Search found 5 matches

by jason812
Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:07 pm
Forum: Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues
Topic: Trump: Banning Suppressors?
Replies: 115
Views: 7571

Re: Trump: Banning Suppressors?

Bitter Clinger wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:35 pm
DevilDawg wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:26 pm
To bring this back on the topic of POTUS vs Suppressors, here is a link to the petition to stop his advance against them.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petiti ... uppressors
Signed. :tiphat:
Me too :fire
by jason812
Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:14 pm
Forum: Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues
Topic: Trump: Banning Suppressors?
Replies: 115
Views: 7571

Re: Trump: Banning Suppressors?

Paladin wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:06 pm
clarionite wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:54 pm
I was very disappointed that the Hearing Protection Act wasn't passed in the first two years when we held both chambers and the white house.
:iagree:

Any criminal that wants a silencer can make one. But the facts, straight from the ATF, are that very few do. According to the ATF, only 6 felons per year are caught with illegal silencers. I have no problem continuing to make a felon in possession of a silencer a crime. My problem is that law abiding citizens are having their constitutional rights infringed upon by the NFA.
Most firearms related crimes happen with handguns because you can easily conceal a handgun. You can't easily conceal a handgun with a suppressor.

On related topic, how many are recommended for prosecution for machine guns or short barreled long guns? I'm willing to bet it's not very many just like suppressors.

None of that matters though because we only know of 1 person that might have (but probably didn't) use a bump stock and that incident was used to ban bump stocks.
by jason812
Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:07 pm
Forum: Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues
Topic: Trump: Banning Suppressors?
Replies: 115
Views: 7571

Re: Trump: Banning Suppressors?

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:27 pm
anygunanywhere wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:14 pm
carlson1 wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:06 pm
jason812 wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:39 pm
The Annoyed Man wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:52 pm
They can ban them all they want. It will seriously tick me off, but it won’t stop me from having one if I want one. I know where to buy solvent traps, and I know how to make a suppressor. My son is a very highly qualified machinist. Making our own parts off the books is not a problem....if we have to.
:iagree:
They are not hard to make. Even easier if you have the right tools and know how to use them. :coolgleamA:

Bump stocks were not a sword to die on, are suppressors?
Bump stocks not worth dying for, suppressors not worth dying for, low round magazines not worth dying for, ammo not worth dying for, carrying a firearm outside your house not worth dying for, etc.... where do we say NO?
At the rate our 2A rights are slowly being eroded, we are dying a death of 1000 cuts. It is time the other side gets cut. Multiple times. Our side is tired of losing. And don’t even say the word compromise.
You say that "our 2A rights are slowly being eroded, . . ." Please list the specific erosion(s) you mean. Generalizations are easy to state, but I'm interested in the specific laws/restrictions.

Chas.
I'm going to say currently besides bumpstocks, we have been making grounds at the federal and state level. While not where we should be according to the Constitution, we actually haven't been eroding guns rights at a state or federal level in the past few years. It seems with all the rhetoric, we hear constantly, that we are actually losing when the fact is we are not gaining back what was taken away decades ago. Because many other states have passed Constitutional carry and Texas has not, it seems like we are losing. We are not restoring the 2nd Amendment as fast as I (and I'm sure many others) would like.

Historically, yes, there are multiple erosions of the 2nd Amendment. Most of these happened before I was born or still not old enough to even buy a firearm. I would say these are infringements more than an erosion as they are not new.
by jason812
Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:44 pm
Forum: Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues
Topic: Trump: Banning Suppressors?
Replies: 115
Views: 7571

Re: Trump: Banning Suppressors?

bblhd672 wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:28 pm
Redneck_Buddha wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:13 pm
One thing people have never been able to wrap their brains around on either side is that Trump really is not terribly conservative.
Trump’s best attribute these days is “better than Hillary”.
Thats not saying much, I have a "better than Hillary" at least once a day.

Of all the campaign promises Trump made that he's actually keeping, his 2nd Amendment promises are ones that he seems willing to break. That will not be good for him if he does break them even more than he has.
by jason812
Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:39 pm
Forum: Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues
Topic: Trump: Banning Suppressors?
Replies: 115
Views: 7571

Re: Trump: Banning Suppressors?

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:52 pm
They can ban them all they want. It will seriously tick me off, but it won’t stop me from having one if I want one. I know where to buy solvent traps, and I know how to make a suppressor. My son is a very highly qualified machinist. Making our own parts off the books is not a problem....if we have to.
:iagree:
They are not hard to make. Even easier if you have the right tools and know how to use them. :coolgleamA:

Bump stocks were not a sword to die on, are suppressors?

Return to “Trump: Banning Suppressors?”