisdiction for all civil matters involving $200 or less.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison

Topic author
JALLEN

Post by JALLEN »

baldeagle wrote:
JALLEN wrote:

He may not be a lawyer. You don't have to be a lawyer to be a Justice of the Peace in Texas. It's an elected position and has original jurisdiction for criminal cases that can result in a fine only and exclusive jurisdiction for all civil matters involving $200 or less.
There was a reference in one of the stories that he had lost his law license, disbarred as a result of conviction of a crime of moral turpitude. I guess it is the same in Texas as here. Here in California, though, you wait some suitable period, 5 years or so, and re-apply and if you've kept your nose clean, you might get re-admitted. A man, whose kid was on the Little League team I was commissioner of years go, was elected President of the County Bar Association and sworn into office, only to be removed about 2 months later when he was arrested for fencing stolen property. He was convicted, disbarred in due course, and he's back. Unbelievable! I believe a friend of mine convicted 20 years ago of securities fraud is now re-admitted as well.
Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

fickman
Posts in topic: 1

Post by fickman »

Native Texian

surprise_i'm_armed
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

The JP entered the Kaufman County courthouse on a Sunday to steal the 3 computer monitors.

He was prosecuted by the 2 men he eventually murdered, lost his job and his law license.
He was sentenced to probation.

The former JP has made previous death threats to a former girlfriend and a local attorney.

He had a friend rent a large storage space in Seagoville, Texas (near Kaufman & Forney) under the friend's name,
believing that the LEO's would not be able to tie him to that storage unit. WRONG. Inside the storage unit the
LEO's found a vehicle (cop-style white Ford Crown Victoria) related to murders 2 and 3, as well as 20 firearms.

The 20 firearms are being ballistically tested to see if any of them are the murder weapons.

Although the 2nd prosecutor to be killed had loaded firearms all over his house, he was murdered in his PJ's,
taken by surprise. One story I heard said that the front door was kicked in, but another theory is that Mrs. JP
may have knocked on the door. If the murder victim did not know her, he might have opened the door.

Details will take a while to emerge regarding the actual events.

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

texanjoker

Post by texanjoker »

jail time should be fun as well since the crooks won't like a former JP...

Topic author
JALLEN

Post by JALLEN »

texanjoker wrote:

Don't you guys still have, and use as needed, the death penalty?

jmra

Post by jmra »

JALLEN wrote:
texanjoker wrote:

I wonder if she cut a deal for her confession.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

C-dub
Posts in topic: 2

Post by C-dub »

JALLEN wrote:
texanjoker wrote:

Yes we do! And it might be applied here because this will be Capital Murder.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

JALLEN wrote:
texanjoker wrote:

Um, yes.

texanjoker

Post by texanjoker »

baldeagle wrote:
JALLEN wrote:
texanjoker wrote:

Um, yes.
Yup..but he still has to sit in jail as a former JP awaiting trial, and the execution... .

Topic author
JALLEN

Post by JALLEN »

texanjoker wrote:
Yup..but he still has to sit in jail as a former JP awaiting trial, and the execution... .
Well, as The Old Rancher used to say, "there is always a disadvantage in messing up."

bizarrenormality

Post by bizarrenormality »

They were indicted this week. I don't think they'll make bail. nbcnews link
Eric Williams, who practiced family law in Kaufman County for more than 10 years according to the AP, is being held in lieu of $23 million bail; Kim Williams is being held on lieu of $10 million bail.

ELB
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Former Texas official arrested in probe of prosecutors' slay

Post by ELB »

Follow-up:

Eric Williams was convicted of capital murder(s) and sentenced to death on 17 Dec 2014. The article below about his wife says that same year his law license, previously suspended, was revoked. However the TDCJ info on him says highest grade level completed is "GED." ??
https://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/death_row/ ... seric.html

His wife Kimberly Lene Williams testified against him at trial, and two weeks later pled guilty to murder and received a 40 year sentence, eligible for parole in 20. She testified that she and her husband also planned to kill a couple judges, but were arrested before they could do so. She pled guilty in the same court room that her husband had been convicted of stealing the computer equipment in.
https://www.dallasnews.com/news/crime/2 ... -in-prison
https://offender.tdcj.texas.gov/Offende ... d=50271711

There are a surprising number (6) of women named Kim or Kimberly Williams in the TDCJ system.
USAF 1982-2005

Return to “The Crime Blotter”