Possible shooting - prayers needed

Whether the need is great or small, there is power in prayer, especially when God's people raise their voices together.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
quidni
Posts in topic: 2

Possible shooting - prayers needed

Post by quidni »

No details on what actually happened yet. Our son (Thane) was driving past Kirk's Gun Shop earlier this afternoon while on a delivery & saw "lots of police cars, a couple of ambulances, and what looked like a body covered by a sheet laying outside the store."

Nothing on the local news yet.

Kirks was recently purchased by a very nice young couple when the original Mr. Kirk decided to retire last November. They kept the original staff, and they've been working hard to make the store something that will continue strongly for a number of years. Please keep the folks at the store & their families in your prayers. One of us will update when we have details.
TSRA / NRA
KA5RLA
All guns have at least two safeties. One's digital, one's cognitive. In other words - keep the digit off the trigger until ready to fire, and THINK. Some guns also have mechanical safeties on top of those. But if the first two don't work, the mechanical ones aren't guaranteed. - me

Skiprr
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Skiprr »

Thank you for letting us know, Quidni. Prayers sent. We all hope El Paso isn't rocked by a gun-store shooting, and we very much hope the new owners of Kirk's are okay...continuing a gun store into new generations is a noble undertaking in my book.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

We will send prayers and certainly hope no one was seriously hurt.

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

I will pray for them & for Thane also. Our younger generation has a hard job ahead of them after we are unable to carry the load.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

Texasdoc

Post by Texasdoc »

Prayers on there way and will add them to our list in the morning.

300shooter
Shoot more,then Reload and Shoot somemore. Image

http://www.texasguntalk.com

Thane

Post by Thane »

Update:

It wasn't a "shooting," per se, but a suicide. A patron purchased a pistol and ammunition, walked outside to their car, loaded the gun, and shot themself right there in the parking lot.

Physically, the staff of Kirk's are fine. Mentally... they're pretty shook up (and that's a bit of an understatement).

Thanks for the prayers for them, folks; I think they're gonna need them just as much, albeit in different circumstances. Also the family of the patron who committed suicide; they're also gonna have a lot to deal with.

Thane.

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Prayers sent for everyone involved. Thanks for the update.

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

Yes & from here too. The gun shop owners will need our prayers too. That is an awful way to open a gun shop.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

chewy555

Post by chewy555 »

Prayers sent for the employees and the family. This is one that will be hard to get past.
H&K USP 45
Taurus Tracker .357
Taurus 1911

Topic author
quidni

Post by quidni »

Because this was a public suicide, there's been very little reported in the news other than a brief newsblip to explain the confusion at the shopping center. (The entire strip center was closed briefly by the police.) It's almost a relief that the media here chooses to not make this kind of situation into a headline.

Thank you all for the prayers... please continue to keep the owners and staff in your thoughts for this next week. I don't know if the person who committed suicide had any family or friends, but if so, they'll need prayers as well to make it through the "Why?" in the next few months.
TSRA / NRA
KA5RLA
All guns have at least two safeties. One's digital, one's cognitive. In other words - keep the digit off the trigger until ready to fire, and THINK. Some guns also have mechanical safeties on top of those. But if the first two don't work, the mechanical ones aren't guaranteed. - me

308nato

Post by 308nato »

Prayers sent for the shop owners and the other persons family to get through this.

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

Prayers sent for all involved
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

Prayers sent for all involved
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member