TexasCHLforum Day at PSC Registration Forum Posted

Announcements, questions and comments about this year's event!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 4

TexasCHLforum Day at PSC Registration Forum Posted

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

The 2008 TexasCHLforum Day at PSC final schedule, seminar and clinic descriptions and the Registration Form have been posted on http://www.TexasShooting.com. All of the information is available in the TexasCHLforum Day at PSC menu.

Chas.

Skiprr
Posts in topic: 1

Re: TexasCHLforum Day at PSC Registration Forum Posted

Post by Skiprr »

I dropped my registration form in the mail this morning. Did everybody else? ;-)
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

Filling mine out right now. Will go in the mail this afternoon.
You beat me skiprr:tiphat:
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

Kerbouchard

Post by Kerbouchard »

Do we need to send two seperate registration forms if we are bringing a guest(aka wife) or can we use the same form?

ETA: Nevermind, when I looked at the PDF, I answered my own question. I guess since we will probably participate in different activities, we should fill out seperate forms.

Thanks, anyway.

agbullet2k1
Posts in topic: 2

Post by agbullet2k1 »

Dropped it in the mail tonight. Can't wait to meet everyone!!

EDIT: Just thought of something. If I plan on doing mostly shooting clinics, about how much ammo should I bring? I did a quick search of the other threads, but didn't see it mentioned specifically. Is anyone possibly interested in doing a group bulk order for the day?
Walther P99AS 9mm
Beretta PX4sc 9mm
Walther P99 .40 S&W
FrankenAR-15
Type II Phaser

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

agbullet2k1 wrote:Dropped it in the mail tonight. Can't wait to meet everyone!!

EDIT: Just thought of something. If I plan on doing mostly shooting clinics, about how much ammo should I bring? I did a quick search of the other threads, but didn't see it mentioned specifically. Is anyone possibly interested in doing a group bulk order for the day?
I wish I had a good answer for you. You could really burn up a lot of ammo, if you want to! The Texas Stars and plate rack can eat ammo at an amazing rate. Most of the clinics won't specify the number of rounds to fire during a drill, so it's somewhat up to you to decide how many times to fire during a drill.

I hope others will post their ammo consumption experience; that will be much more helpful. :lol:

Chas.

Jeremae

Post by Jeremae »

Well....

If you can move it all around at one time by yourself and only need a full frame backpack and a wheelbarrow, it is probably not TOO MUCH :fire

I was late last year (got there about noon) and it rained and I only attended 1 shooting clinic and I shot a little over 500 rounds. But I really like the Texas Stars and I don't like taking ammo home from the range.
Reasonable gun control is hitting your target with the first shot.

TraCoun

Post by TraCoun »

Just FYI ... yesterday we got the first 4 registrations .... :clapping:
Don't wait too long, events may fill up quickly ....

Thanx,
TraCoun

mrvmax

Post by mrvmax »

When will we know if our registrations were received? I want to see if I got a slot in the shotgun clinic that Gregg is teaching.

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

mrvmax wrote:When will we know if our registrations were received? I want to see if I got a slot in the shotgun clinic that Gregg is teaching.
I will be sending out confirmation emails two or three times each week. I'll send them daily when we get closer to Sept. 27th.

All four registrations Marc received got everything they wanted.

Chas.

big 54r

Post by big 54r »

If this question is in the wrong place i'm soory but I have an important question.

I need to no if a 22 lr handgun can be used for the handgun clinics: ( basics-shoot n move-ladies only- mainly but also the others)??

my wife is just getting over a major illnes and probably can't fire a full house round all day yet but I want her to get back into shooting and this day is a great tool for re-learning everything she has lost over the last cpl years she's been sick. also her sister is coming and she has never shot before (hence they will start on the basics and ladies only classes!).

also since i'm the only one on this board are they allowed to enroll under my Texaschlforum user name?

also will a 1K brick of 9mm ammo be enuff for the day since that's what i'll be shooting? (cz75b) :patriot: :txflag:

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

Mine is in. The wife is coming this yr. :hurry: :woohoo :thewave
Hers is going in the mail this morning.

Marc please take note :banghead: :banghead: I made a mistake on the first one & corrected it on the one in W. Barbaras registration. Checked classes at the same time. :banghead: :banghead:
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

big 54r wrote:If this question is in the wrong place i'm soory but I have an important question.

I need to no if a 22 lr handgun can be used for the handgun clinics: ( basics-shoot n move-ladies only- mainly but also the others)??

my wife is just getting over a major illnes and probably can't fire a full house round all day yet but I want her to get back into shooting and this day is a great tool for re-learning everything she has lost over the last cpl years she's been sick. also her sister is coming and she has never shot before (hence they will start on the basics and ladies only classes!).

also since i'm the only one on this board are they allowed to enroll under my Texaschlforum user name?

also will a 1K brick of 9mm ammo be enuff for the day since that's what i'll be shooting? (cz75b) :patriot: :txflag:
Anyone can use any caliber handgun they want to use, so your wife's .22 will be fine. Your wife and sister-in-law can just leave the TexasCHLforum user name blank. People don't have to be registered here to attend; we just have that on the registration so we can print it on your name badge.

I hope you do shoot 1,000 rds!! That would mean you had a great time at this year's event. I think that should be plenty, but it is amazing how quickly one can go through ammo.

Chas.

agbullet2k1

Post by agbullet2k1 »

Have another question...in the unfortunate event that my (or anyone else's) firearm becomes so dirty throughout the day that it begins to have malfunctions, is there going to be a place designated for cleaning, or should we just bring a back-up gun?
Walther P99AS 9mm
Beretta PX4sc 9mm
Walther P99 .40 S&W
FrankenAR-15
Type II Phaser

Jeremae

Post by Jeremae »

There are designated safe areas / tables where firearms (but NO ammo) may be handled. Of course you could just get in back of ElGato's truck. It looks like he as a complete gun store in there. :biggrinjester:
Reasonable gun control is hitting your target with the first shot.

Return to “TexasCHLforum Day at PSC 2008”