TX: Houston couple tied up and murdered by robbers

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 3

TX: Houston couple tied up and murdered by robbers

Post by philip964 »

https://www.click2houston.com/news/3-ar ... ources-say

The three men were spotted slipping under the gated communities entrance by a surveillance camera. Apparently the Lincoln Navigator was enough for someone to recognize them and collect the reward.

It sounded like the group surprised them in the garage.

Even though it resembled a gang land execution of the husband and wife, it was just a simple robbery.

RIP, they were apparently well respected and hard working Spring area couple.

dino9832
Posts in topic: 1

Re: TX: Houston couple tied up and murdered by robbers

Post by dino9832 »

Those punks have no respect or decency whatsoever!
They even hung around the house for hours like it was their own.
Investigators said the video indicates that the Lams’ killers returned to the home several times between their initial attack Thursday night and when the couple’s bodies were found Saturday evening.
Seriously? I think there's a lesson here. Never underestimate the cold brutality and selfishness of some people. The sense of entitlement they have for YOUR possessions. They don't think like the average person. The only thing stopping them is the fear of they themselves losing something!

Around December last year, an elderly couple was robbed in front of their home about a mile from where I live. We live out in the country. It's not uncommon for people to have a gate for livestock on their property. Apparently, they had a pickup truck behind them as they stopped at their gate.
A guy jumped out and fired a shotgun into the ground! Demanded the wallet of the neighbor that lived there.
A wallet! People don't even carry that much cash these days. I'm just glad that's all that happened. It could have been way worse.

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

And my wife still asks me why I need to have a gun on my hip at home, in our un-gated community. I think I will send her this article.

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

People like these three makes it kinda' hard for me to embrace the BLM movement.

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Oldgringo wrote:People like these three makes it kinda' hard for me to embrace the BLM movement.
I'm sure we will see the leaders of the BLM movement holding rallies to denounce this type of senseless violence. Maybe they will get Houston's own esteemed congresswoman SJL to take the lead. They are probably just waiting for her first class upgrade to clear so she can fly home from DC where she is doing important work like voting against funding for our military and for poor kids who need medical care.

I am just so darned proud to have her working for us all!

kw5kw

Post by kw5kw »

A couple of years ago we had drug dealers in a rent house across the street. We had security cameras before they moved in and one night the man came across the street and threatened me because of them. Well, it was because of the camera's I was able to document the hundreds of cars and individuals that came to "visit" these people with and average stay of less than 3 minutes. I even caught video of people using the drugs in front of the house after going in. It was this video, along with the log book that I kept detailing the vehicles with dates and times that eventually resulted in warrants and arrests. Heck I even had video and stills of their son mooning us.

For this reason I don't go unarmed. Who knows if they will hold a grudge?
Russ
kw5kw

Retired DPS Communications Operator PCO III January 2014.

MechAg94

Post by MechAg94 »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:And my wife still asks me why I need to have a gun on my hip at home, in our un-gated community. I think I will send her this article.
Yep. You never know when or where. You might be out mowing.

OneGun

Post by OneGun »

May the couple RIP, and sympathies to their family. May the bad guys suffer severe pain and discomfort for what little time they have before they are executed.
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

I used to laugh at people who carried inside their homes or while working in their yard.

No longer.

While I live in the country and know most of my neighbors who're gun people in general, none of us take for granted we're immune from criminals looking to take advantage...

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

MechAg94 wrote:
Soccerdad1995 wrote:And my wife still asks me why I need to have a gun on my hip at home, in our un-gated community. I think I will send her this article.
Yep. You never know when or where. You might be out mowing.
I suspect they felt safe in their surburban gated community. They may have been targeted as they owned several Subway restaurants or they left their garage door up, so they were selected that way. BG's hid in the garage and surprised them when they returned home.

Had they been carrying, it mostly would have turned out differently. As my wife mentioned, no where is safe anymore.

One man has confessed. The other two were not cooperating. I suspect the non trigger man who most likely confessed "the other two guys shot them" will cooperate for a life sentence.

rotor

Post by rotor »

OneGun wrote:May the couple RIP, and sympathies to their family. May the bad guys suffer severe pain and discomfort for what little time they have before they are executed.
We can wish. 20 years from now perhaps they will be executed.

ELB

Post by ELB »

Even if carrying, a robbery is going to require a perhaps instantaneous decision between "If I give them what they want maybe the will go away without hurting anyone. Or not" and "If I fight back I might win (i.e. come out unharmed). Or not."

But for dang sure do not let them tie you up, nor take you to another room or place or vehicle. Time to fight, armed or not.
USAF 1982-2005

Pilgrim

Post by Pilgrim »

rotor wrote:
We can wish. 20 years from now perhaps they will be executed.[/quote]

Exactly!

Ecclesiastes 8:11-13King James Version (KJV)
11 Because sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the heart of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil.

This is just one of the reasons why our justice system is not as effective as it should be.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

Surprise, surprise, they were all denied bond.

http://abc13.com/suspect-in-spring-coup ... n/2966195/

One of the suspects just got out of prison just two months ago. He served only 3 years of a 30 year sentence.

Apparently the gates can be walked around, didnt have to squeeze underneath. Gates are to keep cars out.
Last edited by philip964 on Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

philip964 wrote:Surprise, surprise, they were all denied bond.

http://abc13.com/suspect-in-spring-coup ... n/2966195/

One of the suspects just got out of prison just a little while ago. He served only 3 years of a 30 year sentence.

Apparently the gates can be walked around, didnt have to squeeze underneath. Gates are to keep cars out.
Right. Unmanned gates are simply there to limit vehicular access. In this case having a gate attendant, vs. only cameras, might have served as a sufficient deterrent. Very sad and a lesson learned too late. I hope the perps are convicted and executed swiftly and mercilessly.
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Return to “The Crime Blotter”