Search found 13 matches

by bmwrdr
Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:46 pm
Forum: Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues
Topic: Honolulu PD begins confiscation of registered guns...
Replies: 50
Views: 4974

Re: Honolulu PD begins confiscation of registered guns...

SewTexas wrote:
...
...
most of them I don't know what they are from, the one yesterday was from the change in the barometric pressure from the front.
Migraines have been a constant companion of mine for over 20 years, they've gotten more frequent over the last 5 years or so. I'm really hopeful with this new neuro. If he doesn't work out I'm going to go find some of that pot we were discussing. :lol:
Sorry to hear about your migraines. I had it in 12/13 as stated and I got rid of it without medication. I changed my diet to about 60% vegetables including plenty beets and the rest greens, onion, farlic, carrots and whatever you find in the vegetable section. The other 40% are chicken, fish and a steak maybe once a month, nothing greasy and no sugar at all. For dressing I use oil and vinegar.
I aslso walk at least 2 miles a day and up to 30 miles a day. I don't have a TV and the only screen time I get is on my PC and that I keep at a minimum.
Try it, it does not hurt but it will change the chemistry in your body in a positive way.
Did I mention vinegar? I have at least a shot glass of apple cider vinegar mixed in a glas of water.
In regards to wheed, better don't get me started on that topic.

:cheers2:
by bmwrdr
Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:51 pm
Forum: Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues
Topic: Honolulu PD begins confiscation of registered guns...
Replies: 50
Views: 4974

Re: Honolulu PD begins confiscation of registered guns...

SewTexas wrote:
rotor wrote:
SewTexas wrote:
rotor wrote:
SewTexas wrote:personally, I think marijuana might have helped my father-in-law's back pain, but he never would have tried it since it's illegal. Now, if a Dr said it would help my migraines I'd go for it night and day. My new neurologist actually mentioned Botox this week, it's suppose to be great for migraines.
Me too. May have to go to Colorado to see if it helps migraines. Doubt it.
Got a new pain med, Zomig....nasal spray, weird, but it worked. Expensive even with insurance.
Technically not a pain med. Zomig I believe is available generic now in pill form and works very well for migraines in some people. Go with the pill and save yourself some money. Just as good as the nasal spray.



I'm having 3 day migraines, even with Imitrex. I need something to work fast since I'm caregiver to my MIL. These 3 day migraines aren't good. He's trying this to see if it will knock them out. It seems to have worked. Just one dose and it was gone! That's worth the $

I'm sorry for the thread drift guys
Strangest thing those migranes. I dealt with it in 2012-13 and it stopped when I added beets to my salad.
by bmwrdr
Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:56 am
Forum: Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues
Topic: Honolulu PD begins confiscation of registered guns...
Replies: 50
Views: 4974

Re: Honolulu PD begins confiscation of registered guns...

philip964 wrote:Is there a pill that you can take that has the THC in it to provide the same benefit as smoking the weed? It would seem that would be the most effective way for the drug to be given. Time release agents could be added, carefully designed dosages could be created for each type of illness, etc. Doctors would proscribe, pharmacies would distribute. That way patients such as children or adults would not have to learn to smoke, etc. It would also avoid the stigma for patients of having to go to dispensaries. If these pills or capsules have not been created, why not?
I'd assume there is such a pill but not available yet for whatever reason. I am also positive that states like Hawai will be followed by CA, OR, WA, CO,... to get to the guns of the patients.
by bmwrdr
Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:32 pm
Forum: Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues
Topic: Honolulu PD begins confiscation of registered guns...
Replies: 50
Views: 4974

Re: Honolulu PD begins confiscation of registered guns...

Pariah3j wrote:I'll never understand why so many 'Liberty-minded' people are so quick to take away something because they don't agree with it or its something they wouldn't do... You don't like smoking tobacco - then don't. Don't like smoking in bars, don't go there - Government shouldn't be used to regulate morals. You think weed is the Devil's lettuce - then don't use it.

I don't think anything that grows naturally should be regulated by the Government or be allowed to be restricted so Drug companies can sell it back to us. It's akin to stripping a right away from someone and then selling it back to them in the form of a permit.

And as far as the drug dealer angle - guess what, if we would just legalize it - you'd put them out of a job. Did we not learn any lessons from the prohibition on alcohol?
Some is just not edible or poisoness like autumn skullcap (Galerina marginata) or several other species of mushrooms to bring up an example.

As far as the drug dealer angle goes we can't put them out of business in leess we really do it. History shows legalizing won't solve the issue and we do not need to discuss this topic either. Others tried it an it did not work or remove the problem. The only benefit would be a lower jail population but that would also mean a higher crime rate. See Switzerland, Germany and several other countries which have or had a program like that, Amsterdam comes to my mind. The drug mafia and gangs still exist and they adapted faster than any Government by hiring high profile lawyers to get away with their business.

Educating people about the negative sides and consequences are the better way to solve that problem. I also think higher jail terms for drug dealers would have a better effect.

Not saying anything and ignoring the problem will and did allow such a sub culture to grow and to exist,

And yes, you are right, you don't lile it then don't buy it is a good concept but not a solution.

:tiphat:
by bmwrdr
Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:18 pm
Forum: Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues
Topic: Honolulu PD begins confiscation of registered guns...
Replies: 50
Views: 4974

Re: Honolulu PD begins confiscation of registered guns...

Liberty wrote:
parabelum wrote:
Liberty wrote: ...
My use of "proven beneficial" might be misguided. To be honest I have only seen anecdotal claims, but some of them are pretty convincing. The thing is there isn't much scientific research done about weed because most drug research is funded by federal government grants and since weed is illegal there are no funds.
California and Colorado should be able to publish sssuch statistics by now. I was reading several articles about that topic in the past but there was no tangible benefit to marijuana mentioned. One was about a study in Zurich/ Switzerland and they said the program attracted more homeless and needy than they anticipated and the other one was about Amsterdam with about the same result. Their intent was to decimate the illegal drug scene but the effort went the wrong way.
Doctors may not neccesarily voice an opinion about the topic because the pharmaceutical companies may shaft one or the other by doing so.
All those topics can be researched on the web and some plausible and credible sources are out there.
I ca,e to the conclusion that the whole hype of legalizing marijuana is just made up by some and some others with the help of some politicians are gaining financially. Or are there some real world people which actually can proof the advantages over the disadvantages of legalized marijuana? The only positive article I remember was about Jimmy Carters successful treatment.
by bmwrdr
Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:48 pm
Forum: Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues
Topic: Honolulu PD begins confiscation of registered guns...
Replies: 50
Views: 4974

Re: Honolulu PD begins confiscation of registered guns...

parabelum wrote:
Liberty wrote:The canaboid treatments I was referring to do not involve THC. There is no high involved. The medications I was referring to were for treating symptoms of certain forms of epilepsy and Parkinsons disease. Because they are derived from certain Cannibus plants they are illegal. There are certain salves and creams that have had had therapeutic benefits.

Even the regular weed, has proven beneficial for PTSD victims. With fewer nasty side effects.
I was with you just about up until the part in red above. Do you have a reliable unbiased statistical reference to support that claim?
You may not have a horse in that race but many do and it is NOT in OUR best interest!
by bmwrdr
Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:45 pm
Forum: Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues
Topic: Honolulu PD begins confiscation of registered guns...
Replies: 50
Views: 4974

Re: Honolulu PD begins confiscation of registered guns...

Liberty wrote:I don't think anyone is promotiong recreation weed, We are for the most part just discussiing the issue of doctor prescribed medication. I for one don't promote or recommend recreational weed. The issue on the original post is about legally prescribed medication.

I think that the point is missed that things like cannabis oils are criminalized and have no psychotropic effects nor any other bad sad effects and can drastically improve peoples lives.

Therapeutically prescribed marijuana can drastically improve the lives of cancer patients chronic pain, and PTSD victims. The drugs normally prescribed for these people are much more damaging to folks and the community than the weed. I suspect that a properly managed and regulated program might actually take it some of it off the streets and away from the children. There is an opioid epidemic coming our way, At least with weed no one overdoses and dies.

Personally, I don't want it, and I don't need it Im am blessed with reasonably good health.
I don't doubt there are benefits in well professionaly applied cannabis based treatments. I just talk of live experience and what I read in the news.
I am also a firm believer in natural healing vs. going to a plain pill doctor and using the chemical hammer.

The initial topic was actually about the way Hawai handles the law about guns and marijuana patients with a medical "marijuana card."

I guess the discussion went a bit out of alignement but was productive in my opinion.

I'm glad you are blessed with health and so am I. Whatever live will bring, I will prefer Garlic, herps green tea and a vegetable diet anytime over medical wheed, period. Perhaps a good quality beer is better evry once in a while than over the counter medicaments ever will be.

:cheers2:
by bmwrdr
Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:08 pm
Forum: Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues
Topic: Honolulu PD begins confiscation of registered guns...
Replies: 50
Views: 4974

Re: Honolulu PD begins confiscation of registered guns...

Soccerdad1995 wrote:
bmwrdr wrote:Gun or wheed? Nothing wron with a gun-less substance dependent person.
:cheers2:
Do you feel the same way about those who are prescribed meds for chronic pain?
Please see my other responses to this topic. A regulated medication described by a doctor is one side of the story.
Using and abusing it without any real plausible or made up reason, surely not.
by bmwrdr
Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:05 pm
Forum: Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues
Topic: Honolulu PD begins confiscation of registered guns...
Replies: 50
Views: 4974

Re: Honolulu PD begins confiscation of registered guns...

canvasbck wrote:
Soccerdad1995 wrote:
bmwrdr wrote:Gun or wheed? Nothing wron with a gun-less substance dependent person.
:cheers2:
Do you feel the same way about those who are prescribed meds for chronic pain?
I was about to go here too. bmwrdr, would you be OK with police seizing your guns because you came home from knee surgery with your prescribed pain meds?

Being opposed to medical or recreational marijuana is a separate issue from being opposed to govt seizure of arms.
I am opposed to guns in the hand of a criminal, mentally I;; or impaired person at any time and any place, period.
I am opposed to drugs, especially if promoted to minors with no obvious reason, the same applies to alcohol.
A person not needing drugs does not need drugs or a treatment. Drugs and alcohol are a merchandise on the market and people consume it, I understand that part. What I don't understand is simply why would anybody get himself into a dependency. Best guess is those can't make a decision for themselves.
So why would anybody promote the benefits of marijuana without talking about the negative side? In particular who pays for it and who is responsible for the consequences?
In regards to guns, we have a regulation in place, felons, non residents, unconvicted criminals in progress committing a crime can not be in possession of a firearm by law. The same applies to the underaged and it is a law. Disobeying laws will get anybody in trouble if caught. No question or doubt about it.
We all know that bad things are happening with guns, those deeds are immediate and people get hurt or killed instantly.
With drugs alcohol or other substances the effect is not immediate in most cases. There are laws and regulations in place which are disobeyed at a much larger scale as in regards to gun crimes.
I am sure crime will always exist but I would not promote a gun sale to a person I am not aware of his background.
I would not talk about the benefits of marijuana without talking about the negative side.

Now let me ask you pro or not pro marijuana guys. Would you like to see a somebody promoting or selling wheed to your children?

:coolgleamA:

P.S.: I doo like a good beer on occasions but I would not drink and drive and my firearm is locked up if and when I do. In regards to wheed, I have never used any of it but I have dealt with marijuana and drug users of all kind. I have seen coworkers being fired not passing a drug test, I have seen heroin addicted people and know how they ruined their live and health. All of those I know said they started with marijuana or haschisch (same thing to my best knowledge). All oof them had a financial problem of some sort.
Would I touch it? I don't need that and I won't hang out or around those either.
by bmwrdr
Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:31 am
Forum: Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues
Topic: Honolulu PD begins confiscation of registered guns...
Replies: 50
Views: 4974

Re: Honolulu PD begins confiscation of registered guns...

lama wrote:
bmwrdr wrote: A mpre realistic approach to the health issues would be promoting a healthy diet and adequate physical exercise.
Take my word, a children with a health problem will not recover by taking marijuana or other numbing medication.
Tell the parents of an epileptic child that they just need to promote healthy diet and adequate physical exercise.

It sounds like your argument is that legal weed would lead to abuse. While denying that as a significant possibility would be silly, not allowing treatment of some peoples illnesses because others will be irresponsible sounds like a very similar argument that is made for gun control.

"Some will be irresponsible with guns and shoot people so we should make guns illegal so they cannot do so."

I am ambivalent to the idea of legal recreational use so don't really have a dog in this fight I guess.
Medicinal purpose means there is a doctor engaged and not a drug dealer. If I read the news I get the picture and understand that the "Industry" will make it possible to obtain medicinal marijuana and that implies financial gain is expected just like the drug dealers expect maximum profit and they actually get it.
Since human history there were humans with epilepsy and other diseases, marijuana wasn't a solution before it was outlawed and modern medicin can not cure the epilepsy either. I do very well understand the benefits but I will not agree with making marijuana available to anybody just because.
Anybody who doesn't already know can research and find out that the negative impact is by far higher to society then the benefit for an individual will be.
There are even scientific reports about children from parents taking or took drugs showing negative symptoms compared to children from drug free parents. The same applies to alcohol and other substances. There is a reason why people living drug and alcohol free live a healthier life.
Another point is employement, if an employee does not pass a drug test it is a reason for termination and the Government is actually strict about that part.
Would you smoke marijuana or take it in any other form? You can rest assured I wouldn't.
It is the criminals making a buck of the consumers and aaddicted. And it is the weak or helpless person having to put up with it.
:tiphat:
by bmwrdr
Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:16 am
Forum: Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues
Topic: Honolulu PD begins confiscation of registered guns...
Replies: 50
Views: 4974

Re: Honolulu PD begins confiscation of registered guns...

Liberty wrote:The canaboid treatments I was referring to do not involve THC. There is no high involved. The medications I was referring to were for treating symptoms of certain forms of epilepsy and Parkinsons disease. Because they are derived from certain Cannibus plants they are illegal. There are certain salves and creams that have had had therapeutic benefits.

Even the regular weed, has proven beneficial for PTSD victims. With fewer nasty side effects.
That is perfectly fine, using natural resources for treatments of cases you mentioned is a benefit for society.
What I was referring to is the cases where dope heads and drug dealers hang out in or around school yards or other places wher children usually are. There are also some idiots telling children and minors about the positive side of wheed regardless whether they are ill or not. We had already posts on this forum where a lqady was followed by a drug dealer after she dropped her kids at school. In my opinion that sort of criminals which targhet our youth should be hung without a trial.
There is no doubt about the negative sides of dope are by far more useless and dangerous than the benefitial part.
You doubt it, talk to parents dealing with it!
by bmwrdr
Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:06 am
Forum: Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues
Topic: Honolulu PD begins confiscation of registered guns...
Replies: 50
Views: 4974

Re: Honolulu PD begins confiscation of registered guns...

Liberty wrote:
CleverNickname wrote:It's not that difficult. If you don't want your guns taken away, don't commit what is still a disqualifying federal crime for firearm possession.
This is about Medical Marijuana
It could be a difficult choice if you are treating a disease that a marijuana product will alleviate. There are some illnesses that have had dramatic results with cannabis products. These people are required to make a choice of either improving their health and quality of life, or the right to protect themselves. Many cannabis products have no THC and will not get anyone high buying this stuff. Other tough choices could be buying this stuff for or child so that they can live a normal life, or become a felon.

A few years ago it was Luitenant Governor Dan Patrick who promised that as long as he is in power that he will never allow folks to get medical treatment because the cost to society would be that some people might enjoy the herb recreationally.
Good point, using marijuana for medical treatments is surely a way to use natural resources to fight serious health problems.
The problem is the fact our health care system is and always will be abused left and right, see the problem with the opiates as an example.
Children should not be a part of the equation because they can't buy or posess a firearm anyway.
Fact is that many will become millionaire with the marijuana business and where money can be made we'll see more crimiinals moving into business and make money with the support of the corrupt legal system. Marketing and professional business people will ensure success.
A mpre realistic approach to the health issues would be promoting a healthy diet and adequate physical exercise.
Take my word, a children with a health problem will not recover by taking marijuana or other numbing medication.
Legalization of drugs will not solve the problem at hand, it will shift the cartel controlling it and earning the profit.
Use of drugs leads to abuse of drugs until it becomes normal and that's it.

:tiphat:
by bmwrdr
Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:40 pm
Forum: Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues
Topic: Honolulu PD begins confiscation of registered guns...
Replies: 50
Views: 4974

Re: Honolulu PD begins confiscation of registered guns...

Gun or wheed? Nothing wron with a gun-less substance dependent person.
:cheers2:

Return to “Honolulu PD begins confiscation of registered guns...”