artx wrote:Hi Chas - thanks for the letter - can you send out a call on the TFC email list as well (I think I only received 2 or 3 calls to action via the TFC list over the session).
I have talked to a dozen or so folks that I believe signed up for TFC around the midpoint of this session, and many of them are (not yet) TSRA or texaschlforum members. I want to reach everyone with this call! Feel free to also distribute my letter format below. Many people I talk to are hesitant to contact their elected officials because they don't know how to lay out the letter/email/communication. Once you have an example, it is easy - the first time, it is harder.
For anyone that wants to borrow my letter format:
your street address
your city, TX, your zip
Governor Rick Perry
Office of the Governor
State Insurance Bldg
1100 San Jacinto
Austin TX 78701
Dear Governor Perry,
Please add the below 3 items to the Texas Legislature special session call list. Gun owners around the Internet are encouraged by Lt. Governor Dewhurst's suggestion you may include personal protection bills in a special session. I support Charles Cotton’s letter to you today.
1) Comprehensive campus-carry. Bills such as HB 972 were held up during the regular session by political party posturing. Our college professors, staff, and adult students deserve the right to self defense.
2) Elimination of virtually all remaining off-limits areas for Texas concealed handgun licensees (HB3218). CHL holders are statistically as law abiding as Texas law enforcement, so there is no reason to prevent CHL holders from carrying in currently prohibited locations.
3) Prohibition on the use of unenforceable 30.06 signs by governmental entities and agencies (HB508). Today, many towns attempt to bully CHL holders from carrying in legal locations through posting 30.06 signs.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have. Thank you for your time.
Search found 1 match
Search found 1 match • Page 1 of 1
- Tue May 28, 2013 4:11 pm
- Forum: 2013 Texas Legislative Session
- Topic: Letter to Governor Rick Perry
- Replies: 235
- Views: 23449
Took everything in me to hold back what I really think about the status of gun rights in Texas, but letter sent as is.