MSNBC Host: Handgun Bullets Are Ineffective In Stopping School Shooters Because They're Too Slow

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

MaduroBU
Posts in topic: 1

Re: MSNBC Host: Handgun Bullets Are Ineffective In Stopping School Shooters Because They're Too Slow

Post by MaduroBU »

Whenever an opponent makes a laughable error, I believe that we should encourage them to expound upon their flawed reasoning before addressing the flaws.

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 2

Re: MSNBC Host: Handgun Bullets Are Ineffective In Stopping School Shooters Because They're Too Slow

Post by Oldgringo »

Who amonst us watches "The View", MSNBC, CNN and the other left wing, racist fecal matter on cable TV? Please do not defile my CHL forum with their vile excretions.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Oldgringo wrote:Who amonst us watches "The View", MSNBC, CNN and the other left wing, racist fecal matter on cable TV? Please do not defile my CHL forum with their vile excretions.
But sometimes they're better than the Sunday funny papers.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

C-dub wrote:
Oldgringo wrote:Who amonst us watches "The View", MSNBC, CNN and the other left wing, racist fecal matter on cable TV? Please do not defile my CHL forum with their vile excretions.
Our TV's have "OFF" buttons and.....

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

I refuse to watch any of them, I rely on this forum, and Newsbusters.com, to keep me updated, on the hilarity. I already have high blood pressure issues, and watching any of those networks, would be hazardous to my health. I am currently researching the possibility, of filing a clas action lawsuit, against all of the MSM, to see if I can file for potential compensation, for the emotional, and physical distress they cause.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

ET-Ret

Post by ET-Ret »

I think Mr. Robert Peterson convinced me that is not true. You can spell Peterson as Guns & Ammo.
6 rounds from a Model 29 with Norma soft steel bullets dropped a very large AK Brown bear over 10" . Bear died.
Bob covered his bet with 2 friends with large rifles ( 458 Win and a 416 Rigby) They never had to fire a shot.
Its all in the history book now. In a 1959 Lyman cast bullet handbook a man Named Mason Williams was shootings holes through steel plate.
Playing with guns is fun but it is always dangerous.
ET-ret

E10

Post by E10 »

Mxrdad wrote:Oh, don't forget, I think there are some claims that some bullets can magically "swerve" around corners too. I am so old-school. Mine have none of these magical powers.
Wait, maybe Ammo Depot sent me some o' those swerving bullets by mistake. It would explain why my shot groups are so large.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Oldgringo wrote:
C-dub wrote:
Our TV's have "OFF" buttons and.....
Just teasing. I can't watch them on my own, so I never do. The only time I see PMSNBC is when I arrive at work and catch one of my co-workers watching it during her lunch break. She's a HUGE liberal and the only one in my lab. She's gotten to where she changes the channel when I arrive because she's tired of hearing me laugh at and poke holes in nearly everything they say.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

TexDotCom

Post by TexDotCom »

E10 wrote:
Mxrdad wrote:Oh, don't forget, I think there are some claims that some bullets can magically "swerve" around corners too. I am so old-school. Mine have none of these magical powers.
Wait, maybe Ammo Depot sent me some o' those swerving bullets by mistake. It would explain why my shot groups are so large.

:smilelol5: :smilelol5: Well played, E10. :clapping: :tiphat:

:txflag:

imkopaka

Post by imkopaka »

Pawpaw wrote:https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa ... t-n2453904
MSNBC anchors are claiming that teachers armed with handguns would be unable to stop a school shooter because rifles shoot “three times faster.”

Anchor Lawrence O’Donnell said on his show Thursday night that “a bullet fired from an AR-15 travels 3x faster than one from a handgun…and yet the president and the NRA think giving teachers guns will stop a school shooter.”
:banghead:
This came across my Facebook feed this morning. I had to put the phone down so I could face palm with both hands. :banghead:
Never bring a knife to a gun fight.
Carry gun: Springfield XD Tactical .45

Maxwell

Post by Maxwell »

TexDotCom wrote:
E10 wrote:

:smilelol5: :smilelol5: Well played, E10. :clapping: :tiphat:

:txflag:
"rlol" "rlol" "rlol" "rlol" "rlol" "rlol"
I never let schooling interfere with my education. Mark Twain

ninjabread

Post by ninjabread »

The thread title contains "MSNBC"

This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

I'm pretty sure 990 fps 230 gr hydrashoks fired from my pistol would have absolutely no effect on a bad guy, this is why I carry them! :roll:
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

flashman

Post by flashman »

Too a point, that is correct. A rifle round is better at "stopping" anybody.

Maybe we should arm the teachers with ARs. I might even start carrying my M4gery around...

treadlightly

Post by treadlightly »

A handgun is ineffective against a rifle? Doesn’t the killing usually stop with the first return fire, regardless of kinetic energy?

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”