Mass Shooting in Connecticut-THREAD NAME CHANGE

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

JALLEN
Posts in topic: 8

Re: Mass Shooting in Connecticut-THREAD NAME CHANGE

Post by JALLEN »

The tragedy is hard enough to endure, esepcially for the parents, but there is this:
At a press briefing held by law enforcement officials in Connecticut Saturday morning, spokesman Paul Vance pled with reporters to respect the privacy of grieving families. Vance further stated that troopers had been assigned to the families specifically to protect them from intrusive inquiries from the media.

What does it say about the craven nature of the American media that it isn't a given that you don't hunt down parents who just lost their grade-school aged child in a horrific massacre. Precious police resources are being spent to protect parents from the indecency of the media industry.

It's a safe bet that Diane Sawyer, Katie Couric and Soledad O'Brien have their feelers out already trying to score the "big get" of grieving parents convinced to go on TV to give the networks what they crave. You can already hear Soledad asking a parent who has just lost their little daughter: "What do you say to those who refused to enact stricter gun control laws, knowing that they stood in the way of regulations that could have saved your child?"
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism ... From-Media
Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

Heartland Patriot

Post by Heartland Patriot »

JALLEN wrote:The tragedy is hard enough to endure, esepcially for the parents, but there is this:
At a press briefing held by law enforcement officials in Connecticut Saturday morning, spokesman Paul Vance pled with reporters to respect the privacy of grieving families. Vance further stated that troopers had been assigned to the families specifically to protect them from intrusive inquiries from the media.

What does it say about the craven nature of the American media that it isn't a given that you don't hunt down parents who just lost their grade-school aged child in a horrific massacre. Precious police resources are being spent to protect parents from the indecency of the media industry.

It's a safe bet that Diane Sawyer, Katie Couric and Soledad O'Brien have their feelers out already trying to score the "big get" of grieving parents convinced to go on TV to give the networks what they crave. You can already hear Soledad asking a parent who has just lost their little daughter: "What do you say to those who refused to enact stricter gun control laws, knowing that they stood in the way of regulations that could have saved your child?"
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism ... From-Media
The bulk of the media are leftist vultures...

C-dub
Posts in topic: 2

Post by C-dub »

TexasGal wrote: Why are we not discussing the fact this kid simply shot the glass out of a door and walked right into that school where not one armed person was present who could stop him?
I did hear this on Fox yesterday sometime. The interviewer asked if there were an armed guard at the front door if that would have stopped him. The reply was, "Maybe, or he might have just shot the guard first." They talked about how this school did way more for security than anyone would have thought necessary in this small town. So, maybe they did save some lives.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

pcgizzmo
Posts in topic: 3

Post by pcgizzmo »

I was reading the Dallas Morning News this morning and they put an article from the Washington Post in which the author wrote that the killer had 3 weapons. A Glock, a Sig, and a Bushmaster AR 15. What I found interesting though is the person that wrote the article stated that both the Glock and the Sig could fire 5 rounds per second. Like they were some type or automatic weapon. They also stated a Sig cost $300 but that's nothing major just another example of how bad the media is at getting the facts straight.

This is how things get bent out of proportion. Someone that doesn't know better is going to read that and think "Hmmmm. We need to outlaw those Glocks and Sigs. No one needs a gun that can shoot that many rounds per second.".

stroo
Posts in topic: 3

Post by stroo »

I was wondering why the Oregon mall shooter had not shot more than 3 people before killing himself. Then I read this afternoon that someone with a CHL was carrying and in the vicinity of the shooter. He pulled his gun but didn't shoot because there was someone behind the shooter that might have been hit. Nevertheless, the shooter saw him and apparently at that point took his life.

Meanwhile in CT, no one was armed except the shooter. And far more were killed.

Makes you wonder doesn't it!!

JALLEN
Posts in topic: 8

Post by JALLEN »

stroo wrote:I was wondering why the Oregon mall shooter had not shot more than 3 people before killing himself. Then I read this afternoon that someone with a CHL was carrying and in the vicinity of the shooter. He pulled his gun but didn't shoot because there was someone behind the shooter that might have been hit. Nevertheless, the shooter saw him and apparently at that point took his life.

Meanwhile in CT, no one was armed except the shooter. And far more were killed.

Makes you wonder doesn't it!!
http://texaschlforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=94&t=60301
Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

TexasGal
Posts in topic: 19

Post by TexasGal »

Reportedly Adam Lanza stopped murdering children and shot himself in the head as soon as he heard the police coming. They were coming with guns. A means of stopping him. This is typical of such people. They want killing fields and when a stronger opposition shows up, they cave. I blame the entities and people who believe keeping our teachers and schools disarmed and unable to defend our children is somehow a better plan.
The Only Bodyguard I Can Afford is Me
Texas LTC Instructor Cert
NRA Life Member

TexasGal

Post by TexasGal »

Bloomberg is urging the President to bypass the elected representatives of our nation and just do it his way:

"New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg said Obama could use executive powers to enforce existing gun laws, as well as throw his weight behind legislation like Feinstein's.
"It's time for the president, I think, to stand up and lead and tell this country what we should do — not go to Congress and say, 'What do you guys want to do?'" Bloomberg said.
"

And notice the picture that is featured on this article is a concealed carry class. Like concealed carry had anything to do with this tragedy :banghead:

http://news.yahoo.com/democratic-senato ... itics.html
NRA Life Member

philip964
Posts in topic: 25

Post by philip964 »

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2012/1 ... bject_map=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;{%2210152029325772281%22%3A463309250382985%2C%2210152029324042281%22%3A301844776602323}&action_type_map={%2210152029325772281%22%3A%22og.likes%22%2C%2210152029324042281%22%3A%22og.likes%22}&action_ref_map=[]&mobile=nc

80,000 signatures on the White House petition to do something about all those guns. Probably will get more attention than the one to succeed from the US.

Seems to me there are only 3 solutions.

Allow legal concealed carry at all schools.

Police full time at every school.

The Australian solution.

Anything else is just decoration.

TexasGal

Post by TexasGal »

This poor mom outlines just how terrifying it can be to try to parent a mentally ill child who is dangerous. She has tried to help her child, but there is precious little she can do. Our lawmakers need to read this before they are so quick to attack gun owners:

http://anarchistsoccermom.blogspot.com/ ... kable.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA Life Member

TexasGal

Post by TexasGal »

Media now shifting attention from assault weapons to going after concealed carry:

http://news.yahoo.com/carry-loaded-gun- ... 26857.html
NRA Life Member

Heartland Patriot

Post by Heartland Patriot »

The mass media, being the propaganda arm of the political left, will seize on any and everything to further the aims of their political masters. There is precious little that they "report" that can be taken as true and factual without heavily reading between the lines. And their masters are really in a tizzy after the recent strike-down of Illinois' total ban on conceal carry. As callous as it is to say so, this extremely tragic and disgusting mass murder was a boon for them, whatever reason that spawned it aside. THAT is why I am calling them vultures because they are circling the dead for their political sustenance.

On another note, has anyone else noticed that there are certain members of this forum who have been noticeably absent from any of this discussion that has taken place, despite the intensity and high profile nature of the horrific event? Certainly curious, to me anyway.

Dragonfighter
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Dragonfighter »

jayinsat wrote:Although the left will launch a full assault on gun rights and many of you have blamed movies, games etc, I believe all those reasons miss the mark. Nothing like this happened before God, and more specifically, the fear of The Lord was banned from society and our schools. Our kids are not allowed to pray, Jesus name can't be mentioned and God, we are told, is just a fairy tell. Even Christmas is forbidden. It's X-mas so we don't offend.

Without a moral fiber, humanity will rapidly devolve into its most base form. We are clearly seeing this. Our moral foundation was built upon the 10 commandments and we've shattered that. Why wouldn't we expect evil to reign?

Who's offended now?
:iagree: There are many schools in which the Declaration of Independence, The Preamble to the Constitution and speeches like Nathan Hale's (in which he gives thanks to God and calls on his providence) are disallowed from the reading in school.

I don't agree about the Christmas abbreviation though. The "X" is an English transliteration of a ligature used in several (especially illuminated) texts both Biblical and in old copies of the Catechism. It is the combination of the Greek letters Chi and Rho. The first two letters in the Greek word "Christos". It has been the recognized logo of the Logos and used since the time of Constantine (Who supplanted the pagan celebration of the winter solstice with this Christian holiday) but the "P" type charachter "Rho" was absorbed and CHRISTmass > Christmas has been written often as X-mas since the 17th century in Anglican and other Protestant denominations.

I Thess 5:21
Disclaimer: IANAL, IANYL, IDNPOOTV, IDNSIAHIE and IANROFL
"There is no situation so bad that you can't make it worse." - Chris Hadfield, NASA ISS Astronaut

Barbi Q
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Barbi Q »

TexasGal wrote:Media now shifting attention from assault weapons to going after concealed carry:

They are shameless in their push to help the wolves kill more innocent lambs.
If anyone is raped, beaten or murdered on a college campus from this day forward
The senators who blocked SB 354 from being considered on 4/7/11 and
The members of the house calendar committee who haven't scheduled HB 750
Have the victims' blood on their hands.

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Oldgringo »

Barbi Q wrote:
TexasGal wrote:Media now shifting attention from assault weapons to going after concealed carry:

They are shameless in their push to help the wolves kill more innocent lambs.
Actually, today's media doesn't care about who eats whom. Their sole concern is ratings and the compensation package to those with the highest ratings.

And that's the way it is. Good night.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”