PA: Philly wants "Freedom to rob". Bill to ban bulletproof glass passes committee

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

howdy
Posts in topic: 1

Re: PA: Philly wants "Freedom to rob". Bill to ban bulletproof glass passes committee

Post by howdy »

philip964 wrote:The Houston Bank of America I use has the plexiglass barriers. It's in a reasonably safe area. The criminals can't shoot the tellers, but they can put a gun to the head of a customer and demand money. Yes and the bank is posted. All of them are.
I would find a new bank.
Texas LTC Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Life Patron Member TSRA Member
USMC 1972-1979

LDB415

Re: PA: Philly wants "Freedom to rob". Bill to ban bulletproof glass passes committee

Post by LDB415 »

Dumber than dirt leftist morons. They are the enemies within, a cancer that will kill this nation and is too virulent and widespread to be eradicated.
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 2

Post by bblhd672 »

LDB415 wrote:Dumber than dirt leftist morons. They are the enemies within, a cancer that will kill this nation and is too virulent and widespread to be eradicated.
Mostly :iagree: They just need incentive to rethink their positions.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

twomillenium
Posts in topic: 3

Post by twomillenium »

philip964 wrote:The Houston Bank of America I use has the plexiglass barriers. It's in a reasonably safe area. The criminals can't shoot the tellers, but they can put a gun to the head of a customer and demand money. Yes and the bank is posted. All of them are.
This is a bit late but I just read this and I have to say that the two Bank of America banks I do business with in Houston are NOT posted. I have been to one other in Houston and it was not posted.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

NotRPB

Post by NotRPB »

twomillenium wrote:
This is a bit late but I just read this and I have to say that the two Bank of America banks I do business with in Houston are NOT posted. I have been to one other in Houston and it was not posted.
well, according to a few liberals, all they need is a sign right? This should prevent any robberies

treadlightly

Post by treadlightly »

NotRPB wrote:
twomillenium wrote:
well, according to a few liberals, all they need is a sign right? This should prevent any robberies
I know that was posted as a joke and it aligns with my thinking, but what if I'm wrong? What if armed robbers are actually really smart and play the law like an investment banker plays the market?

What if armed robbers strike where 30.06/.07 are posted because they carefully researched and discovered 30.06 and 30.07 don't apply to the general public, only license holders? Not having an LTC is almost a license to commit mayhem! Quick, license us all before it's too late for the children!

I jest, of course, but what if it were that simple, post a sign? We'd all be perfectly safe in what we just thought were Piers Morgan's anti-gun delusions.

And, somewhere, over a rainbow, bluebirds fly...

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

NotRPB wrote:
twomillenium wrote:
If the robber does not wear a cap then the sign would not apply! :evil2:
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Another lost to the criminal class U.S. city.

Sigh..., thankfully I'll never go there.

What, you say I won a free trip there, all expenses paid and more...no, no thanks.

spectre
Banned

Post by spectre »

The only good thing is it doesn't go into effect immediately, so the small business owners have time to close shop in an orderly way and move someplace safer and saner.
I'm in a good place right now
Not emotionally or financially
But I am at the gun store

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

I hope these business close up shop and leave.

Their being forced into criminal abidance is nonsense...

Were I were in the business of selling necessary this or that, but you as the government made certain I was reduced to absolute victim-hood, adios...Your community can do without me and my business.

Then, when the dirt bags have no easy marks, can't find cigarettes and beer easy to steal, or victims to hold up, I'd laugh and laugh and laugh...
Last edited by Abraham on Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

boxermoose

Post by boxermoose »

twomillenium wrote:If the robber does not wear a cap then the sign would not apply! :evil2:
I was thinking you can't rob somebody wearing mittens

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

boxermoose wrote:
twomillenium wrote:If the robber does not wear a cap then the sign would not apply! :evil2:
I was thinking you can't rob somebody wearing mittens
LOL I am thinking you can if don't wear a cap or make them raise up their hands. :biggrinjester:

Return to “Off-Topic”