R. Lee Ermey has passed away.

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

LimaCharlie3
Posts in topic: 2

Re: R. Lee Ermey has passed away.

Post by LimaCharlie3 »

LimaCharlie3 wrote:Y’all do know this is another one of those celebrity death hoaxes, right? Just google his name and append “snopes”, “hoax” or “false” to it.
Wow. Couple hours ago even snopes still said it was false - from the first time. Now I looked and it’s all over every news service AND snopes. Fooled me twice.

rtschl

Post by rtschl »

LimaCharlie3 wrote:
LimaCharlie3 wrote:Y’all do know this is another one of those celebrity death hoaxes, right? Just google his name and append “snopes”, “hoax” or “false” to it.
Wow. Couple hours ago even snopes still said it was false - from the first time. Now I looked and it’s all over every news service AND snopes. Fooled me twice.
I wouldn't exactly rely on snopes for accuracy or unbiased fact checking. Though this is a non political story, they aren't the holy grail of internet truth:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kalevleeta ... 43abd4227f

In more recent times, many conservatives have raised concern that Google and Facebook use the likes of Snope for "fact" checking news articles: "rlol"

Which brings up, who fact checks the fact checkers? http://babylonbee.com/news/snopes-launc ... ct-checks/ NOTE: This site is a Christian parody site. Pretty funny stuff their.
Ron
NRA Member

rtschl

Post by rtschl »

Loved his movie and tv work. His Glock commercials were fantastic. One of my favorites:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEjrpdr_1NI
Ron
NRA Member

kayt00
Posts in topic: 1

Post by kayt00 »

Gods speed Gunny. Thank you for everything you have done, from your time in the service to the countless hours of entertainment. The world needs more like you, not less.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Nevermind...
All lost in a tragic kayaking incident.
Bring back BitterClinger

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

My brother-in-law and I met him at the NRA convention in Houston. He was walking past and I asked him to sign our credentials please. He said if he did it for us he'd have to do it for everyone. I asked him since when do jarheads care about what everyone else wanted him to do? He asked me if I was a swabby and I said yes. He paused for a minute and then said "Give me those "blank" credentials". and signed them. He was grinning the whole time. We tanked him for his service and for what he did for the 2A community.

He was a genuine person. What you saw was what you got.

RIP Gunny.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Semper Fi Gunny! Rest In Peace.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Steamboat

Post by Steamboat »

Rest in peace Gunny.
"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there." — Will Rogers

cyphertext

Post by cyphertext »

My son and I met him at the state fair in 2005. I took my challenge coin out of my wallet and gave it to my son and told him to challenge the Gunny. He did, and Gunny pulled out a challenge coin of his own and asked my son if he would like to trade. My son traded away my challenge coin, but he still has Gunny's.

LeonCarr

Post by LeonCarr »

Rest In Peace Gunny.

The next time I go to the range I will shoot my Glock "Cup And Saucer" in your honor.

Just my .02,
LeonCarr
"Whitetail Deer are extinct because of rifles with telescopes mounted on them." - My 11th Grade English Teacher

Treetop

Post by Treetop »

RIP and Semper Fi, Gunny! Treetop
Life Member NRA
PSC member 1984-2015
Texas CHL holder since 1998
Sgt. USMC 1968-1971

Topic author
The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Snopes has confirmed it.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “Off-Topic”