NRA Life Membership reduced price thru March

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
JustSomeOldGuy
Posts in topic: 4

NRA Life Membership reduced price thru March

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

Got my current copy of American Rifleman a few days ago. I see they've extended the "sale" period on Life Memberships through some time in March (previous deadline had been 12-31-2017). You can save $900 off the standard $1500 price, and if you don't have the $600 in one chunk, there is a payment plan option that will still lock in the reduced price. :thumbs2: Tempus Fugit :totap: No-brainer here folks, Life Membership for less than the price of two cases of ammo.....
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

WildBill
Posts in topic: 1

Re: NRA Life Membership reduced price thru March

Post by WildBill »

Bump :clapping:
NRA Endowment Member

MrMcCullster

Post by MrMcCullster »

The person at the NRA that makes those cards probably hates me right now.

I signed up for a year long membership right after the beginning of the year and locked in my $40 dollar a year payment. When I got the mail with my membership card in it for expiration of 2018, I saw that they had an option to add on another year for $20 dollars (half the year payment I just put forth). Hell, why not?

Then, I go online to setup my account and see the promotion online on the member's website for lifetime membership at a discounted rate, and go what the hell, I can not eat lunch for a day a week and do the $25 a month payment plan for the lifetime membership and I pulled the trigger on it.

3 days after I sign up for the lifetime payment plan, I get my second NRA membership card with the expiration date of 2019 with my added year on it.

Now I will have to wait for the lifetime card to come in! DOH!

Sorry for the wasted plastic NRA!

It is a good deal. I opted for the digi-camo bag gift they offered when signing up.

troglodyte

Post by troglodyte »

I went to the NRA website but I don't see anything about reduced lifetime fees. Is there a link?
Talon Firearms Training
Instructor - License To Carry, School Safety, First Responder: Texas DPS, Certified Instructor: Rangemasters/Tom Givens
NRA Instructor - Basic Pistol, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Range Safety Officer
Stop The Bleed Instructor

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

Same
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Topic author
JustSomeOldGuy

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

reduced price for Life Membership still available. Think of it as yet another way to "Stick it to the (liberal/democrat) Man!"

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

MrMcCullster wrote:The person at the NRA that makes those cards probably hates me right now.

I signed up for a year long membership right after the beginning of the year and locked in my $40 dollar a year payment. When I got the mail with my membership card in it for expiration of 2018, I saw that they had an option to add on another year for $20 dollars (half the year payment I just put forth). heck, why not?

Then, I go online to setup my account and see the promotion online on the member's website for lifetime membership at a discounted rate, and go what the heck, I can not eat lunch for a day a week and do the $25 a month payment plan for the lifetime membership and I pulled the trigger on it.

3 days after I sign up for the lifetime payment plan, I get my second NRA membership card with the expiration date of 2019 with my added year on it.

Now I will have to wait for the lifetime card to come in! DOH!

Sorry for the wasted plastic NRA!

It is a good deal. I opted for the digi-camo bag gift they offered when signing up.
I laughed all the way through reading that... Thanks!
Your story is very similar to how I bought my last magazine subscription.. I made myself crazy.. :lol:
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Acronym Esq
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Acronym Esq »

JustSomeOldGuy wrote:I see they've extended the "sale" period on Life Memberships ... No-brainer here folks, Life Membership for less than the price of two cases of ammo.....
The NRA needs to earn my membership. Every year. I won't elect a life time representative of my views. I cut them off for 10 years after Michael Moore used low ball questions and editing to embarrass Charlton Heston in Bowling for Columbine. Did you fire Heston yet?

They need to fear the loss of my money and membership. Just me.

acronym 3/14/2018 12:14 PM

Topic author
JustSomeOldGuy

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

Acronym Esq wrote: Did you fire Heston yet?
Last time I checked, he was STILL dead (April 5, 2008), so you can probably let go and move on to other things now.....

Acronym Esq

Post by Acronym Esq »

JustSomeOldGuy wrote:
Acronym Esq wrote: Did you fire Heston yet?
Last time I checked, he was STILL dead (April 5, 2008), so you can probably let go and move on to other things now.....
Ooops. Sorry. I thought everyone knew he retired as NRA president (death a couple years later). After he was replaced, I was back on with the NRA. Just citing it as an example of a reason someone might disagree with the NRA and not want to be tied to them for life.

acronym 3/14/2018 1:25 PM

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

Acronym Esq wrote:The NRA needs to earn my membership.
Business Insider: The NRA Has Been Outstandingly Successful Where It Really Counts
the organization has had at least 230 full legislative victories on the state level in the past ten years alone
They have earned it. Is your membership current?
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Acronym Esq

Post by Acronym Esq »

Paladin wrote:
Acronym Esq wrote:The NRA needs to earn my membership.
Business Insider: The NRA Has Been Outstandingly Successful Where It Really Counts
the organization has had at least 230 full legislative victories on the state level in the past ten years alone
They have earned it. Is your membership current?
They have. Facing that CNN angry mob TV special and answering questions meant a lot to me. Wasn't perfect, but Ms. Loesch did a much better job than Heston and she had a much tougher crowd.

It is. And I sent them a little extra on the side. Feels like a good time to do that.

acronym 3/14/2018 2:40 PM

lama

Post by lama »

apparently the website to join the NRA is down. I tried on 3 devices and it says unavailable.

Topic author
JustSomeOldGuy

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

lama wrote:apparently the website to join the NRA is down. I tried on 3 devices and it says unavailable.
came up for me just now.

Return to “Off-Topic”