Hotel info

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Stormvet
Posts in topic: 3

Hotel info

Post by Stormvet »

Wife called and made reservations at a Waco hotel and before she hung up the person who took the info told her that no firearms are permitted inside the building even if you have a cancelled carry license. Why would they say that over the phone? Is that a way of saying we have a 30.06 sign.

flechero
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Hotel info

Post by flechero »

I'd call back and cancel the reservation- and be sure to tell them why! There are other places to stay.

Grundy1133

Post by Grundy1133 »

i agree... cancel your reservation.... also someone cited the penal code saying that hotels cant prevent you from having a firearm in your hotel room. its considered a temporary residence. you could just sneak it in. ;-) ;-) .im jk about sneaking it in... i dont condone that.... cancel ur reservation and go somewhere else...
NRA Member

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

It's the law.

Sec. 2155.101 Thru Sec. 2155.103 of the Texas government Code states that if a Hotel/Motel has restrictions on firearms on their property they must display that on their website. If a hotel provides a written confirmation or a written statement of terms and conditions to a consumer after accepting the consumer’s hotel reservation by telephone, the hotel shall include information specifying how the consumer may review applicable guest policies. The guest policies must indicate the hotel’s policy regarding the possession, storage, and transportation of firearms by guests. The hotel can be fined if they do not list their restrictions. Many hotels give you a verbal as well to advise when making reservations.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Topic author
Stormvet

Post by Stormvet »

But does this mean they have a sign or just their preference? Nothing on their website says anything about firearms permitted or not.

Grundy1133

Post by Grundy1133 »

Stormvet wrote:But does this mean they have a sign or just their preference? Nothing on their website says anything about firearms permitted or not.
hmmm and legally it has to be on their website right?
NRA Member

bayou

Post by bayou »

When you are given verbal notice it is legally binding. It doesn’t matter if it’s not written on their website once verbal notice has been given.

TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

Lots of these types of questions coming up tonight...
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

twomillenium
Posts in topic: 4

Post by twomillenium »

bayou wrote:When you are given verbal notice it is legally binding. It doesn’t matter if it’s not written on their website once verbal notice has been given.
Except for the fact that the law states that they must have it on their website.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

bayou

Post by bayou »

I repectfully disagree. I believe the law you are referencing is for the hotels. If someone gives you verbal notice and they are acting on behalf of the owner you are given notice.

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

bayou wrote:I repectfully disagree. I believe the law you are referencing is for the hotels. If someone gives you verbal notice and they are acting on behalf of the owner you are given notice.
DUH the thread is about hotels hence the thread label "Hotel info".
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

Grundy1133

Post by Grundy1133 »

twomillenium wrote:
bayou wrote:I repectfully disagree. I believe the law you are referencing is for the hotels. If someone gives you verbal notice and they are acting on behalf of the owner you are given notice.
i got in trouble for arguing semantics.... be careful lmao
NRA Member

bayou

Post by bayou »

I guess I misunderstood the OP’s question. I thought they were asking if being told over the phone no firearms allowed was verbal notice (which it is). Someone then referenced a law for hotels stating that they must have written on their website their firearm policy and that there are fines for the hotels if they don’t comply. Sorry for my being dense

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

bayou wrote:I guess I misunderstood the OP’s question. I thought they were asking if being told over the phone no firearms allowed was verbal notice (which it is). Someone then referenced a law for hotels stating that they must have written on their website their firearm policy and that there are fines for the hotels if they don’t comply. Sorry for my being dense
No problem, the way these threads sometimes wander it is easy to forget what the OP was about.

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

Grundy1133 wrote:
twomillenium wrote:
i got in trouble for arguing semantics.... be careful lmao
But you were arguing semantics ....... :lol:

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”