Search found 6 matches

by WCDUB
Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:34 am
Forum: Texas Firearms Coalition
Topic: HB195: Unlicensed Carrying of a Handgun
Replies: 34
Views: 8053

Re: HB195: Unlicensed Carrying of a Handgun

mr1337 wrote:
WCDUB wrote:anti-gun nuts have considerable power
I'm actually going to disagree with you there. They have a foothold in certain parts of the country, but as a whole, gun rights are making strides, while anti-gun organizations are tip-toeing along.

In CA we have Peruta v. San Diego.

In DC we have Palmer v. District of Columbia

I'm pretty sure there's an ongoing lawsuit for NY's SAFE Act.

Even in the most oppressed areas such as these, the anti-gun crowd is struggling to keep their hold.
Ok,but never underestimate your enemy.
by WCDUB
Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:33 am
Forum: Texas Firearms Coalition
Topic: HB195: Unlicensed Carrying of a Handgun
Replies: 34
Views: 8053

Re: HB195: Unlicensed Carrying of a Handgun

mojo84 wrote:
WCDUB wrote:
mojo84 wrote:There are other states that have open carry. To what extent have they had the issues you mentioned? It just hasn't been a huge deal.
Hey bud,if we can get constitutional carry(open or concealed,your choice),I'm all for it! But I'd rather have unlicensed
CC than licensed CC or OC. I understand that you don't agree,but we are generally on the same side of this issue.

The only thing I am challenging you on is your reasoning, open carriers being shot first and causing concern among the public. When I did, you then you switched to what is easier to get passed.

I am all for no restrictions on how, where and when we can carry. I just don't believe we should argue against one form of carry using unfounded arguments.

By the way, please don't take my comments as a personal attack. I am just challenging the reasoning behind the argument. Yes, it appears we do agree for the most part.
I should have been more clear.I want to carry concealed without need of a permit. If you prefer OC,it's alright with me.
by WCDUB
Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:30 am
Forum: Texas Firearms Coalition
Topic: HB195: Unlicensed Carrying of a Handgun
Replies: 34
Views: 8053

Re: HB195: Unlicensed Carrying of a Handgun

LOL! It was not my intention to start a ruckus. I just wanted to state my preference:carrying concealed,no permit required. Anyone with a different preference,go 'head on!
by WCDUB
Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:02 pm
Forum: Texas Firearms Coalition
Topic: HB195: Unlicensed Carrying of a Handgun
Replies: 34
Views: 8053

Re: HB195: Unlicensed Carrying of a Handgun

mojo84 wrote:There are other states that have open carry. To what extent have they had the issues you mentioned? It just hasn't been a huge deal.
Hey bud,if we can get constitutional carry(open or concealed,your choice),I'm all for it! But I'd rather have unlicensed
CC than licensed CC or OC. I understand that you don't agree,but we are generally on the same side of this issue.
by WCDUB
Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:51 pm
Forum: Texas Firearms Coalition
Topic: HB195: Unlicensed Carrying of a Handgun
Replies: 34
Views: 8053

Re: HB195: Unlicensed Carrying of a Handgun

mojo84 wrote:Shouldn't each person be able to carry as they see fit? I have a strong feeling most people that open vary will do it in a manner that shouldn't cause alarm. For example, most crooks, thugs and criminals will not carry openly and will probably will not do it in a proper holster.

I think the hysteria resulting possibly seeing someone open carrying many mention is unfounded. Look at the states where there is open vary already. No mad hysteria and seldom, if ever, do I hear of a bad guy shooting an open carrier first.
I see your point. In my opinion,the Second Amendment allows any kind of carry of any kind of firearm.
However,we live in a time in which PC,anti-gun nuts have considerable power,and many people are
afraid of and dislike guns. I'm not sure that the notions of anti-gun hysteria and BGs shooting OCs first are
really unfounded.That said,I'm certainly not opposed to OC. I wouldn't want to,but I wouldn't say that you
can't. The real meat of my argument is that passing bills allowing unlicensed CC might be easier than passing
bills allowing OC. However,IF you could pass a bill allowing constitutional carry(open or concealed,your choice),
that would be the best solution.But i worry that politicians won't pass OC as readily as CC.
by WCDUB
Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:27 pm
Forum: Texas Firearms Coalition
Topic: HB195: Unlicensed Carrying of a Handgun
Replies: 34
Views: 8053

Re: HB195: Unlicensed Carrying of a Handgun

Why don't we all push for unlicensed concealed carry and forget open carry?
What is the advantage of open carry? It seems to me that OC just causes concern
in other people who don't know your intentions. For all they know, you could be a
law-abiding citizen or some dangerous,crazy,nut-bar. How are they to know which?
Also,if you OC,and a bad guy shows up,he is going right for the person who OCs,
because such person poses the most threat to him. Better to carry concealed,as this
won't cause unnecessary concern,and you might have a better chance of stopping
criminal behavior. My argument is based on my belief that passing a bill allowing
unlicensed concealed carry will be easier than passing a bill allowing open carry.

Return to “HB195: Unlicensed Carrying of a Handgun”