Search found 1 match
Return to “Question Re: Windows 10 System Image Backup”
- by Charles L. Cotton
- Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:42 pm
- Forum: Technical Tips, Questions & Discussions (Computers & Internet)
- Topic: Question Re: Windows 10 System Image Backup
- Replies: 8
- Views: 1216
I have a 2 TB external HD that I use for backing up my laptop. Most of may important files are kept on Dropbox, so I'm not worried about those. (Actually, almost all my files are on Dropbox.) I hate setting up a new computer, because you have to load software, configure it as you wish, etc. I'd like to be able to restore my current computer to a new one, or the same laptop with a new hard drive. It appears a System Image Backup will achieve this. It may be necessary to have a recover DVD as well, but that's not a problem.
Here are my questions:
- Does a System Image Backup fully restore your computer such that you don't have to load anything?
- If so, can this be done with a new hard drive?
- If a new laptop is purchased, can a System Image Backup from the older computer be used to "set up" your new computer? This assumes you are using the same version of Windows.