Relocation to the I10 Corridor - SA to Hou

If you have a job you want to offer to TexasCHLforum members first, or if you are looking for a job, post it here.

Moderator: carlson1

mojo84
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Relocation to the I10 Corridor - SA to Hou

Post by mojo84 »

I am not sure how they are to work for but I do know they have accumulated a large portfolio of apartments in the area and around the country. You may want to contact The Lynd Co.
Last edited by mojo84 on Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

ELB

Post by ELB »

Hi SRO,

Seguin is on the I-10 about 45 minutes from center of San Antonio and about 2.5 hours from center of Houston. I don't have any specific leads for you, but the place is booming here, all kinds of folks moving in. Not sure how your skill set fits into things, but some of the big employers with large structures are Toyota (Tundra trucks built here), Caterpiller, CAVCO, Continental Automotive Systems, CMC Steel, Alamo Group (builds a variety of large, industrial tractors/mowers), a power plant and there are a couple dozen smaller manufacturers, several apartment complexes, and brand new motels and hotels springing up. Oilfield related stuff going on here and in surrounding area too. The Seguin Chamber of Commerce has a listing on their website.

And lots of people moving in, so finding a house might be a chore, but on the other hand it drives more business here.

Amazingly we don't have a gun range close by, the last one I know of the guy retired a couple years ago, so business opportunity there I guess. ;-) I live out in the sticks in the south of the county, much less inhabited there and I can shoot in the back yard.

San Marcos, New Braunfels, and Luling are all close by, and have direct routes to the I-10.

Good luck!
USAF 1982-2005

texanjoker

Post by texanjoker »

I browse indeed.com a lot looking at jobs down south. You might find what you are looking for.

strider67
Posts in topic: 2

Post by strider67 »

SRO,
I consider myself pretty handy, but you can do some things which I have never even heard of! :lol: Around my parts, I know a lot of people need custom gate work, pipe fencing, ranch welding, etc., and do quite well for themselves. Just an idea...hope you find exactly what you're looking for! :tiphat:
"When things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plum, mad-dog mean. Cuz' if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win...that's just the way it is." - The Outlaw Josey Wales

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

why limit yourself to I10? if you're interested in SA, look at I35. You've got SA. But Schertz, Cibolo and Selma have a bunch of Apartments and are constantly building more, for that matter, New Braunsfels is booming too, despite their mayor. Amazon just announced they want to expand!
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Scott in Houston

Post by Scott in Houston »

strider67 wrote:SRO,
I consider myself pretty handy, but you can do some things which I have never even heard of! :lol: Around my parts, I know a lot of people need custom gate work, pipe fencing, ranch welding, etc., and do quite well for themselves. Just an idea...hope you find exactly what you're looking for! :tiphat:
Dont' listen to this guy. He doesn't know squat about that kind of work. :lol: :biggrinjester:

I live in the I-10 ENERGY corridor in Houston, and I can say this, it's CRAZY now. The building and growth is amazing, but it's also increasing property values tremendously. This is great if you want to sell, but for buyers or those of us who are paying rising property taxes, it stinks... That being said, I love this area. We are in the center of everything, and Houston is the #1 economy in the country. If you can't make it here, you can't make it anywhere (the opposite of that Sinatra song!). :cheers2:

gigag04

Post by gigag04 »

Look on CBRE and Stream realty's websites for building engineer jobs.

Also - check the hospital's for facilities crews.

The plants on the east side all have use for those skill sets on their facilities crews.

My company has a services group that services LV and MV switchgear and substations. I can get you in front of a hiring manager there if you're interested.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

strider67
Posts in topic: 2

Post by strider67 »

Scott in Houston wrote:
strider67 wrote:SRO,
Dont' listen to this guy. He doesn't know squat about that kind of work. :lol: :biggrinjester:
:iagree: :smilelol5: :cheers2:
"When things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plum, mad-dog mean. Cuz' if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win...that's just the way it is." - The Outlaw Josey Wales

Return to “Job Board”